BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

philipl

According to this report in the Telegraph, Steve Kean is "understood to be close to SEM". No wonder the owners want to keep him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8202393/Sam-Allardyce-sacking-puts-Premier-League-on-alert-over-Blackburn-Rovers-transfer-policy.html

Conspiracy theories people?

As a coach he will be also used to system where he is in control of the players he is coaching (i.e not be too bothered about having no control over transfers)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a strange feeling Kean may be the man. No real basis for this other than an optimistic gut feeling.

Mind you I had a similar feeling about Ince................................

I share your sentiments about Kean. I'm feeling strangely optimistic.

On the other hand, the whole Ince thing makes me question your judgment and, by extension, mine.

Puts him in a good stead, especially the fact that he seems to be a "student" and hard-working. But management is another ball game. Good coaches, triers et al do not make good managers. You need to have that killer instinct too.

Also been said that he could be our manager "forever" if things go well. :mellow:

The messages coming out of Venky's have been a bit mixed in the past few days.

But everything I hear today tells me Steve Kean is in charge until results go badly wrong.

Just been with a fellow manager of his, who sings his praises.

The stuff making him out to be a puppet is totally unfair.

There are a lot of jealous agents out there who are feeding papers to put the boot into Jerome Anderson by kicking Kean.

Shabby.

If Neil McDonald was in with Kentaro, would he be our caretaker manager now? Seems so very strange that they'll Singled out Kean to take us forward.

Rubbish. Allardyce and McDonald were joined at the hip; Kean has a good rep independent of BFS. Given the reasons given for getting rid of Sam - which I believe - it would have been lunacy to keep Sam's poodle!

The messages coming out of Venky's have been a bit mixed in the past few days.

But everything I hear today tells me Steve Kean is in charge until results go badly wrong.

Just been with a fellow manager of his, who sings his praises.

The stuff making him out to be a puppet is totally unfair.

There are a lot of jealous agents out there who are feeding papers to put the boot into Jerome Anderson by kicking Kean.

Shabby.

Shabby or not, that's football and it is making our ability to recruit and retain players far more difficult than it should be. You are making exactly the same point I made when I started this thread- there is a massive conflict of interest here.

By definition ehat is good for Rovers and what is good for Kentaro are complete opposites. That is why Mrs D is hesitating to pick her words when she is asked about Kentaro- there are regulations about this sort of thing at every level of the professional game and what is going on at Rovers is only keeping on the right side through exploiting technicalities.

Kean could well have the potential to be a good manager but i hear "the new fergie" been mentioned. Don't make me laugh, even Fergie could not do as well as Souness, Hughes and Big Sam did as the Rovers on a small budget and will Kean ever manage United? No! A club with awesome spending power, a massive brand and a name that could attract any player. We have a ceiling and i am afraid we will never get past the top 7 again, i wish we could but without serious investment i cannot see this happening.

I have come to the following conclusions from this week:

Kean is a puppet on a string, simple as.

The appointment of Kean and the dismissal of Sam enables our new owners to spend nothing in January.

He will have no authority over transfers and Kentaro will now manager our "ins and outs"

My club died the day they sacked Sam

We have had more publicity in the last few weeks than since we won the Premier League

United away was shown in India and Venky's where fuming we got hammered 7-1 with high powered CEO's and MD's watching with them for sponsorship

I have never heard so much contradiction coming from BRFC

Williams should do ALL the talking

Our Chairwomen is stupid for ringing Radio Five Live to request an interview

Geovanni and Boyd are not welcome at my club

THERE IS ONLY ONE JACK WALKER!

My club died the day they sacked Sam

What? The same Sam who referred to us as "they" for the first 90% of his reign? Of all the managers I've seen from Eddie Quigley onwards, he had the least apparent affinity with BRFC.

MY club is playing West Ham on saturday with a new caretaker manager who deserves 110% support

What? The same Sam who referred to us as "they" for the first 90% of his reign? Of all the managers I've seen from Eddie Quigley onwards, he had the least apparent affinity with BRFC.

MY club is playing West Ham on saturday with a new caretaker manager who deserves 110% support

EIT - The club did not die because Sam Allardyce is no longer manager. The end of an era died. The well respected, well run, patient, traditional Blackburn Rovers was dragged through the mud from 5pm and we are no way out of it at the moment. We get beat on Saturday and we will be discussed in the relegation group!

Oh and what stand will you be in on Saturday?

The same kind of support you gave Sam throughout his reign then?

We should give Kean our support, I do agree with that point, give the guy a chance, we never know, I have been told from the lads at Brockhall he is a top coach, however managing is a different thing!!

What I have been told is that the Premier League are frowning upon the 'goings on' at Ewood, how things will affect JW, as he is highly respected throughout the Premiership and reading between what was said, they are just waiting for an opportunity to jump on our new owners swiftly should they step out of line. Someone has ruffled a few feathers with the Prem chiefs!

