BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Indian Barry White and his brother where definitely at Ewood today. What that means I don't know...

The one time the camera showed them, they didn't appear to be watching the game. Some bloke next to the chubby one (white guy, possibly one of Kentaro's people?) was saying stuff in his ear that he was paying attention to, and the other brother was checking his phone.

Yep they were there but unless they switched seats (or had doppelgangers and it was them I could see pre match), they left before the end.

Perhaps they were trying to miss the post-match rush :blush:

Exactly right, seemed largely disinterested and left around the 60th minute.

Good job they didn't attend the Sunderland game then...

Did anyone hear Radio Rovers? Someone texted in saying something about him being a Rovers' shareholder and someone has just come in today with an offer or something, didn't hear it properly. Did anyone else?

What was their reaction to the zero budget we had last January?

Satisfy who? You or the Trust?

Since I don't have to sign off on the deal then clearly the Trust, I thought that was implied. That has been their unofficial view all along apparently, that they would sell to someone who would be better for the club than they can be. The cynical would suggest that anyone would be better than the Trust is, but that's a different topic.

Exactly right, seemed largely disinterested and left around the 60th minute.

Good job they didn't attend the Sunderland game then...

Did anyone hear Radio Rovers? Someone texted in saying something about him being a Rovers' shareholder and someone has just come in today with an offer or something, didn't hear it properly. Did anyone else?

60th minute! Oh dear. Didn't realise they left quite that early, I got too into the match to notice. Someone else nudged me and said they'd gone and when I looked their seats were empty.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Didn't hear about that on RR as the signal was getting fuzzy as we were further away from the ground. I did hear something about a shareholder but couldn't make out what it was about.

More u-turns on this thread than in the lib-dem manifesto

Some of us got some serious stick on here for voicing concerns about Syed. Now some of the "Syed" people are voicing concerns about the new lot and that's alright. Where was the concern about Syed?

Unfortunately, and I hope I'm wrong, I suspect that this will end in tears whichever takes us over. I think the cultural difference between a traditional Indian company and a Premier League club will be irreconcilable

I'm pleased that they were at the game. Hope they like the game and see that we are short a proven goalscorer and a playmaker midfield short of being a top 8 team. Not bother about what they said on soccer saturday.

With their clear and obviously vast football knowledge Chaddy, I fail to see how this won't have been the first thing that they noticed.

More u-turns on this thread than in the lib-dem manifesto

Some of us got some serious stick on here for voicing concerns about Syed. Now some of the "Syed" people are voicing concerns about the new lot and that's alright. Where was the concern about Syed?

Unfortunately, and I hope I'm wrong, I suspect that this will end in tears whichever takes us over. I think the cultural difference between a traditional Indian company and a Premier League club will be irreconcilable

Your first point is spot on. Some posters are coming on voicing their concerns over this takeover when they were the ones who were ready to parade Syed through the streets when we had far more doubts surrounding him. They're now calling other people's judgement into question due to most people not being terribly worried about Venkys.

There were the two Rao brothers and the two main movers from Kentaro at the game.

They left after 75 minutes.

Balraji Rao is the big lad with a ponytail to put David Seaman to shame. His brother was also there.

The Kentaro two were Philippe Huber, the head boy, and Jerome Anderson.

All sat together on the second row back and seemed to be glad-handing everyone around.

No suggestion anywhere of the deal stumbling. Most people expect this to be done very shortly.

I'm sure that the brothers are football fans from what i read in the LT. BPF, why are you against this takeover by this group? do you favour Syed or Shah bid?

There has been some reference to them being "sports fans"-and have been involved in working with/sponsoring cricket and football. I just can't remember where I read it.

Archived