BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

Exactly! Not trying to squeeze all possible positivity out of this. VH need to be questioned constantly until they can fully satisfy all concerns. This is our club and the wrong decision could destroy it.

BPF i understand what you are saying and as all fans we should be concerned, however in regards to the loan from the bank don't you think that the trust has looked at that. We had Syed apparently saying he would pay 300 million for 5 years with his own money and then if the newspapers are to believed we have VH who are taking a loan from ICICI bank to buy the club for 46 million and the club has chosen VH, there has to be a reason for this which NO one on this board would know. The only official confirmation we have is that the takeover is near completion a statement which no one expected from JW. In regards to Kentaro I am certain that whatever Philip has heard in regards to them making us a new pompy and how bad or good they are, the club has heard it all before and any concerns would have already been addressed before any official statement was made. What some people fail to understand is that the facts were we had Syed with 300 million and the club so far has refused the bid and we have VH who the club so far has accepted The reasons for this decision no one will ever know but we have to trust in them to make the best decision.

On another note

The only thing that worries me about this group is that if things go bad and maybe extra non planned investment is needed I don't know how easily it will be available. If their plan doesn't work and we do get relegated where would they leave us? and if buying a club doesn't get them the expected returns for their pharmaceuticals or whatever they want to promote in the UK where will they leave us. Running a football club is not as easy as it sounds and I feel they think it is.

These are the questions that fans need answered in regards to money etc I would leave that to the trust.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully endorse the comments of Philip & BPF and the need for caution.

Yes, it's not difficult to see the attraction from Venkys' perspective and how this acquisition would add and drive value in their global businesses.

However, from what we know and surmise, there seem to be too many issues that are unanswered and that we don't understand.

Also, it's not beyond possibility that Roths have got their decimal point in the wrong place re the financials with this group, like many of the lazy journos.

Key line for me from that telewag interview "Blackburn did not intend to make any further comment on the deal until new owners are secured"

So the club are going to keep quiet for a further 2 years once this deal goes tits up?? :rolleyes: Sorry but that line says to me, done deal - we will comment when its done next week.

No other bidder has got close - each has been heavily vetted & it has to be bullsh!t that they havent checked out all VH Groups plans.....for one they wouldnt be arriving tomorrow on a private jet WITH Kentaro staff!!

As everyone is aware, I posted a highly positive profile about VH from a financial analyst right from the moment they were first publicly identified and the record of the Trust and the board of Blackburn Rovers is such, that I instinctively support them- they deserve it.

However, I was massively alarmed when I read that a bank was financing the take over but accepted their assurance that this was coming from their own resources. But having followed the very sensible posts made by people whose day job is financial numbers I am left pretty clear in my mind that whilst the total size of VH Group is somewhat hidden, it is not that big.

My unease is exacerbated by the PR from Venky's which has been pretty shambolic this week to be fair. I have been very busy so have just read all the statements from them one after another and I am left pretty confused as to what is happening or planned here beyond:

-

Regardless of some confused messages suggesting they don't really know what they are letting themselves in for (4000holes is pretty accurate), I have warmed enormously to Mrs Desai. She seems to be a quite remarkable business leader and I feel we will be in safe hands with her. Her two brothers raise rather more questions though.

But then to really confuse the matter, we have had nicko's run of posts which read as though he is talking about a completely different takeover except from having been rather more clear here and in the national press that Sam has little future at Ewood.

Kentaro and Venky's "are joined at the hip" according to nicko and indeed the Venky's people are not that knowledgeable about PL football so are leaving it all to Kentaro to sort out. Indeed the Kentaro brochures of used footballers and wonder kids (work permits not withstanding) is being flashed around the Ewood boardroom as I type this if nicko is to be believed.

And yet everything I hear about Kentaro from people who know far more about football agencies than I do screams Rovers will be Pompey mark 2 if they are involved.

