[Archived] BIG SAM GONE

Hughesy

503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

What are you on about?!

We have people who are in the know saying from weeks ago that a similar collision could well happen, SSN reporting the same has happened today coincidentally around the same time we get a bunch of transfer targets - and you're still maintaining it's about the quality of the football?!

Stop talking such utter @#/?.

Not one person on this site saw this coming, not one, so don't tell me I'm talking @#/?.

Even the resident hack didn't see it coming, so its you talking @#/? TGM, as usual, might I add.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Martin Jol has been spotted around brockhall late this afternoon.

However as i speak,Mike Basset is dancing on bar in t'postal order

Hold it....just heard Cheri Lunghi has been seen coming out of that Ewood dress agency shop on Bolton rd.

:lol: :lol:

The manager thought he was getting money to spend.

He knew NOTHING about what was going to happen today.

Not sure the chairman was aware of it either.

Total bombshell - even if I could see it coming a few weeks ago but had to say I thought he had won the argument.

Obviously not.

So there was a collision course after all.

Dear Nicko,

I'm sorry.

Lots of love,

Shilitto xxx

It's a very courageous decision - if Venky's have called this incorrectly their investment will rapidly lose value & attraction.....how many rappers & former boxing champions follow Championship clubs ?

Sam's far from my favourite manager but I'm distinctly uneasy...I've never felt this way before about Rovers...there were dark days in the past but it was always my club & the division played in was largely irrelevant.

Struggling for a good analogy but I guess I just feel like someone's bought my favourite real ale pub & sacked the grumpy barman who was a miserable so & so but every now & then got some good guest beers in & had a good lock in......& the new owner is apparently planning to turn it into a trendy bar with expensive bottled beers.

Not one person on this site saw this coming, not one, so don't tell me I'm talking @#/?.

Even the resident hack didn't see it coming, so its you talking @#/? TGM, as usual, might I add.

I think you'll find our resident hack saw it coming weeks ago and posted to that effect, but thought Sam had won the argument.

But it's pretty obvious from the two bits of evidence, (i) from SSN and (ii) from the fact it's come just as our transfer list that this has been done over transfers. You're just ignoring it though and making stuff up, claiming its about tactics when you have absolutely NOTHING to back that up. Just like your assertion that people who go to Rovers support this decision when as shown on here the majority of them don't.

Strange feeling. In terms of 'playing football', we can't get much worse. In terms of results with the squad we have, it can. As long as John Williams stays in as a chairman, we have a chance of a bright future. If strange things happen with Kentaro and the Chicken-twins, I'm not sure where we are in 365 days from now...

Very curious to see who will be the next one on the 'hot seat', and when he (or she, never know) will be appointed. Won't suprise me if that will be within the next 2 days.

This saturday's match is going to be special and, even more, VITAL. We need to stay behind the team, as they can't help Sam being sacked. Keep the faith.

Those who are happy now may be regretting this in a few months. Awful timing, smacks of a done deal with Jol.

Sam may not be the most pretty but it keeps us up with no money to spend. If venkys don't invest serious money you can't expect anymore else to do better.

Errr, is that a laugh in a good way or something else?....dont do this to us nicko!!! <_<

Well given the comment from Nicko yesterday evening about not underestimating the amount these Indians are willing to spend I am going to guess that they have lined up a pretty high profile "figure head".

I would also love to get on the ball early with any shock appointment so that I could rinse my local bookies, as it where :xmas:

This all beats another winter of freebie watching anyway!

Surprised at the sacking, which leaves us all in limbo wondering what direction our new owners intend on taking and exactly how much investment they'll make.

Allardyce inherited a woeful squad of unskilled relegation-worthy players in 19th and staring into the Championship. No matter how much the media loves to point out how West Brom or Wigan can win games with stylish football, there was nothing other than Big Sam's pragmatism that would have pulled us out of the mess Ince left us in. We've slowly started to rebuild on a non-existant budget and had seemed before today to have a great chance at surviving the rest of this season.

Now, who knows? Is whatever high-caliber manager Venky's are (hopefully) looking at going to be suited to dealing with a meagre squad in the bottom-half of the Premier League? How on earth are we going to attract big name players in January, and what chance do they have of adjusting in time to keep us winning games?

This really doesn't seem like the right time to take the club in a new direction, since to misstep at this point could send us down, which only brings to mind the likes of Portsmouth.

As someone who wrote to the club NOT to employ him when we got Ince, got to say I'm Gobsmacked and Saddened.

Yes we play terrible football, yesterday excepted, but he was doing a tremendous job.

I believe he should have had a chance to fine tune us further with one or two new signings.

Furthermore the players believed in him and liked him.

Wel done, venkys, you've just shggaed us.......

I sort of get what you mean but after your first sentence then your comments carry no credibility whatsoever.

There was someone called Paul from Bolton on Radio Lancs an hour ago who said the same about being glad when Allardyce lost out and Ince came 3 years ago. I just wondered after admitting that his judgement is so horribly flawed why on earth Radio Lancs gave him any air time at all.

Nicko's post suggests that it is a very big celebrity name...

Stacey Solomon?

I will leave that until it comes out [hopefully] in the paper.

Not sure what 'role' these people have in mind for the chap.

That's why I hesitate on saying he is seen as a manager or just a leading role.

A YES man then obviously. No wonder they sacked Allardyce so quickly if thats what they want. He told Kentaro that he and John Williams would be the ones to sign players only recently. He may as well have signed their own death sentences.

Archived