BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

Is it possible that the confusion over the comments from VH over the last few days is that they see us finishing around mid table this year (first interview) and then their hope is that the club will push on up the table (The interview the next day). This is my reading of it.

The first interview was probably a realistic statement for reasonable ambitions.

Then there is an outcry and screams of a lack of ambition - when, in fact, 10th or 12th is a triumph for anyone these days.

The second interview was aimed at what the punters want to hear.

I have got to say that was disappointing. You shouldn't be promising a top four finish at any stage.

Throw in the confusion - albeit understandable - about spending power and it has been a bit messy.

I hope they get their act together by the time they come over and lay things out on the line.

It is going to be a very traumatic first few months, with issues to address on and off the pitch.

So a bit less clucking around would help...sorry.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Nicko I don't think anyone really had major concerns about the 10-12 part of her first interview. I think most of the concerns were that they were going to get us back into the premiership by spending £5m.... just seemed a little odd.

That coupled with the bank loan comment tagged on the end of the report put us on suicide watch for a while.

Nobody PROMISED top 4!

Yep, there's a big difference between saying we will be a top 4 club and saying we would like to break into the top 4.

To take over a club and say they like to finish mid table, while being realistic the days, isn't very ambitious and sounds very lacking in enthusiasm. Especially coupled with the other rather one sided comments. So I was glad that she followed it up with a rather more uplifting interview.

To be fair Nicko I don't think anyone really had major concerns about the 10-12 part of her first interview. I think most of the concerns were that they were going to get us back into the premiership by spending £5m.... just seemed a little odd.

That coupled with the bank loan comment tagged on the end of the report put us on suicide watch for a while.

Hope your not a prophet Ricky!

Duffbear wrote:My biggest concern over this whole takover is where does this leave Keith Andrews?

I tell you what that would lead to a promotion of washing JW,Big Sam's & all the important peoples cars as well as maybe wiping down Olssen's,Kalinic's & everyones boots before a game or better still point him in the direction of the Guvnor of Notts county now they have mega bucks owners we could maybe squeeze 2M out of them as The guvnor is the master of wasting money! concern over!

Oh & B.Gallagher the only statistic that stares me in the face about K.Andrews is since the beginning of this season he has been out injured.

Somehow for some reason this just doesnt sit comfortably think the immediate solution would be some sort of six month trial of try before you buy to see if this really would be a suitable idea for all concerned.

Somehow for some reason this just doesnt sit comfortably think the immediate solution would be some sort of six month trial of try before you buy to see if this really would be a suitable idea for all concerned.

Cant see how that would work, in 6 months time they could rack up enough debt to start Kentucky fried turkey then the trust come in and say well you didnt do a very good job ah well never mind.

The club has been for sale now for 2 years and no-one has come as close to buying it as the VH group, if they are good enough for the trust they are good enough for me. If there were alternatives I would like to see them but there are'nt and the trust keeping us is just a sinking ship as they dont want to put in the time, money and effort anymore.

They are obviously not everyones first choice but I believe each and every member of the trust will remember their promise to Jack and they all seem to have reached the decision to sell to the VH group so we can only hope that the new owners remain enthusiastic and sensible.

That's a stonker!

"Suitable for all concerned?" Explain how on earth this would be the case?

Cant see how that would work, in 6 months time they could rack up enough debt to start Kentucky fried turkey then the trust come in and say well you didnt do a very good job ah well never mind.

The club has been for sale now for 2 years and no-one has come as close to buying it as the VH group, if they are good enough for the trust they are good enough for me. If there were alternatives I would like to see them but there are'nt and the trust keeping us is just a sinking ship as they dont want to put in the time, money and effort anymore.

They are obviously not everyones first choice but I believe each and every member of the trust will remember their promise to Jack and they all seem to have reached the decision to sell to the VH group so we can only hope that the new owners remain enthusiastic and sensible.

The board would set the financial parameters for them to work in, and they (VH) would have to pump in the extra cash, if it didnt work out and this is all under Sam Allardyce management then the club would then undertake to pay the Indians back the money they had spent with no added interest payments attached to this.

