BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rovers seem to be happy wit vh group buying us and with the help of kentaro. PL are happy with what's gone on here. I said from the start of the takeover talks that we got to trust John Williams, rovers board, trustees to find the right owner for us.

Nicko, are John Williams and Big Sam likely to stay in their positions in the takeover happens?

What conflicting info is this then??

Iv not seen VH say anything about Kentaro so far, have you??

I thought that's what Nicko was suggesting when he said he was surprised there were suggestions otherwise. Reading it back he obviously means people outside of Rovers/Venkys. Getting it mixed up with him saying he was disappointed that venkys backtracked on earlier statements.

Bear with me, been working long hours recently!

Regardless of that, the backtracking on other topics bothers me but as Jim says some of that is the unknown factor. There's also an element of trying to reinvent the wheel about the plans which of course carries risks.

I can tell you now though Alan, I definitely do not want this to fail. Just genuinely worried for a club that I have followed all my life, as has my father, and his father (etc). If we didn't live in a world of Gillette and Hicks, the Man City turmoil and of course Portsmouth going under I'm sure there may be less biting of fingernails. It hasn't helped that the pr from VH has been poor and conflicting, depending on who they have spoken to.

I suppose you may think "deal with it" but it's a strange feeling of helplessness that the club is at the mercy of a bunch who have no connection or passion, no sentimentality and are now affiliating themselves with an agency who have been less than successful with other clubs. It's easy for you to say looking on as a none fan. And of course you are in a more informed position than the majority of us. I certainly don't think anyone should be berated for caring about their club.

As I said I shall have my fingers crossed that VH develop a genuine passion for the club as other rich owners have.

I wonder what THEIR motives are...more cash for the Trustees?...higher share price?

That's a good point, wonder if a deal has been struck yet with the minority share holder, surely that would indicate how close the deal is to completion.

The latest news in the People, is that from Sam directly.

• Backroom

Sacking Sam mid-season would be an extremely risky move - get in the wrong person and down we go. In the case of Allardyce it may be "better the devil you know" until the end of the season at least. Obviously if we're in a shocking position come January then such a move may be more viable, but I think we'll continue to be steady if not spectacular under Allardyce.

I don't want to double post but I think that this belongs here:

It really confuses me as to why people continue to ask why individuals like Philip and myself are questioning this takeover.

I'm honestly beginning to question whether you feel the same way about the club as I do.

You're willing to:

1. Have owners that know NOTHING about football.

2. A TOTALLY uncertain future (regardless of what people say, we won't go down this season and the Trustees would make money available if needed..)

3. Renaming of the stadium

4. The removal of everything that is Blackburn Rovers.

5. Operate purely for the purpose of advertising.

6. Have Blackburn Rovers used in anyway that VH see fit to enhance their bank balance.

For FIVE MILLION pounds in January. I have it on very good authority that this was the amount the Trustees were going to release in January anyway!

To be changing the way the club operates, I want to see a little more on offer.

Involvement with Kentaro is dangerous, make no mistake about it. It amused me that Roberto mentioned 'Surely Kentaro will just be offering your club players.' Once VH get their hands on this club, they will be the only ones between Kentaro and the first team. This is too scary to contemplate. They have already showed what they can do at City! If it wasn't for them being extremely fortunate they would be sharing a position with Portsmouth now.

I was sat at Ewood today looking up at the prospective new owners and all I felt was depressed. A family, small town and loved club is about to become a living and breathing advertisement for battery chicken farming. I'm over the moon about that.

An open question to the board (Chaddy in particular):

Why are you looking forward to this deal being completed?

It really confuses me as to why people continue to ask why individuals like Philip and myself are questioning this takeover.

I'm honestly beginning to question whether you feel the same way about the club as I do.

You're willing to:

2. A TOTALLY uncertain future (regardless of what people say, we won't go down this season and the Trustees would make money available if needed..)

6. Have Blackburn Rovers used in anyway that VH see fit to enhance their bank balance.

For FIVE MILLION pounds in January. I have it on very good authority that this was the amount the Trustees were going to release in January anyway!

Involvement with Kentaro is dangerous, make no mistake about it. It amused me that Roberto mentioned 'Surely Kentaro will just be offering your club players.' Once VH get their hands on this club, they will be the only ones between Kentaro and the first team. This is too scary to contemplate. They have already showed what they can do at City! If it wasn't for them being extremely fortunate they would be sharing a position with Portsmouth now.

I was sat at Ewood today looking up at the prospective new owners and all I felt was depressed. A family, small town and loved club is about to become a living and breathing advertisement for battery chicken farming. I'm over the moon about that.

All these objections applieds the minute the club was put up for sale, but I don't recall you making them then.

1) Owners never know anything about football, apart from Dave Whelan. How much does Abramovich know? Mansour? Jack Walker owned a steel business and Bill Fox ran a fruit and veg business, so what's the problem with a chicken business?

2) The uncertainty is caused by the Trust selling, not whoever does the buying

3) Renaming has always been an option. We're broke, remember

4) Eh?

5) Were you happier when we sported the inspiring Bet24 logo? Ah...the good old days.

6) That's what owners do.

1. Owners shouldn't get too involved in footballing matters other than funding the business. They hire people to take care of what they don't know about football.

2. I'd rather have an uncertain future with new owners than a certainty that we are gradually going down with the trust.

3. Who cares? It will always be Ewood Park until we build a new one.

4. How's that?

5. As long as we are taken well care of in the process I don't see a problem here.

6. Speculative.

That's taken from one of nicko's stories in the mirror, where he actually didn't say we're after SWP - just that he's a Kentaro client.

