BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

It's hard to see how this VH bid is for the longterm benefit of Blackburn Rovers. If you want your club to become a brochure for Kentaro players and an advertising hoarding for VH support the bid. If you prefer an alternative look elsewhere. I don;t like the sound of Syed but it seems preferable to VH. If the VH bid is successful I feel we can look forward to the following scenario:

1. VH do not have enough money to own / run a football club

2. To overcome this issue some cash will be available to the club to sustain the wage bill

3. Players will be "bought," in some yet undefined manner, from Kentaro to overcome the issue we have regarding transfer funds

4. When a player's value has increased sufficiently he'll be sold to generate Kentaro's required profit, fund VH advertising / sponsorship and perhaps the wage bill

5. Any time we look like creating a good side the stars will be sold

6. Our owners will settle for mid-table as this provides the security needed to run this business

7. We can all turn up if we want, it won't make a lot of difference. You, me and 25,000 other are a complete and utter irrelevance no matter what some businessman / woman or even JW says.

I think this bid is leading the support like sheep. I wish people would think about what's happening here instead of planning hotels, railway stations and revenue streams. It is so WRONG. To be frank its getting to the point where I really don't like football anymore and I have absolutely no enthusiasm for the game today. I'll be there, for my lad, not for me.

I really hope JW and the Trust don't do this. PLEASE do not sell this club down the river to VH and Kentaro.

......and I'm not answering any "What's your plan then Paul?" responses.

The scary thing is, with this lot in charge, your model is the BEST case scenario.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't start patronising me. I was merely saying that there's no mention of the takeover in the 'physical' edition of the Mail.

You really are starting to get on my nerves, do you like winding people up? Or are you just upset that the Trust haven't come and asked you your opinion or advise on the takeover? :angry2:

Yes, how annoying Philip is.

When the future of the club is at stake, it is really annoying that people who aren't in the business of selling papers and flogging stories are scrutinising people that would hold the future of this football club in their hands.

In fact, if Philip continues to show concern for the future of Blackburn Rovers, he should be banned. He is ruining the excitement of the board members that are looking forward to a takeover by ANYBODY.

When the future of the club is at stake, it is really annoying that people who aren't in the business of selling papers and flogging stories are scrutinising people that would hold the future of this football club.

In fact, if Philip continues to show concern for the future of Blackburn Rovers, he should be banned. He is ruining the excitement of the board members that are looking forward to a takeover by ANYBODY.

You must have an agenda.

When the future of the club is at stake, it is really annoying that people who aren't in the business of selling papers and flogging stories are scrutinising people that would hold the future of this football club.

Dont be a joke. I hate that people have to be pigeon holed as soon as they make an opinion. Philip has every right to voice his concerns however his concerns are not substantiated by any evidence. He certainly wasnt concerned about Syed Ali was he????? A guy who he claimed was a billionaire yet had very little evidence to prove it. Where was the concern shown then??

No one is saying that they want Rovers to be sold to ANYBODY. I havent read one post which stated that. If the only concerns about Venky's relate to a dodgy Daily Mail article then there isnt much to worry about. The Kentaro link isnt as much a worry as needing clarification. The overall worth of Venky's is cloudy obviously and again that needs clarification. But to jump aroud and claim that the whole thing is falling apart based on so little does get annoying.

Everyone has an agenda.

BPF- I really enjoy the posts of a number of people on here who have more insight than I will ever have, however, scaremongering based on no evidence is getting tedious now. Would be nice to see some balance.

Dont be a joke. I hate that people have to be pigeon holed as soon as they make an opinion. Philip has every right to voice his concerns however his concerns are not substantiated by any evidence. He certainly wasnt concerned about Syed Ali was he????? A guy who he claimed was a billionaire yet had very little evidence to prove it. Where was the concern shown then??

No one is saying that they want Rovers to be sold to ANYBODY. I havent read one post which stated that. If the only concerns about Venky's relate to a dodgy Daily Mail article then there isnt much to worry about. The Kentaro link isnt as much a worry as needing clarification. The overall worth of Venky's is cloudy obviously and again that needs clarification. But to jump aroud and claim that the whole thing is falling apart based on so little does get annoying.

