BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who do you want as manager

I thought I would start this topic because so many of you don't want Big Sam has manager from what I have read in the rovers Liverpool match thread. I personally think we should give Big Sam at least to the end of season. He saved us when we were down and out under Paul Ince. I think Big Sam did an excellent job last season with tenth place in the league and a semi final in the league cup. I don't think he got the team he wants, think Big Sam know we want a proven goalscorer and midfield playermaker.

BIG QUESTION

Who do you want has Manager?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Robbie Keane, get your mate on it :P

Seriously, I don't know and I'm glad I don't have to make decisions like that. Sam has his plus points but also has glaring lows.

I think it maybe best for all that his reign was a stop gap after the Ince era, the man to keep us afloat then abandon ship and let a new man take us forward.

Is there anyone who could come in and change it for the better - that I don't know!

Tough one.

The only type of manager we'll probably attract IF Big Sam leaves are people like Curbishley, McClaren, Phil Brown.

Not sure if any of them fill be with confidence.

The chance of McClaren leaving a team where he is challenging for honours and playing in the CL, to come to us, with no money (without a takeover) is slim to none.

Ignoring the thread title faux pas, is it too early to point out that we are 3 points off 7th having played City, Arsenal and Liverpool?

It's a very tight league this year. We all know the reasons why we are where we are. The manager is only one of the reasons and the Trust are trying to sort out the main reason.

I hope our potential new owners weren't at Anfield today though!

I'll repeat what i have said on the match thread.

Without a takeover, I just cannot see Williams sacking him, simple as that. JW is not a firer of managers, the total incompetence of Ince was a unique situation.

I have supported Allardyce, his record of keeping us up, a top 10 finish and semi final on a shoestring meant he earned my support for this season. However, this season has proven you do not need to follow his percentage, 'get it in the mixer' approach to do OK.

Takeover= get shut if the money and ambition is there to take us forward, would he adapt to having money to spend?

no takeover= JW will not sack him this season (at least), so what is the point of this debate?

I'll repeat what i have said on the match thread.

Without a takeover, I just cannot see Williams sacking him, simple as that. JW is not a firer of managers, the total incompetence of Ince was a unique situation.

I have supported Allardyce, his record of keeping us up, a top 10 finish and semi final on a shoestring meant he earned my support for this season. However, this season has proven you do not need to follow his percentage, 'get it in the mixer' approach to do OK.

Takeover= get shut if the money and ambition is there to take us forward, would he adapt to having money to spend?

no takeover= JW will not sack him this season (at least), so what is the point of this debate?

I wouldn't trust that idiot Fat Sam with any kind of money. Unfortunately JW has no balls, how long did it take him to sack Ince? BFS should have probably have gone in January. Up until the 2nd leg of the CC Semi, we were shocking, everyone could see our tactics were wrong except Fat Sam! Pretty much like this season.........

Archived