Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

There was someone called Paul from Bolton on Radio Lancs an hour ago who said the same about being glad when Allardyce lost out and Ince came 3 years ago. I just wondered after admitting that his judgement is so horribly flawed why on earth Radio Lancs gave him any air time at all.

I heard that fool as well, probably the sort who is now backing Paul Ince at 16/1 on Ladbrokes !!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so its a big shock. We were in safe hands with Sam, that much is true. My main concern is how quickly this has happened, and how its completely anti John Williams usual style. It suggests that our Chairman no longer has any clout at our football club. Losing him would be a real blow. Sam is replaceable, I'm not sure what we our club would look like without JW.

Having said all of this, I'm excited. Atleast something is happening at our football club. Sam would have kept us comfortably between 17th and 10th. But what's the point in that? Our club finally has the cards to be able to twist, so lets give it a go. Its easy to look at Portsmouth et al and say this could ruin us, but Portsmouth also had a day out at Wembley, and won the FA Cup. I would be willing to risk some bad times in order to have a few good times like that.

Up until now, since promotion, we've been the very definition of Premier League mediocrity. Hence the contempt some of our fans feel. It looks like we're now in for a bit of a ride. I might even take my belt off.

Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Any of the following look familiar???

Newcastle have ended Sam Allardyce's managerial reign after eight months. The club, currently 11th in the Premier League.

Allardyce, who was in charge for 24 games, said: "I'm disappointed but I wish them all the best for the future. It was a shock, I didn't expect it."

Earlier on Wednesday, Allardyce had attended a news conference ahead of that game but gave no hint that his time at the club might be coming to an end.

Indeed, the 53-year-old had discussed his plans for the January transfer window and, ironically, spoke about the lack of time afforded to Premier League managers in the modern-day game.

However, shortly afterwards, Newcastle announced news of his departure with a statement on their official website.

He was quickly working under a new regime at St James' Park after billionaire Mike Ashley completed his takeover, and long-standing chairman Freddy Shepherd left the club.

Anyone remember what happened after this? It's hard not to feel nervous about our future. Very uncetain times.

Only Newcastle bounced back after relegation...

They need to get someone in by 31st of this month as we want to spend the window player searching not manager...

If they spend the whole window looking for a manager and have no knew players brought in then it would of been a pointless excersize sacking fat Sam...

They need to get someone in by 31st of this month as we want to spend the window player searching not manager...

If they spend the whole window looking for a manager and have no knew players brought in then it would of been a pointless excersize sacking fat Sam...

Not a big problem for the Rao boys - they going to be choosing both manager and players anyway.

I think you'll find our resident hack saw it coming weeks ago and posted to that effect, but thought Sam had won the argument.

But it's pretty obvious from the two bits of evidence, (i) from SSN and (ii) from the fact it's come just as our transfer list that this has been done over transfers. You're just ignoring it though and making stuff up, claiming its about tactics when you have absolutely NOTHING to back that up. Just like your assertion that people who go to Rovers support this decision when as shown on here the majority of them don't.

I can’t decide if you’re on the wind up or not TGM, but I’ll play along for now.

You talk about evidence:

1) SSN reporters man on the inside (Hearsay)

2) "The fact it's come just as our transfer list, that this has been done over transfers window" (So what)

That’s not evidence, getting hammered at Old Trafford, terrible displays at Spurs, Stoke and Liverpool, not beating 10 man Bolton and many more. – THAT’S EVIDENCE.

As for people not sharing the view that the footballs terrible because posters on the messageboard don’t, do you have any idea what percentage post on this site?

You’re making a fool of yourself TGM.

I can’t decide if you’re on the wind up or not TGM, but I’ll play along for now.

You talk about evidence:

1) SSN reporters man on the inside (Hearsay)

2) "The fact it's come just as our transfer list, that this has been done over transfers window" (So what)

That’s not evidence, getting hammered at Old Trafford, terrible displays at Spurs, Stoke and Liverpool, not beating 10 man Bolton and many more. – THAT’S EVIDENCE.

As for people not sharing the view that the footballs terrible because posters on the messageboard don’t, do you have any idea what percentage post on this site?

You’re making a fool of yourself TGM.

Interesting you say that. Everytime my wife and I come up to Rovers - she does not visit to this site - when I get into conversations with Rovers supporters and ask if they come on or are members of this site they always say no. It appears that nobody who works in the shop have anybody on this site either.

Would be nice to meet with some from here during the time we are up during christmas.

I reckon Venky's will already have their man lined up and act swiftly. The sacking of Neil McDonald would also back this up.

Great, we've got ourselves a couple of yah hoo owners. I thought it could only be a good thing when our new owner came out onto the pitch sporting a pony tail and handle bar tash, but this decision has me worred. The owners clearly have no qualms about sacking a manager, and that spells danger to me.

Allardyce saved us from relegation and put us on a stable footing, and the club was progressing well. God knows who we'll get now, but it won't be the likes of Jol or O'Neill. I'm not sure who they think we'll get with no money to spend.

I reckon Venky's will already have their man lined up and act swiftly. The sacking of Neil McDonald would also back this up.

Exactly. And as the assistants of Martin Jol were sacked alongside him at Ajax, that makes sense. Although Nicko is talking about a 'big figure'. Chris Samba's dad?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........so what now? Not supporting the sacking of Big Sam, but I've got to say I'm still very very curious/excited/worried about things to come. To comfort me, I would like a tip on who to put my house on for new manager, so:

nicko

BPF

philip (so I know who not to bet on) :P :P

please pm me :)

Archived