As Kamy has now confirmed, there are concerns in the club about VH. Most of these have come to light after the press release on Tuesday. You could have a whole team of people looking into a companies plans and accounts but once it goes into the public domain, the real information quickly comes to light. I hope VH put all these fears to rest but I've seen nothing that has made me want them as owners so far. They clearly have no idea what they are getting into. Although it would be nice to play in the Premier League again, one day...

I was defending Philip. An actual supporter of this team who is very legitimately concerned about the future.

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't obviously show up. I'm on your side on this. I've been criticised for trying to voice my concerns over the viability of the bid, with what I thought was reasonable evidence.

Surely the fact there are now concerns raised at a late stage is proof that the initial view on the Trust and Rothschild's seeming infallibility regarding due dilligence was perhaps misguided.

Everyone has an agenda.

BPF- I really enjoy the posts of a number of people on here who have more insight than I will ever have, however, scaremongering based on no evidence is getting tedious now. Would be nice to see some balance.

Hi Imy,

I know exactly what you mean. I appreciate that I am coming across a little one sided. However, I do feel that until VH have answered all the outstanding questions then we do need to be on our guard. They are not guests of the club, we need to be distinctly unbritish to them until they have proved all that we need to know. Taking an overly positive 'Ah well, I'm sure they'll be okay.' attitude is a very dangerous thought process at this stage.

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't obviously show up. I'm on your side on this. I've been criticised for trying to voice my concerns over the viability of the bid, with what I thought was reasonable evidence.

Surely the fact there are now concerns raised at a late stage is proof that the initial view on the Trust and Rothschild's seeming infallibility regarding due dilligence was perhaps misguided.

Sorry Balwer,

I knew that was the case, just wanted to clear it up for anyone else.

Hi Imy,

I know exactly what you mean. I appreciate that I am coming across a little one sided. However, I do feel that until VH have answered all the outstanding questions then we do need to be on our guard. They are not guests of the club, we need to be distinctly unbritish to them until they have proved all that we need to know. Taking an overly positive 'Ah well, I'm sure they'll be okay.' attitude is a very dangerous thought process at this stage.

Sorry Balwer,

And in your opinion this is what the club are doing ?

Sorry Balwer,

All good, I hope people realise that you, me, philip and the others who are taking a skeptical view will be the first to welcome VH as the owners if they can satisfy that the club will be better off under their ownership than we currently are under the Trust's. We are all fans and we all want what is best for the club. In the meantime my personal view is that it's better to err on the side of caution.

As Kamy has now confirmed, there are concerns in the club about VH. Most of these have come to light after the press release on Tuesday.

I struggle to accept, that all of a sudden the trustees aren't sure what VH stand for BPF. These plans will, IMO have been gone through well before now.

Suddenly JW and Sam might not be guaranteed a job and they've just found out about Kentaro's involvement - so the trustees aren't happy now? - I struggle with that one.

All good, I hope people realise that you, me, philip and the others who are taking a skeptical view will be the first to welcome VH as the owners if they can satisfy that the club will be better off under their ownership than we currently are under the Trust's. We are all fans and we all want what is best for the club. In the meantime my personal view is that it's better to err on the side of caution.

Exactly

Unless there is a decent sum - £10m minimum - spent in the Januery window all this amounts to 2 bald men arguing over a conb. It's clear that Venkys have no ready cash and are relying on as yet ill-defined commercial deals to generate funds for transfers next summer and beyond. I can only see Venkys taking the club under but don't share others feras about it ceasing to exist. The stadium will remain as it has no alternative use.

Not difficult to ridicule when £5m is given as the January transfer kitty. It's the firat thing fans of other clubs mention- usually with a broad smirk.

What was their reaction to the zero budget we had last January?

All good, I hope people realise that you, me, philip and the others who are taking a skeptical view will be the first to welcome VH as the owners if they can satisfy that the club will be better off under their ownership than we currently are under the Trust's.

Satisfy who? You or the Trust?

By the way, which one of Venky's is apparently a Rovers fan? With his/their "riches" has he come over to Ewood before to watch a game? Or has the interested started now.

Why do we always get spouted this rubbish - happy to be proved wrong if he is indeed a fan.

When they say fan, do they mean a supporter of Blackburn Rovers or a fan of how our club is traditional, got a good academy, work hard and punch above our weight. He probably watches the Premier League as they show a lot of games over in India so he probably knows a lot about our club, along with all the other premier league clubs.

I don't think we should think too much into it.

Archived