BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan 2010/11

You would think, it would be a little foolish to let him leave at the end of the season for nothing, if there is the slightest chance of puling a couple of mil for him, or making the squad, if it costs us 10k a week on another two year deal give him a chance.

I doubt Palace would be offering much more per week.

I've always thought it also helps players progress in the squad, when they are from the same class, so to say.

Gunning, Jones, Hanley and Marrow would be a great haul from the class of 2008. ;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think, it would be a little foolish to let him leave at the end of the season for nothing, if there is the slightest chance of puling a couple of mil for him, or making the squad, if it costs us 10k a week on another two year deal give him a chance.

I doubt Palace would be offering much more per week.

I've always thought it also helps players progress in the squad, when they are from the same class, so to say.

Gunning, Jones, Hanley and Marrow would be a great haul from the class of 2008. ;)

It's amazing how many good young players we have at the moment. You could put out a pretty decent team where everyone is 22 or under:-

----------------------Fielding

Hanley------Jones------Gunning-----Olsson

Hoilett------Nzonzi------Linganzi----Marrow

-----------------Kalinic-----M Diouf

Obviously would get tanked in the Premiership, but it has been a long time since we could get anywhere near that sort of quality in the youth ranks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blackman has surely earned a crack at the Prem, he couldn't have done much more than he has done on loan.

Maybe, although Anthony Stokes immediately springs to mind due to what he did at Falkirk on loan.

To be honest we have enough strikers at the moment, but he could definitely be useful when M. Diouf goes back to Utd (we can't keep loaning strikers to fill up our squad forever).

but has anyone seen much of Blackman? Sounds promising anyway.

Yes - and to be honest he was very poor on all 4 occasions. However iv heard he's a player who can be awful one week & quality the next...perhaps a confidence player, hence the goal return?

Hat-trick now. I know Boyd was made to look like a young Romario in Scotland and can't even bag goals in the Championship, but has anyone seen much of Blackman? Sounds promising anyway.

I saw him in the pre-season friendly at Fleetwood - he & Roberts were up front and he didn't have the best of games.

I'm staying with friends in Glasgow in a couple of weekends time and am hoping to talk my exiled-Mackem mate up there to go to the Motherwell vs. Hearts game on the Sunday afternoon.

Not good enough for PL imo , but playing and scoring up there will do him nor rovers any harm , think he may stay there till end of season and then leave for a championship club for 6 figure sum in the summer , good business for rovers

Blackman has surely earned a crack at the Prem, he couldn't have done much more than he has done on loan.

Is not that the whole idea of loaning out players at times. It gives those player much needed match time. I hope that this helps both Rovers and Blackman. Though as he is on Rovers books, he is doing the sell on bit very good at the moment. Especially if Sam considers him not good enough for the prem. Scottish teams will start being interested if he contiunes scoring goals the way he is doing now.

Bothroyd at cardiff, could not do it at Rovers, yet is scoring now. The championship is a very hard league in my view.

Archived