BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Away Tickets

AndyNeil

As i see the 45,000 long throw in by Gamst over the last 2 season, a question pops into my mind. Has Samba actually ever won the first header from one of these "percentage" long throws?

I think we have scored 1 league goal from a long throw and maybe a few against lower league opposition in the cups?(I remember one against Norwich this season).

Very frustrating as they obviously don't work, yet we keep trying them. For someone that his into his statistics surely Sam can see it's flogging a dead horse?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Whose this prick of a commentator who has been slating us left right and center. "I dont like to watch Blackburn". He is completely against us.

Well, lets face it.. we're not exactly brilliant to watch are we ???

Whose this prick of a commentator who has been slating us left right and center. "I dont like to watch Blackburn". He is completely against us.

We put a nice move together just after he said that.

Muppet

They generally are, most commentators look down on us these days. No one likes Sam's football as a spectacle, but we never get credit when we do actually play football. Sam will never be England manager, no one can stand to watch his football, even if it has been decent at times lately.

Awful match so far though. Hope we play some more football second half.

• Backroom

Commentators are supposed to be NEUTRAL though.

Commentators haven't been neutral for ages.. they ALWAYS favour one side or the other, you listen to any game these days and thats usually the case

We controlled the last 20 minutes and should have scored cause we were decent when we PLAYED ON THE GROUND.

Olsson has made a huge difference going forward! I dont know if he dived or not, but he went down too easily. Had the goal ahead of him, Holden held his hand, but it was too soft.

Much better towards the end of the first half, it's taken us a while to find our groove, but Olsson supporting Diouf more on the left flank has made us look a lot more promising on the attack. We need to go in the second half and continue in that fashion now.

I think Clattenberg has got all the big decisions right so far. Yellow cards for Knight and Jones were spot on and the Olsson penalty looked like the right decision.

I agree on that, although Holden was a bit lucky to not get a yellow early on. Olsson's wasn't a penalty, but it wasn't a dive either (unlike a certain game last year) so no yellow for him.

If we play like we did in the second half of that half then we're every chance of a result here, Olsson and Diouf linking up well and looking strong at the back.

H/T 0-0

God... that was a drag. We don't have ideas going forward, Diouf has been below-par and Pedersen's leaving us with floaters again. On the plus side, Bolton have created next to nothing themselves, but we've got to be switched on after the break and hopefully bring on some attacking options in the second half.

What is Olssen playing at? Lucky not to be booked.

Open play it's good stuff, just a shame about those shocking floated balls into the box we're playing again. We're also too bunched up on the left hand side. I still think Olssen's a promising left back who can make great runs forward rather than an out and out winger.

Bright is a knob of the highest order. Wasn't it his Crystal Palace team that used to lump the ball upfield and out of play after every centre?

Yep, and the full quote was "Blackburn are an unfashionable club. I don't like watching them. They're crude".

Well if you don't like watching us you idiot, do us a favor and don't.

Really surreal that this guy is actually getting paid for this.

• Backroom

A very ugly first half.

We've been very, very average so far. No players really standing out. EHD has been particularly bad, Givet not much better. Olsson's shown glimpses of talent but goes down far too easily. Thus far our set-pieces have been ineffectual, unsure of whether we're just not doing a good job at them or Bolton are just defending them well.

The good news is Bolton have been far worse than us. They're constantly conceding possession and have been drawn in to playing long-ball. Knight especially looks woeful.They've only looked threatening when we've given away free kicks in dangerous areas. Unfortunately, for all Bolton's deficiencies we don't have the quality to punish them. When we break and it comes to EHD it's like he's running in slow motion, and the chance quickly comes to a halt. Otherwise we're just aiming for set-pieces and crosses, neither of which have been remotely effective.

If the game stays as it is we could sneak a 1-0 through a scrappy goal. I imagine Bolton will come out more fired-up in the second half, though, because as the home team they were rubbish.

To say it's supposed to be something of a clash of playing styles, if anyone has looked like the 'footballing' side, it's certainly not Bolton.

We've done well and looked most likely to score, though we just need to make sure that we get more bodies forward when we attack.

Defensively, we look fantastic, so credit to Big Sam for the way he's set his defence up today - and of course the players for how they've done.

Agree that Battenburg has got all of the big decisions right - with the possible exception of not booking Olsson for the blatent dive.

Archived