I/quote]

I try to lead a simple life Philip. Certainly I don't have any splinters up my bottom from straddling so many fences. What you are writing is deliberately mischievious.

However to give you a bit of heart I only need to remind you or your own words (again)

"The Trust were and are an exemplary owner"

"Thank goodness for the excellent Trust and the provisions which prevent them selling the Rovers into debt".

So you see? There is nothing to worry about because you said so.

I have said for years as have many other posters like cheshire blue, Rovers is a project which an owner can expect to lose £100m+ without getting upset about it.

Venky's simply are not large enough to do that.

I have mixed feelings about this Venkys Kentaro bid

Some aspects - mrs dessi, business synergy, look very good indeed.

Some aspects - kentaro, this weeks communications, look very bad indeed.

On top of that this is a moving story with new information coming out all the time. I try to interpret this stuff and of course the overall picture changes.

I have said for years as have many other posters like cheshire blue, Rovers is a project which an owner can expect to lose £100m+ without getting upset about it.

Venky's simply are not large enough to do that.

I have mixed feelings about this Venkys Kentaro bid

Some aspects - mrs dessi, business synergy, look very good indeed.

Some aspects - kentaro, this weeks communications, look very bad indeed.

On top of that this is a moving story with new information coming out all the time. I try to interpret this stuff and of course the overall picture changes.

But don't you have to trust the exemplary owner to make the right decision or are they not exemplary anymore?

And do the Trust provisions which you told us prevent the Rovers being sold into debt exist or not? I wouldn't have thought this was a matter capable of reinterpretation is it? These provisions either exist or they don't?

The Trust are as capable of changing their minds based on new evidence as anyone else.

They entered into exclusive arrangements with Syed and Wga.

They extended those arrangements.

Then mystery man was favoured.

Then Venkys Kentaro got ahead

Right now conversations are in earnest with Sarin Shah again.

The sale of Rovers is a massive decision and I'd expect them to take their time, expand timescales when uncertain, evaluate all options and re-evaluate.

That is exactly what they are doing.

Bottom line for me is that I don't trust the Trust not to lumber us with a corporate organisation that doesn't have our best interests at heart.

Trying to evaluate what is coming out in the media is not easy for someone like me who's noi longer au fait with balance sheets etc. I can only go on my intuition, which is that this is all going to end in tears.

If the Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph reports of this morning are to be believed, yes SG194

This is why people get annoyed Phil; You take the smallest lumps of crap and turn it into a giant turd. How on earth can you so boldly present a 'fact' like that based on two very vague column fillers?

The Trust are as capable of changing their minds based on new evidence as anyone else.

They entered into exclusive arrangements with Syed and Wga.

They extended those arrangements.

Then mystery man was favoured.

Then Venkys Kentaro got ahead

Right now conversations are in earnest with Sarin Shah again.

The sale of Rovers is a massive decision and I'd expect them to take their time, expand timescales when uncertain, evaluate all options and re-evaluate.

That is exactly what they are doing.

Please don't accuse VH of leaving "unanswered questions" will you because you have certainly avoided mine.

Bottom line for me is that I don't trust the Trust not to lumber us with a corporate organisation that doesn't have our best interests at heart.

Trying to evaluate what is coming out in the media is not easy for someone like me who's noi longer au fait with balance sheets etc. I can only go on my intuition, which is that this is all going to end in tears.

Fair enough--I can respect that opinion. You don't trust the Trust to make the right decision and that's fine by me.

I don't usually post in the takeover thread as I have no knowledge of the business world and am merely a supporter who is becoming increasingly bemused with the various posts on this thread. Like philipl, I have always believed that there is no alternative but to trust the Trust and its advisors to find the right buyer.

At the moment I feel that if the Trust felt Shah was the right man to take over the club this deal would have been done months ago. If they had felt Syed was the right man the deal would have been done weeks ago. Clearly the Trust must have grave reservations about these two bids and have looked for alternatives.

