BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

I am sure anybody who has a bridging loan will be delighted to have been told they have no debt and that by extension the collateral obligatons on the terms of the loan cannot be enforced if the worst happens.

I had a bridging loan, I had the cash tied up for six months and couldnt get at it, it covered the loan tenfold, so I was in debt?

The bridging loan was secured on my own cash!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that we're at home against Chelsea, have just lost a Rovers legend and are likely to have significant press interest about who is or isn't here from Venkys - you would assume that by 7pm tonight things should be a little clearer.

Why not cut out the bickering till later and save our voices for Ronnie Clayton & Jack Walker as it may be the end of an era.

I am sure anybody who has a bridging loan will be delighted to have been told they have no debt and that by extension the collateral obligatons on the terms of the loan cannot be enforced if the worst happens.

That's a tiny part of the whole story and you have NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that there is any plan for a bridging loan.

If the Trust sell to VH for 46M that's because they accept VH can pay it. That'll do me-----consistency you see.

I note that once again you refuse to answer my question about the terms of the Trust Settlement. You had no idea when you posted on Oct 9 that the Trust precluded a leveraged sale whether that was true or not. You made it up.

You can't believe your own words anymore because you have gone on about a debt sale for days to discredit the VH bid.

Motive?------Nicko is right--you don't want people to realise you are full of little other than hot air and guesswork.

Given that we're at home against Chelsea, have just lost a Rovers legend and are likely to have significant press interest about who is or isn't here from Venkys - you would assume that by 7pm tonight things should be a little clearer.

Why not cut out the bickering till later and save our voices for Ronnie Clayton & Jack Walker as it may be the end of an era.

Hear, hear! Seconded.

:rover:

I think we are always going to find that until the question of where the funds are coming from is confirmed by someone we the fans trust implicitly there will always be doubts. When I hear it from JW's mouth that they have not borrowed a penny to buy us I will be 100%.

Now whilst others on here may not have the intimate knowledge and connections that Nicko obviously does they have one thing here that he doesn't "love". Its not a cock contest for us, its about our future, our lives and our passion which will all be effected should this takeover go pear shaped, for others its about the scoop, the money and maintaining the links you have within the world of football for that to continue. Because I have "love" invested I will always initially get excited when someone says £300 million, when someone says "We've been sold to billionaire chicken farmers" and my posts will reflect that because I am emotionally invested in this. But once that initial euphoria subsides, curiosity sets in and questions start to formulate and consequently get asked. When the answers come back the picture changes as does my opinion and outlook. I am highly sceptical about this deal, there are too many questions that need answering. Now whilst I do "trust the trust" as I have said we are all fallible and as a man who deals in "best guess" (which is what science is) I will always have many questions. Even when those questions have been answered I will still have doubts as even the best scientific assumptions can eventually be proven wrong when more information comes along.

So consequently I have some questions and assumptions.

I'm grateful and I'm sure most are that Nicko the Kentaro aspect, especially since it seems to have been given little press by anyone else. I would however like to ask where most of the info comes from? I struggle to believe that the majority of it comes from "a mole" within the club itself and suspect that quite a lot of the info especially regarding transfers comes from agents. A very rosey picture of kentaro has so far been painted with them bringing in top young talent and some of there star players to aid our cause. However I have one or two friends who paint a a very different picture. Hughesy said he spoken to a scout, I do not doubt this but the reply posted is the typical I do not want to criticise someone who could eventually benefit me response that you get within football. "they try and get the best deal for a player", well I read that and with my lowly experience within the world see something different. This has also been confirmed to me by others who have much more experience than me within the footballing world as well. So far to date I have been told he is a "conman" "he will screw every penny he can out of you" "shizter", He will run a mock if he is allowed to as he's like a magpie in his pursuit of shiney things. Now we've been linked to a couple of players since all Kentaro players so far who don't get me wrong would most likely benefit our squad, but what else will follow? I've been told that Kentaro will push anything and everything our way if they can.

