BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who do you want as manager

* straitened.

"Incumbent" is a good word, given his great big cumbersome head.

I'd let fat lad manage until the end of the season (but I wouldn't let him spend too much money), fire him from a cannon and let someone else take charge. Someone whose idea of forward-thinking doesn't amount to having his voice boom out Darth Vader-style on the stadium PA, getting the players to do Tai Chi, and taking them out to play darts if they're looking jaded.

Jim with a typo/ grammatical error?

They say dementia is on the increase. (Luckily the NHS budget is being protected).

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the takeover is why Sam has been doing some self promotion in the papers recently... trying to win the new owners over by telling them how good he would/could be given the right squad...

Can you blame him?

Whenever we have changes to the management structure at my place work the driven, dynamic, ambitious ones have to go all out (once again) to impress the new people in power - a combination of self preservation and self serving ambition AND it works well for the organisation!

Was Sam serious about managing at International level - maybe that's his honourable exit? or was he just chest beating to say "THAT'S how good I am."?

Personally I would love to see Sam stay until the end of the season & then let his position be reviewed. When we play football it's really good to watch, it's just that we don't always play football...

Sam should be given the transfer window to tinker with his squad & demonstrate that he can put out a team that is good to watch.

I certainly wouldn't want to get rid of him now. Which other manager is better equipped to lead a team that's facing a potential relegation scrap?

Honestly, who else could we get in that could do a better short term job than Sam?

Just look at what happened to Newcastle after they axed Sam...

I'm assuming that the new owners know as much about football management as I know about poultry management hence the reason they are working with Kentaro.

One would hope that somebody at Kentaro has enough sense to realise that Sam is the right man at the right time and is in the right place.

Come June 2011 the time & place will have moved on - but between now & then Sam should be given every opportunity to shine.

Simply sacking Sam Allardyce because you don't like Sam Allardyce will not be beneficial for Rovers.

The guy had bayern struggling to qualify for the champs league and was sacked. How does that indicate he could do a job for us?

Unlike Shearer who is always tlaked about and has even less credentials?

I just love trying to figure out what strikes teh fancies of some on here.

This thread is awful....

Sam has saved this club from relegation after Ince and has not been backed in the transfer market this season. When he took over he brought in Givet, Dioufy and some great youngsters. The football is crap (agreed) but has got us results. There was a point last season when he was three games away from the sack (apparently) and we ended up pushing up to 10th. We have had a toughish start a the season

Expect Result

Eveton 0 3

Birmingham 3 0

City 0 1

Fulham 1 1

Blackpool 3 3

Stoke 3 0

Sunderland 3 1

Liverpool 0 0

Total 13 9

In my opinion we have to make up 4 lost points! This time last year we only had 10 points and where just about to get hammered 5- 0 by chelsea and have already been slaughtered by arsenal. Its still early days and the league is bunched up! It will even itself up!

wow, no love for my Jurgen Klinsmann idea, quite surprised. There aren't many former players looking to be coaches with more name recognition than he...

Think he would be a very good club manager. but would want to come to Blackburn Rovers??? He was very unlucky at Bayern because they were 4 points of top but knockout of Champions League tho.

And could probably make a £6m striker out of Kalinic. ;)

Bilic's claim that Kalinic was the future of Croatian football was instrumental on us paying so much for him. I wouldn't be at all suprised to find some of our 6m tucked away in Bilic's bank account by way of commission. ;)

Bilic's claim that Kalinic was the future of Croatian football was instrumental on us paying so much for him. I wouldn't be at all suprised to find some of our 6m tucked away in Bilic's bank account by way of commission. ;)

We are feeling cynical today aren't we?

Unlike Shearer who is always tlaked about and has even less credentials?

I just love trying to figure out what strikes teh fancies of some on here.

Drugs prob..... or just becoming addled by hanging around on Champ manager until their balls drop.

We are feeling cynical today aren't we?

There is usually an angle when someone comes out with endorsements like that for no good reason. Cynicism or reallism Topman? :rock:

This thread is awful....

Sam has saved this club from relegation after Ince and has not been backed in the transfer market this season. When he took over he brought in Givet, Dioufy and some great youngsters. The football is crap (agreed) but has got us results. There was a point last season when he was three games away from the sack (apparently) and we ended up pushing up to 10th. We have had a toughish start a the season

Expect Result

Eveton 0 3

Birmingham 3 0

City 0 1

Fulham 1 1

Blackpool 3 3

Stoke 3 0

Sunderland 3 1

Liverpool 0 0

Total 13 9

In my opinion we have to make up 4 lost points! This time last year we only had 10 points and where just about to get hammered 5- 0 by chelsea and have already been slaughtered by arsenal. Its still early days and the league is bunched up! It will even itself up!

All the man has done is convinced players and fans alike that they have no talent or use other than to kick a ball up in the air.

You're forgetting that we have also been gifted five goals. Two own goals, two keeper mishaps and one Dioufy push on a keeper (not saying I didn't love it) which have gained us...eight points!

Style of football doesn't work...he's a man set in his terrible ways and isn't going to change...get rid of him.

All the man has done is convinced players and fans alike that they have no talent or use other than to kick a ball up in the air.

You're forgetting that we have also been gifted five goals. Two own goals, two keeper mishaps and one Dioufy push on a keeper (not saying I didn't love it) which have gained us...eight points!

Style of football doesn't work...he's a man set in his terrible ways and isn't going to change...get rid of him.

You make your own luck... being in the right place at the right time! People on hear where saying how much further up the league last year we would have been if this decision went our way or we should have had a pen. Its all hypothetical.. lets see where we are come January 1st I predict 13th! Whats your prediction? Lets have a fun of it bet to see who's right. I am not saying the football is great, and I agree with the teams he puts out every week, but it will come good, and he is a good manager.

Absolute b***cks. Kalinic chose the wrong manager to play under. If he were at Wigan or Bolton (alongside Klasnic) you'd see what a good player he is. I feel sorry for the lad.

Archived