EIT - The club did not die because Sam Allardyce is no longer manager. The end of an era died. The well respected, well run, patient, traditional Blackburn Rovers was dragged through the mud from 5pm and we are no way out of it at the moment. We get beat on Saturday and we will be discussed in the relegation group!

Oh and what stand will you be in on Saturday?

Who did you think was going to buy us, Mother Theresa? Once it became apparent the Trust were no longer interested, the Jack Walker era, which is only one of several very different eras the club has been through, came to an end. It was just a very long transition. No-one was going to pay 40 million plus fund the annual deficit to keep everything as it was.

I'll be watching the full game on my 40" plasma as part of my 8 quid a month package thanks, just like the millions of other who collectively fund the Premiership model everyone seems to think is so crucial to our existence. If there were only the 20,000 at the ground watching, we'd be able to afford 3 players: Diouf, Salgado and Chimbonda. Still, if that's what you'd prefer.

Kean could well have the potential to be a good manager but i hear "the new fergie" been mentioned. Don't make me laugh, even Fergie could not do as well as Souness, Hughes and Big Sam did as the Rovers on a small budget and will Kean ever manage United? No!

It was me that introduced that phrase and it came from the professional game up here in Scotland. I'm old enough to remember people laughing at a young Fergie being called "the New Jock Stein", how the heck do you know what Kean may or may not become? Incidentally, Souness certainly didn't have a small budget when he managed Rovers, and I don't remember Fergie spending fortunes at Aberdeen so your analogy doesn't stand up.Give the fella a chance and get behind him.

Who did you think was going to buy us, Mother Theresa? Once it became apparent the Trust were no longer interested, the Jack Walker era, which is only one of several very different eras the club has been through, came to an end. It was just a very long transition. No-one was going to pay 40 million plus fund the annual deficit to keep everything as it was.

I'll be watching the full game on my 40" plasma as part of my 8 quid a month package thanks, just like the millions of other who collectively fund the Premiership model everyone seems to think is so crucial to our existence. If there were only the 20,000 at the ground watching, we'd be able to afford 3 players: Diouf, Salgado and Chimbonda. Still, if that's what you'd prefer.

Of course not, but i was kind of hoping for someone in the Randy Lerner mould. Also, i will give Venky's my full support as i will Kean. I just think what they have done so far is very unprofessional and they have not conducted themselves in a way that has been associated with Blackburn Rovers of the past 15 years. We had a great relationship with the club through the fans forum and this MB - will this all disapear? Are we going to become detached from the club? This is one aspect i loved over other clubs in the Premier League, i am not just a season ticket number - my voice can be heard if i want it to be! Numerous people, many on this board have had meetings with JW over matters that have surfaced, i really hope we still stay "in touch" with the club. That is what i meant by saying the club i know died. Blackburn Rovers will obvioulsy still exist but not as we knew it. However, i do hope i am wrong! I have only been around for the Walker era as i acquired my first season ticket in 1991 at the age of 8!

The stand mark was flipant and i apologise for that, i was actaully a little angry with you response.

DBWH - it certainly was not you who introduced that phrase, i came across it in a national newspaper. I believe he could have been "the new Jock Stein" back then as his managerial skills have got him to where he is now, however, football has changed so much. A very large transfer kitty can make you look a good manager in modern football and maybe having a foreign name. Avram Grant is a prime example of this, with the money and players he had at Chelsea, he could look to have been a success but we all know that he is a very poor manager.

I will get behind Kean and my team. I will spend £000's this season travelling the lenght and breadth of the country giving my full support as i will for any manager who is in control of our club!

DBWH - it certainly was not you who introduced that phrase, i came across it in a national newspaper. I believe he could have been "the new Jock Stein" back then as his managerial skills have got him to where he is now, however, football has changed so much. A very large transfer kitty can make you look a good manager in modern football and maybe having a foreign name. Avram Grant is a prime example of this, with the money and players he had at Chelsea, he could look to have been a success but we all know that he is a very poor manager.

It actually was (to this message board) but thats irrelevant, but if you look at what you actually wrote you were pretty much ridiculing Kean and writing him off (comparing him unfavourably with other experienced - but not always successful - managers, particularly Souness who single handedly buggered up Liverpool), and all I've heard about him from the football fraternity are good things. Nobody knows how he'll work out and I do accept that he's a risk.

A very good interview with Steve Kean on the official iphone app. He sounds very knowledgeable and has been speaking with the owners every other day. He is going to take each game as it comes, and knows all the players attributes.

A very good interview with Steve Kean on the official iphone app. He sounds very knowledgeable and has been speaking with the owners every other day. He is going to take each game as it comes, and knows all the players attributes.

Really, "every other day" how many of those is there in two days. If that is fact it would lead you to think they were talking to him before Sam was sacked.

Archived