503 members have voted

1. 1. Are Venkys right to have stuffed \Big Sam

• Yes, glad hes flown the coop
    • I'd have given him a bit more time.
    • No, theyve cocked this up.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big news for you, every club signs players that don't feature much. That's a part and parcel of being a football manager. Alex Ferguson has got many examples over the years.

Goulon and Linganzi cost pretty much next to nothing - which illustrates my point perfectly. I'll say this point again - the big strong players with not that much technical skill cost a lot less than flair creative players with a good range of passing. Why do you think Hughes managed to sign Chris Samba so cheaply?!

Sam had very, very limited resources. Kalinic at £6 million hasn't been a success - but then in the Premier League even £6 million isn't that much for a striker. I bet I could name you more strikers signed by Premier League clubs who have been a failure for that sort of price than who've been a success. And he did get attacking potential in, remember how excited we were by Di Santo last season? I know he didn't come to much but he came highly rated. He's got Mame Diouf in up front too, and now we've got money in was looking for some quality additions from a creative side. Granted he didn't get many creative players as loans in midfield but when you're getting loans in there's hardly a big supply of quality there is there?

Yeah, but didn't Sam turn down Stuart Holden right before Bolton signed him?

I was shocked when I heard the news, but hindsight, I'm not. We have a good run of matches coming up, and it would be hard to get rid of him if we won 3 in a row before the January window.

Not a BFS fan and would have been happy to see him go at the end of the season if we had someone else lined up who could improve things but this looks like a ridiculous move from people who know nothing about football. Our results under BFS have been OK although the football has been dire but this is a really bad time to be changing manager. If we get a new manager in within the next few days, OK, if not then there isn't a plan and we are in trouble.

Bring back the Walkers Trust.

Where is John Williams when you need a statement from the club?

I wonder about the PR ability of the new owners .....

I work in PR and the new owners have already dropped a massive bollock.

The first thing they should have done was come out and given a full and frank interview about who they are, what they intend to do and how they see themselves getting there.

That would have helped to get the fans onside from the outset. PR is about good communication and being able to manage your reputation in the media. They clearly haven't grasped that.

Based on this evidence, we have a group of new owners who are already beginning to come across as very 'cloak and dagger' and they've already proved that we should expect the unexpected.

It sucks and I think the fand deserve better.

I don't buy that, I think its just Rovers bashing media mischief, the reporter probably needed a map to find Ewood.

The football was terrible, and they didn’t want him blowing the budget like he did at Newcastle, simple as that.

What are you on about?!

We have people who are in the know saying from weeks ago that a similar collision could well happen, SSN reporting the same has happened today coincidentally around the same time we get a bunch of transfer targets - and you're still maintaining it's about the quality of the football?!

Stop talking such utter @#/?.

Who the New Manager???

Well Martin Jol has been spotted around brockhall late this afternoon.

However as i speak,Mike Basset is dancing on bar in t'postal order

Hold it....just heard Cheri Lunghi has been seen coming out of that Ewood dress agency shop on Bolton rd.

Can you say who this name was Nicko.

I will leave that until it comes out [hopefully] in the paper.

Not sure what 'role' these people have in mind for the chap.

That's why I hesitate on saying he is seen as a manager or just a leading role.

(Please don't use that word again)!ng Maradona!! Oh lord.

would you see the guy as a step down from allaryce or up ? ...down for me would be the likes of houghton , curbishley , maradona - could go on ..

mark hughes back to blackburn maybe ? lol

I don't buy that, I think its just Rovers bashing media mischief, the reporter probably needed a map to find Ewood.

The football was terrible, and they didn’t want him blowing the budget like he did at Newcastle, simple as that.

To be fair, Sky didn't say that was why he'd gone. They said that the word going round was that that was the reason, but then we've all heard that speculation on here for a while now. To be honest I can't understand the shock reaction of most on here. You might think it's off, you might think the timing's bad, but surely you're not shocked at the fact. These are business people - watch the Apprentice if you want to see how cutthroat it can be. They have their own ideas about what they want and like it or not they are going to carry them out. I too think it wasn't the best of times to sack the manager and I'm certainly no Allardyce fan, but then I'm not a businessperson either. If you're going to hand out even a decent amount of cash, you want to feel that the guy spending it is going to be around for a while. If you've already decided he's not then, bad timing or not, he's got to go there and then. I don't know who'll come in and I'm not enamoured of the names currently being bandied about, but I'm not ashamed to be a Rovers fan, as some are claiming. It's not my fault Allardyce got sacked and it's not my fault the owners didn't politely ring him yesterday and prepare him for it. If they've got it wrong then they'll be the ones who will lose out on an expensive investment so they will have thought about what they needed to do. I'll wait and see what happens before I start deciding it's suicide time.

Well Martin Jol has been spotted around brockhall late this afternoon.

are you being seriously or joking?????

come on nicko, tell us??? Jol, Bilic, Shearer, Knilsmann???

Cheers Nicko, preparing to be left shocked and flabbergasted here.

Would you say this chap has been put forward by Kentaro?

Archived