This week we have had the strongest statement yet from the club that the deal with VH is virtually done. Now we are told that the involvement of Kentaro may put a question mark against the deal. I find it hard to believe that the Trust and its advisors knew nothing of the involvement of Kentaro in the VH bid. If a journalist based in the north west could dig this out I'm sure that the Trust and its advisors could have done likewise. If they didn't then we really are in trouble if these are the people who are in charge of selling the club.

Philipl now suggests that the Trust have gone back to Shah - a bidder whose background and financial ability to take the club forward has been questioned since day one.

I now have no idea who the club will be sold to and am beginning the think that the Trust are going to opt for the lesser of three evils - whichever one that is. If the VH group are at Ewood today, and if club officials are falling all over them, then I would suggest that points to the fact that they are still leading the race.

Yes I do believe the Trust is trying to do their very best for the club.

But for them like the rest of us, they can only go by the best information they have available.

And of course people wanting to buy the club will present their best face and obscure their worst. So the Trust's perceptions change as I have illustrated.

It doesn't stop us having opinions. For me Venkys are late on the scene so have been less scrutinized by the Trust and Rothschilds than the other three. And buying the club on borrowed money and Kentaro involvement or influence on Rovers management are complete and utter no nos.

They are no more and no less substantive than the pieces that appeared in the Mirror and People in the last seven days.

The only difference is the writers have not been in this MB cheerleading for Kentaro.

There are absolutely no quotes and we have no idea who the people who wrote them are. I'm not a religious follower of nicko, but at least he appears to justify what he writes and has a better than average track record with Rovers related stories. I'm willing to accept his theory how these are just rehashes set about by bitter rivals, especially considering how the club pretty confirmed the deal is agreed.

Did it not occur to you that the trust/board might have asked who was going to be running the club before they agreed to sell it?

It's hard to see how this VH bid is for the longterm benefit of Blackburn Rovers. If you want your club to become a brochure for Kentaro players and an advertising hoarding for VH support the bid. If you prefer an alternative look elsewhere. I don;t like the sound of Syed but it seems preferable to VH. If the VH bid is successful I feel we can look forward to the following scenario:

1. VH do not have enough money to own / run a football club

2. To overcome this issue some cash will be available to the club to sustain the wage bill

3. Players will be "bought," in some yet undefined manner, from Kentaro to overcome the issue we have regarding transfer funds

4. When a player's value has increased sufficiently he'll be sold to generate Kentaro's required profit, fund VH advertising / sponsorship and perhaps the wage bill

5. Any time we look like creating a good side the stars will be sold

6. Our owners will settle for mid-table as this provides the security needed to run this business

7. We can all turn up if we want, it won't make a lot of difference. You, me and 25,000 other are a complete and utter irrelevance no matter what some businessman / woman or even JW says.

I think this bid is leading the support like sheep. I wish people would think about what's happening here instead of planning hotels, railway stations and revenue streams. It is so WRONG. To be frank its getting to the point where I really don't like football anymore and I have absolutely no enthusiasm for the game today. I'll be there, for my lad, not for me.

I really hope JW and the Trust don't do this. PLEASE do not sell this club down the river to VH and Kentaro.

......and I'm not answering any "What's your plan then Paul?" responses.

Very good points Paul and my fears too,far too much outside involvement with this VH deal....too many Chiefs!

I have since day one got the impression this deal is all about the best interests of VH and Kentaro with Rovers coming a very poor third.....I'm sorry but this will not do under any circumstances! :angry2:

People can promise the earth to curry favour but deliver nothing....I fear this is what we are walking straight into,with eyes seemingly blindfolded.