The part about casualties at the top has me very worried as well and its not the Sam part. When I sit and consider JW, someone who I have a lot of time for and laud in the main for his running of the club. I worry at the thought of him leaving especially when I consider what I have been told. JW is the one man I trust to ensure we do not become Pompey MKII (again something people have hinted towards), his financial prudence has served us well and ensured that we have in the main been able to trade. Now if I was a man who was interested in making as much money (with a direct line to the owners) from Rovers as possible through my players I know exactly who my main target would be, JW as I know he will fight tooth and nail to get the best for the club, not for the agent/player. He has the experience and knowledge to know when he being taken for a ride. Any takeover that occurs that results in his removal will have me thinking Pompey MKII, but alas only time will tell that true.

Now because Nicko broke the story and especially given the Kentaro part and the consequent Kentaro players, I'm going to make a stab. I think Nicko and Mr Anderson get on, that he supplies Nicko with lots of info for your stories and in return Nicko prints "favourable" reports as and when he needs them to benefit himself and his players? Could that be the case here?

This is where you get your information from??? You have no more info then any other poster on this website and yet you're coming on here and claiming that everything is falling apart in Venky's case or going fantastically well in Syed's. You pick and choose what you want to believe without any actual knowledge or inside information.

• Backroom

Ok calm down people.. this is quickly degenerating into an argument not a discussion.

We all have our take on things, and are entitled to our opinions - just because others differ from yours, don't start berating them for it.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but a general comment.

So basically you have "warmed to Mrs Desai" and feel "we are in safe hands with her" but then you're not? Same old.......

Again, I am not sure if Philip is totally correct, but he puts forward a reasonable argument.

Again, I think, you just make an inappropriate comment about Philip.

This is where you get your information from??? You have no more info then any other poster on this website and yet you're coming on here and claiming that everything is falling apart in Venky's case or going fantastically well in Syed's. You pick and choose what you want to believe without any actual knowledge or inside information.

MMLP, Have you ever been to an auction?

Situations change in a matter of seconds.

Where one person may look to have the edge one moment, they are on the backfoot the next.

To my eyes, that's what's happening here.

I don't discount Philip's comments, neither do I discount the comments of Nicko, or anyone else who "claims" to be in the know.

When it happens, it happens, until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Christ on a bicycle. This thread is ridiculous.

People getting their knickers in a twist over matters that are well beyond their control or full understanding to the point of paranoia and borderline insanity.

If we don't sell, the Trust continue to treat us like the smelly, thick kid in the class and allow us to drop into the mediocre mire of the Football League.

If we sell to Syed, he blows a ton of money, we end up looking like a crap Man City. WGA makes a few bad investments, all his cash is gone. We end up like Portsmouth.

At least VH are a well established company making a steady profit. They may not be minted, but they won't disappear overnight. Having debt wiped out and being topped up when needed is much better than either of the other two options. Plus if Kentaro are going to throw a few wonderkids our way on 2-3 year deals, then why not? It's what we're used to - having a good player for a season or two before they move on (Bentley, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Duff etc.).

The second coming of Jack Walker won't happen. Not even if phillipl wins a quadruple rollover on the EuroMillions. We've got to move on and face the fact that chicken farmers are the most financially stable group that is daft enough to buy us, a team known for its inability to turn a profit.

I suggest everybody gets a brew, calms down a bit, then gets ready. We've got a game today.

Now because Nicko broke the story and especially given the Kentaro part and the consequent Kentaro players, I'm going to make a stab. I think Nicko and Mr Anderson get on, that he supplies Nicko with lots of info for your stories and in return Nicko prints "favourable" reports as and when he needs them to benefit himself and his players? Could that be the case here?

What part of 'I have spoken to Jerome Anderson once a few years ago and found him unhelpful' did you fail to grasp?

Always dangerous to put 2 and 2 together.

But nicko now says VH have to source the money and the Mail and the Telegraph say there are late doubts about the deal...

My position on Syed has always been a simple one. He has the most money and is able to write off £300m if he wants to.

By way of contrast a £300m hit to Venkys Kentaro would probably bankrupt them.

I'm sorry but one of the problems with Syed was whether he actually had the money or not. One set of ropey accounts on a website with a mythical billion from nowhere in it does not a billionaire make.

