BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Underpower Championship

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He makes his own bed. He often backs himself into a corner with the comments he makes. Calling west ham fans delusional is not the most sensible thing to do.

Even Kean is more subtle with his digs at the fans.

:lol:

Big Sam tells it like it is, whilst sat 3rd in the division - big minus.

Small Steve makes subtle digs at rightly disgruntled fans, whilst sat second bottom but for GD - that's ok.

Right-o Buckster.

:lol:

Big Sam tells it like it is, whilst sat 3rd in the division - big minus.

Small Steve makes subtle digs at rightly disgruntled fans, whilst sat second bottom but for GD - that's ok.

Right-o Buckster.

What page are you on?

I said Kean was more subtle when having a dig at the fans. Sam has annoyed fans at every club he has been at (even some Bolton fans were glad to see him leave).

It doesn't alter his ability as a football manager but it certainly seems to increase his chances of getting the sack.

• Backroom

Why can't people discuss something Sam does without people bringing Kean into it? The two are not forever linked, Kean has nothing to do with west ham united or the steady but unspectacular job Sam is doing there.

I genuinely think west ham will go up and then replace him with a more 'attractive' option and then flounder, their fans don't like him and their fans have quite a protected image so the press will be on their side

I think Sam's assessment of West Ham fans is, barring a few exceptions, bang on the money.

I think Kean's comments, even the subtle ones, about Rovers fans are odious. He's even got ANOTHER piece in the Mail about his black belt mate to protect him from Rovers fans. Have we no legal types who post in here can say if we have a case for group defamation and demand proof of any threats he's received?

The fact is Sam has a big wage budget and brought in a lot of players, 18 I read on Knees Up site, and got them into an almost nailed on promotion slot, top of the division. Since then they have turned over about 12 points to Reading by not winning any of their last 6 home games. IF WHU were such a shambles making his task so hard, why were they top in January and why is their away record so good?

Reading have the harder run in so it's not over, but it's no wonder the natives down there are getting restless in a week they have been called delusional by a manager who said if he managed a club with the most resources, which WHU have got in that division by a country mile, he would win the league every year.

It's just like the season us and Bolton went up, they were way ahead of us at one point then frittered a superb position away including a thumping home defeat to their nemesis club.

Time he let matters on the pitch do the talking

I think Kean's comments, even the subtle ones, about Rovers fans are odious. He's even got ANOTHER piece in the Mail about his black belt mate to protect him from Rovers fans. Have we no legal types who post in here can say if we have a case for group defamation and demand proof of any threats he's received?

It is indeed uncalled for. Time and time again the issue is coughed up. Ready made excuses for losing a match and relegation. It's almost as if fans are being goaded...

It's just like the season us and Bolton went up, they were way ahead of us at one point then frittered a superb position away including a thumping home defeat to their nemesis club.

Time he let matters on the pitch do the talking

We were still being bank-rolled by Jack in that 2nd season down. Bolton couldn't compete with that.

We were still being bank-rolled by Jack in that 2nd season down. Bolton couldn't compete with that.

How much did we exactly spend in that season?

Our spending was pretty reined in, if I recall.

How much did we exactly spend in that season?

Our spending was pretty reined in, if I recall.

Wages.

Plus didn't we also make our all time record signing in that second season?

Craig Hignett was the biggest money signing if I recall.

We brought in a fair few but they were mainly freebies/cheap/loans- Berg, Friedel, Short, Bjornebye, Berkovic, Bent.

We're still doing that only they are not remotely as good as those above!

We kept players like Flitcroft though and the salaries bill was way above a normal Championship club.

I can't remember how much we lost in those 2 seasons but it was a lot. Jack basically gave out the order---'go for it'.

• Backroom

I'm sure I can remember reading during the 00/01 pre-season that if we didn't go up in that second season funding would have been drastically cut back. Thank goodness we did go up. One plus to us being in Division 1 (as it was at the time) was that we were awesome on CM 00/01... practically guaranteed promotion with that squad :lol:

He makes his own bed. He often backs himself into a corner with the comments he makes. Calling west ham fans delusional is not the most sensible thing to do.

Even Kean is more subtle with his digs at the fans. JUST SUGGESTS THAT FANS MAY HAVE SPIKED HIS DRINK, WHICH MADE HIM OVER THE DRIVING LIMIT.

It is indeed uncalled for. Time and time again the issue is coughed up. Ready made excuses for losing a match and relegation. It's almost as if fans are being goaded...

If we are relegated Mum it's all going to be those awful,nasty Rovers fans fault..we know what's coming...that and a wing chun front high kick !!

• Backroom

This is quite a glorious battle between two massive egos.

Sam will be ok though, even if he's sacked he will find himself another job around the same level, let's be honest he'd only have to say the word right now and he'd be appointment wolves manager

• Backroom

Just had a glance at knee's up mother brown, some are livid but it seems to be the ones that hate him anyway, the rest see it more as a pop at the press.

Archived