Maybe the trial period would have to be for 12 months so that Venky's could gauge how premiership football is taking off in India and the financial opportunities this could present for them.

That's a stonker!

"Suitable for all concerned?" Explain how on earth this would be the case?

Its the conservative Indian busnessmen going into the unknown mad, mad, financial world of the English premiership, which week on week, year on year, continually having its running costs increased at a level way, way, way, above inflation.

Will this be ideal for them and will they be ideal for us? it could be a disaster especially if they thought they could reduce paying players salaries in order to make a bit of a profit at Rovers.

The board would set the financial parameters for them to work in, and they (VH) would have to pump in the extra cash, if it didnt work out and this is all under Sam Allardyce management then the club would then undertake to pay the Indians back the money they had spent with no added interest payments attached to this.

Maybe the trial period would have to be for 12 months so that Venky's could gauge how premiership football is taking off in India and the financial opportunities this could present for them.

There are so, so many things wrong with this idea that I won't even begin to tackle you on it. Which is fine, because the real world will sort that out for me.

There are so, so many things wrong with this idea that I won't even begin to tackle you on it. Which is fine, because the real world will sort that out for me.

Just a thought bluebruce, whats wrong with partnerships or short term amalgamations?

You can't sell the club and still hang on to it! We'd have to start looking for another mug! Anyway I suspect most fans want a new start and can't wait to end this uncertainty.

Action speak louder than words and all that, however I don’t think the initial comments from Venky’s has really helped them (£5 million transfer budget, doing it purely for their own brand etc).

All the initial comments did were draw amusement and ridicule from the media and non Rovers fans – best to say nothing at all sometimes.

As has been stated, it is the complete lack of understanding on football which bothers me – they will probably have to use advisers therefore more middle men will be involved in the running of our club which in turn will likely mean confusing communication lines.

Of course, at this stage, my post is speculative until further details emerge but nothing wrong with saying how you feel at this moment in time.

Yes your post is speculative------and pessimistic. If we don't sell where do we end up?

Trust the Trust------till it makes a decision!

some of us!

I quite like the idea of them using Rovers to showcase some of their talent. It could potentially mean we would attract talented players who will go on to bigger clubs when usually they would avoid the smaller teams.

Obviously if they're crap useless players then that won't help anyone but I don't see why they would want crap players to be showcased at Rovers when they wouldn't get any money for them. Hopefully it would be players who will go on to have a big future in the game.

Could be a win win for us. We get talented players for minimal amounts of money instead of risking a bid spend on someone who might or might not make it.

The Daily mail article is very short and doesn't goes into alot of detail! I am very sure that rovers would have ask the VH Group what their plans are for the club and thought they are right for the club. Also sure the group will let JW carry on has Chairman and Big Sam has manager. I don't see the point of changing the chairman when he is the best in English Football and they have to give Big Sam till the end of next season to improve the squad. He hasn't spend alot of money and I think if he could spend 10 million in January and 15 million in the summer to reshape the side to give us more flair and attacking options.

I quite like the idea of them using Rovers to showcase some of their talent. It could potentially mean we would attract talented players who will go on to bigger clubs when usually they would avoid the smaller teams.

Obviously if they're crap useless players then that won't help anyone but I don't see why they would want crap players to be showcased at Rovers when they wouldn't get any money for them. Hopefully it would be players who will go on to have a big future in the game.

Could be a win win for us. We get talented players for minimal amounts of money instead of risking a bid spend on someone who might or might not make it.

Hmmm.... so, how long does a 'showcase' last? How would this work with the current rules on numbers of players registered / in squad, transfer windows and number of clubs players can be registered with during a single season...? It's not the kind of model that I'd be comfortable having Rovers being guinea pig for, and until there is a plan in place which effectively deals with even these basic issues, I'd prefer new owners who actually do things in a conventional / traditional way.

That said, I'd also like to think Rovers would continue to punch above their weight in the Premiership for many more years, and its clear that the current set up isn't conducive to that.

Catch 22, methinks.

Archived