I was very cynical about Syed - still am - and I'm cynical about this new lot too. At least one of us is consistent on here

This is Kamy, sorry that I am using the News Bunny Account to post, but after reading what has been put on this thread over the last 24 hours all I can say Wowzers!

First of all I think that everyone needs to take a “chill pill” because no matter what we say on here, we are not going to affect the decision on who the club sell to. ONLY Rovers and their representatives are in full possession of all the facts.

However, there does appear to be a little concern at the Club that since the announcement on Tuesday that the links between VH and Kentaro are not as clear as previously thought by the club and concern at the club that the futures of Big Sam and John Williams could be under review if VH takeover, again this was previously not thought to be case by Rovers. These concerns will be discussed between Rovers and VH representatives, in the same professional manner that all other discussion have taken place over the last few weeks. At this stage there is nothing to suggest that the deal is about to collapse, but these concerns will need to be addressed.

In the end I go back to my default position that I trust the trust and the Rovers board to make the right decision, they will want to secure the long term future of the club. I will admit though that if John Williams was to leave then that would set alarm bells ringing for me, as would any involvement of Jerome Anderson with our club, I have not heard anything positive about this guy or the way he operates.

So let’s stop the bickering eh, today paying respect to Ronnie Clayton and Rovers trying to get something against a very good Chelsea side are far more important than takeover talk.

What the hell has it got to do with the trust who VH keep on the payroll after they have sold. What utter crap, they want to sell us but still have a say in how the club is run afterwards.

They really get my back up, nothing against JW but why should he be gaurenteed a cheque on the new payroll. And as for Sam, theres another thread fir that one.......

This is Kamy, sorry that I am using the News Bunny Account to post, but after reading what has been put on this thread over the last 24 hours all I can say Wowzers!

First of all I think that everyone needs to take a “chill pill” because no matter what we say on here, we are not going to affect the decision on who the club sell to. ONLY Rovers and their representatives are in full possession of all the facts.

However, there does appear to be a little concern at the Club that since the announcement on Tuesday that the links between VH and Kentaro are not as clear as previously thought by the club and concern at the club that the futures of Big Sam and John Williams could be under review if VH takeover, again this was previously not thought to be case by Rovers. These concerns will be discussed between Rovers and VH representatives, in the same professional manner that all other discussion have taken place over the last few weeks. At this stage there is nothing to suggest that the deal is about to collapse, but these concerns will need to be addressed.

In the end I go back to my default position that I trust the trust and the Rovers board to make the right decision, they will want to secure the long term future of the club. I will admit though that if John Williams was to leave then that would set alarm bells ringing for me, as would any involvement of Jerome Anderson with our club, I have not heard anything positive about this guy or the way he operates.

So let’s stop the bickering eh, today paying respect to Ronnie Clayton and Rovers trying to get something against a very good Chelsea side are far more important than takeover talk.

I totally with that. I think that VH Group must keep John Williams has Chairman and Big Sam has Manager. Hope they are talking right now hopefully about rovers concerns at ewood park before the game.

And there's me thinking this was the "Takeover" thread???

People are right to be concerned about THEIR football club and if this deal does not look right then they can say so. Unfortunately they won't be the one's making the final decision and certainly won't be able to influence who stays in charge, how much money will be available,which players we will end up with and which league we will ultimately be playing in.

Let's just hope that the Trust know what they are doing as once they relinquish control it will be too late.

However, there does appear to be a little concern at the Club that since the announcement on Tuesday that the links between VH and Kentaro are not as clear as previously thought by the club and concern at the club that the futures of Big Sam and John Williams could be under review if VH takeover,

Kamy, there's no way anyone at the club will be sure of their job. How could any buyer promise this? If Sam doesn't perform, he'll go, and so he should. Some buyer might come in and say JW's position is safe, but they couldn't guarantee that for any specific length of time.

Same with Kentaro, VH will eventually do whatever they want. This can't be controlled for any length of time.

Any new buyer will do whatever they want on the employee front.

What the hell has it got to do with the trust who VH keep on the payroll after they have sold. What utter crap, they want to sell us but still have a say in how the club is run afterwards.