It's hard to see how this VH bid is for the longterm benefit of Blackburn Rovers. If you want your club to become a brochure for Kentaro players and an advertising hoarding for VH support the bid. If you prefer an alternative look elsewhere. I don;t like the sound of Syed but it seems preferable to VH. If the VH bid is successful I feel we can look forward to the following scenario:

1. VH do not have enough money to own / run a football club

2. To overcome this issue some cash will be available to the club to sustain the wage bill

3. Players will be "bought," in some yet undefined manner, from Kentaro to overcome the issue we have regarding transfer funds

4. When a player's value has increased sufficiently he'll be sold to generate Kentaro's required profit, fund VH advertising / sponsorship and perhaps the wage bill

5. Any time we look like creating a good side the stars will be sold

6. Our owners will settle for mid-table as this provides the security needed to run this business

7. We can all turn up if we want, it won't make a lot of difference. You, me and 25,000 other are a complete and utter irrelevance no matter what some businessman / woman or even JW says.

I think this bid is leading the support like sheep. I wish people would think about what's happening here instead of planning hotels, railway stations and revenue streams. It is so WRONG. To be frank its getting to the point where I really don't like football anymore and I have absolutely no enthusiasm for the game today. I'll be there, for my lad, not for me.

I really hope JW and the Trust don't do this. PLEASE do not sell this club down the river to VH and Kentaro.

......and I'm not answering any "What's your plan then Paul?" responses.

Now that theres more information being released about their intentions, you get the feeling that this isnt going to happen and neither is it going to happen with the other Indians.

Nows a good time for Eddie to show his hand!

Coming out of this today, surely JW and the board could be looking to do some sort of sponsorship deal with Venky's for the new season then at least it hasnt been a complete waste of time.

This last (Paul) post is ridiculous at most...doombringer..

The trust wants to sell, but no buyer will ever be good enough according to you..so..

This is the options:

Stay with the Trust, keep the sale sign on the lawn, no investment done - championship here we come - and when the day comes, say goodbye to any chance of a high profile takeover ever again...hello sheffield wednesday, southampton etc.

Trust the Trust now, accept this takeover as a calculated gamble..football is changing, and we need to keep up, or we WILL be left behind. And stop making conclusions on bits and pieces you read from a messageboard..

Wow I am getting giddy with the number of times people are switching positions on this.

A few facts:

1. VH Group have cleared the DD and are about to sign on the dotted line- source? LET (the official mouth piece of the club).

2. VH Group have said that the money that they have used to purchase Rovers is NOT borrowed but their own- source? LET and an interview that the brother gave in India.

3. There WILL be funds available to the manager in January and a three year plan is in place- source? The group themselves.

How many times does someone have to say "The money is mine" and the club to say "We are selling the club to VH Group" for people to finally realise that it IS happening?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Venkys-brand-scores-with-Blackburn-buy-/articleshow/6825988.cms

Times of India state 4000 crore- about £500 million pounds?

Phillip- Week 1, you wrote a very detailed message from an Indian Analyst who said how VH Group were one of the most respected businesses in India, that people from Pune are well educated and very trustworthy (or words to that effect), the person also said that the Group were VERY wealthy.

Everything that I have read about the group suggests to me that they are wealthy and the fact that they have cleared both Rothschilds and the Trust, enforces my position, speculation is pointless, I would point out that the only people who have been level headed in this whole position have been the trust, so to paraphrase Phillip "Trust the trust"- unless that position has changed as well? :huh:

Sorry Paul respect your opinion BUT unless you have seen the DD done on both Syed and VH you or I or anyone else on this board are merely speculatin,g we do not have the facts- the trust do.

This last (Paul) post is ridiculous at most...doombringer..

The trust wants to sell, but no buyer will ever be good enough according to you..so..

This is the options:

Stay with the Trust, keep the sale sign on the lawn, no investment done - championship here we come - and when the day comes, say goodbye to any chance of a high profile takeover ever again...hello sheffield wednesday, southampton etc.

Trust the Trust now, accept this takeover as a calculated gamble..football is changing, and we need to keep up, or we WILL be left behind. And stop making conclusions on bits and pieces you read from a messageboard..

Is there an agenda behind that post?

Archived