You're willing to:

1. Have owners that know NOTHING about football.Do you know the owners?? I have it on good authority they know more about football then you think and more about Rovers as well.

2. A TOTALLY uncertain future (regardless of what people say, we won't go down this season and the Trustees would make money available if needed..)well it is a takeover.. change is always uncertain its how quickly all fans adapt to it.

3. Renaming of the stadium If they are investing money into the club anyone would be looking at ways to get some back.

4. The removal of everything that is Blackburn Rovers.Again did they tell you that?

5. Operate purely for the purpose of advertising. Yes they are looking to grow their business how is that a bad thing?

For FIVE MILLION pounds in January. I have it on very good authority that this was the amount the Trustees were going to release in January anyway! Again taken completely out of context She also said more if needed, I doubt the trust would have released more if needed. And also would you rather her say we will invest 100 million in January and when we go to sign a player their club quotes us 50 million because we have money. I think that announcement is very smart actually if you read between the lines you can see it was not JUST 5 million that was going to be invested, rather whatever Sam or whoever is manager feels he needs.

Im not having a go at you at all im just trying to highlight some points being made without any facts behind them. I do have some links to these people(I did mention Balajis name as being the head football person first about 2 weeks ago) and I can tell you half of what you are writing is nonsense.

Im not having a go at you at all im just trying to highlight some points being made without any facts behind them. I do have some links to these people(I did mention Balajis name as being the head football person first about 2 weeks ago) and I can tell you half of what you are writing is nonsense.

Interesting replies :)

Well I have to say if they have proved themselves to the Trustees & the EPL then that is good for me obviously still awaiting prem. Lge clearance Nicko if this group do takeover although they say Sam will have final say on transfers are you sure they won't be able to sell of our best players over Sam's head?. Is this what you mean by this group will have a more hands-on role?. Can you also confirm if this will likely done before the next Wigan game?. Any idea if they get rid of Sam who they are thinking of getting in?.

For those like me who are in the dark,which half would that be???

You're willing to:

I can't speak for anyone else but the reason I've criticised Philip,not you as I recall, is that you peddle hype masquerading as fact. Moreover you think your input should have special consideration because you say you have inside knowledge and in Philip's case implied inside knowledge plus financial expertise, experience and acumen. Yet mysteriously, you get it all wrong. Your points 1 to 6 are presented as fact whereas they are actually your overblown opinions. And they are ludicrously simplistic.

Why am I looking forward to a takeover (one approved by the Trust by the way) is that I want to see an end to the uncertainty and the selling off of the club's assets without adequate replacement. I don't want to see another summer transfer window where little or no money is available even though everyone knows we needed strengthening in key areas. I love the club at least as much as you and resent the implication that you and Philip care about Rovers and someone like me doesn't.

Weren't you the one who kept giving us updates that it was all going to be very exciting , it was all happening and soon and we should just be patient? Or was that someone else?

Anyway i've fed up with all the delays and sliding down the table, I'm looking onward and upward. And don't tell me my opinion isn't worth at least as much as your's.

The two are working together. I think you saw that by the very public appearance today.

Surprised people should have been trying to claim otherwise last week after the original story came out.

I don't know if that was a steer within the club for some reason or just the usual follow-up denial mode that some have the unfortunate habit of slipping into.

They probably needed to play down Kentaro involvement so as not to panic the Premier League n this one.

I don't think VH see any conflict in working with people who can give them football advice.

The only people seeing a conflict are those who want to see this fail...and have been pro-Syed since the start of his move.

I wonder what THEIR motives are...more cash for the Trustees?...higher share price?

Who knows?

VH and Kentaro can't think they have anything to hide. They could hardly have been more public in their arrival together today.

This follows both groups being in the talks and then seeing the Premier League.

So the Trustees, the club and the football authorities seem ok with everything.

I would love to know what the problem is.

Very interesting post.

This clearly implies that Venkys Kentaro is NOT the best deal for the Trustees financially.

But were they not in the meeting together? How does that not set off alarm bells?

It remains the case that

1) we only have nicko's account of this meeting- the man who has only spoken to Kentaro people twice and that was over ten years ago

2) the versions of this arrangement are strikingly different if you compare and contrast what Mrs Dessai says and what nicko says.

3) we have seen no pictures of these people being at Anfield last week

4) we have seen no pictures of Venkys Kentaro and Rovers Directors or John Williams in the same frame at Ewood yesterday.

If Kentaro were at the Premier League meeting on Directors and Owners, presumably that means they are going to have either an ownership stake in Rovers or are going to be Directors....

So trust the Trust eh?

But nicko says that clauses are a fantasy so surely the Trust will sell to the highest bidder in that case.

It remains the case that

1) we only have nicko's account of this meeting- the man who has only spoken to Kentaro people twice and that was over ten years ago

2) the versions of this arrangement are strikingly different if you compare and contrast what Mrs Dessai says and what nicko says.

3) we have seen no pictures of these people being at Anfield last week

4) we have seen no pictures of Venkys Kentaro and Rovers Directors or John Williams in the same frame at Ewood yesterday.

If Kentaro were at the Premier League meeting on Directors and Owners, presumably that means they are going to have either an ownership stake in Rovers or are going to be Directors....

But nicko says that clauses are a fantasy so surely the Trust will sell to the highest bidder in that case.

Will they? I always thought you had more faith in them!

Anyway you've got a nerve talking about clauses. I've asked you time and time again about your statements on the contents of the Trust and you have always avoided answering. The only consistency you've ever shown by the way!

Archived