They really get my back up, nothing against JW but why should he be gaurenteed a cheque on the new payroll. And as for Sam, theres another thread fir that one.......

John williams is not infallible but he is one of the most respected Chairmen around. He does listen to fans, does try, within the limits of what's possible , to back managers and whenever I've met him, I've found him to be genuine and have Rovers interests at heart. Any takeover that gets rid of him almost immediately it happens would appear in my eyes - and this is just my opinion - to be wrong. The guy knows Rovers and his experience would be invaluable to a group who do not know much about football. It may be that in a year or two the group would look to replace him if everything is going well for them, but until then, I'd like to see him keep his job. The manager is another issue but I don't see why you'd want to rock the boat immediately on that either.

If I purchase a house and then have plans to extend the kitchen or knock down a wall in the living room, why do I need permission from the previous owner?

JW has done a sterling job as has Sam BUT their futures (as well as anyone elses) are up to the current owners, whether that is the Trust or VH Group.

Still think that this is a minor hiccup and will be resolved by next Thursday.

I agree gumboots, however there is no mention on time frames. No suggestion either will be sacked with immediate effect once the club us sold.

I have no issue with JW, but fail to see why the trust would make him being relieved of his duties a deal breaker given their desire to sell. It appears they are fine with rebranding ewood, but sack JW and the deal is off? It's another pathetic twist in this already pathetic saga.

I better stop using the News Bunny account to make posts so last one.

You are all entirely right, once the purchase is complete the owners have every right to do whatever they want in terms of who stays and who goes, however in the converse the Trust also have every right in selling the club on terms which are acceptable to them.

As I said earlier, there is NOTHING to suggests that the takeover is going to collapse, these are concerns/issues which have arisen/weren't clarified previously. So they are going to be discussed, and surely it is better to get these things sorted out before the takeover.

Very good points Paul and my fears too,far too much outside involvement with this VH deal....too many Chiefs!

I have since day one got the impression this deal is all about the best interests of VH and Kentaro with Rovers coming a very poor third.....I'm sorry but this will not do under any circumstances! :angry2:

People can promise the earth to curry favour but deliver nothing....I fear this is what we are walking straight into,with eyes seemingly blindfolded.

Only a super rich, Genuine, life long Rovers supporter buying the club, would put the club first. Anybody else would have a buisness motive. They would put their own interest first. So VH and Kentaro would only do what any other investor / owner would do. They would use there own resources to do the best for the club, in order to eventually get somethig out for themselves.

At the moment the trustees are doing hardly anything for the club. They are no longer funding the club. Which could therefore result in relegation. So we have to accept that the current situation will not do the club any good in the long run. The trust want to sell.

No super rich rovers supporter has come along wanting to buy the club.

So that leaves a private investor who will want to buy the club in order to eventually get something out of it. It has often been said on here that it is not possible for any investor to make money out of Rovers.

But now VH and Kentaro (love or hate them) have come up with a plan that could make them and Rovers some money, a better playing squad, therefore success on the pitch. The latter brings it own rewards.

I suggest we all should wait and see what the details of this plan is - before dismissing it. The roles of each party. In the next few days a lot of things will be talked about and thrashed out. We may find that VH are going to be the funders, with the football contacts of Kentaro. Leaving the manager and JW to run the club. Maybe we have also missunderstood what VH mean by a hands on approach. Maybe it just means that they are really committed to what they are doing. Yes they will get a lot of advertisement owning Rovers. But if they are willing to fund the club and they get this out of doing so, so be it in my view.

I think one or two questions will be asked and answered over this weekend.

I agree gumboots, however there is no mention on time frames. No suggestion either will be sacked with immediate effect once the club us sold.

I have no issue with JW, but fail to see why the trust would make him being relieved of his duties a deal breaker given their desire to sell. It appears they are fine with rebranding ewood, but sack JW and the deal is off? It's another pathetic twist in this already pathetic saga.

to be honest I'm not a fan of renaming Ewood either. I understand why clubs do it but in the majority of cases, it sounds ridiculous. Like when York renamed their ground Kitkat Crescent. Sounded like something out of Cabaret! They have, fortunately, now gone back to calling it Bootham Crescent

Archived