BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

philipl

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little article on the New Man in the Hot seat.............

Kean The Man...........

A very positve article along the lines of one or two others that have given cause for optimism. 'Badger' McKinlay gets a mention and I think Nicko flagged up that they are fairly close.

Without wishing to blow smoke up your @rse you are one of the posters worth reading on here. Perhaps you could post more and let other posters have a rest?

Kean says we will press higher up the pitch and play wider.

I don't miss the sight of Samba running back and taking out his opponent and getting a red car for his efforts. Lets hope a lack of pace in our defensive line doesnt catch up with us.

Thats how the game should be played at home against the bottom of the league.

Kean says we will press higher up the pitch and play wider.

I don't miss the sight of Samba running back and taking out his opponent and getting a red car for his efforts. Lets hope a lack of pace in our defensive line doesnt catch up with us.

Samba's runs did cause some problems for the opposition though. I do agree it left us esposed though, particually if the Nelsen was playing along side Samba. If Kean partners Samba with Jones the risk is reduced, I think we saw this at the end of last sseason.

I love how the general assumption is that Kean will start playing players where we think they should play. We've nothing to base that on, I can't see Nelsen and Samba being split up when both are fit and available.

Jones probably has to stay in midfield since N'Zonzi/Grella/Goulon aren't fit anyway.

The more I read about Steve Kean the more excited I am about seeing what effect his management has on the teams playing style.

Im now leaning towards the thought that, I know the timing of Sams sacking was ridiculous and the following PR from venkys has been a shambles, but perhaps they do genuinely believe Kean will take the club forward and in a different direction that Sam would.

Im more confident now that the clubs management is in good hands. The big question that bothers me is the influence of Kentaro regarding transfers

Anyone know if this is Morten Gamst Pedersens real site? If so its badly written

www.gamst.co.uk

He talks about training with Steve Kean and reactions to the Bolton Game and Allardyce's sacking

Yes it is.

His English is pretty good I think considering it isn't his first language.

Question is who will play defensive midfield if Jones is shifted right now?

Yep that is a worry, I also wonder if we have the players in midfield to play an early pressing game , it used to work under Hughes largely due to Sav. A lot depends on Kean getting Fonzi back fit and showwing the form of last year.

For the sake of our club, I desperately hope that Kean proves to be good.

However, his track record at Fulham, Real Sociedad & Coventry is less than sparkling and hardly represents a ringing endorsement of his abilities.

Who is going to assist him ? Not sure that Brunskill is the man as it was a huge leap for him moving from Liverpool under 12's to our reserves. A proven wise old head like Mr Parkes might prove inspired.

I've seen too many managers, in all aspects of life, who can talk the talk but fail miserably when it comes to walking the walk.

I love how the general assumption is that Kean will start playing players where we think they should play. We've nothing to base that on, I can't see Nelsen and Samba being split up when both are fit and available.

Jones probably has to stay in midfield since N'Zonzi/Grella/Goulon aren't fit anyway.

Exactly, if he went for the sort of wholesale changes some on here would like we would end up getting tonked by West Ham tomorrow.

I believe we will see pretty much the same formation and personell, but would expect them to play a little more positive as the opposition is bottom of the league.

By all accounts he has plenty of time to bring his own ideas to the team, no rush jobs needed.

Anyone know if this is Morten Gamst Pedersens real site? If so its badly written

www.gamst.co.uk

He talks about training with Steve Kean and reactions to the Bolton Game and Allardyce's sacking

I think it´s better English than your Norwegian? Gamst actually is from village very close to Finnish border. I read that he understands Finnish a little bit. Off topic I know :rolleyes:

Nice little article on the New Man in the Hot seat.............

Kean The Man...........

..“He’s outstanding as a coach,” says Craig Brown, who worked with Kean at Fulham and through the SFA. “I have the highest regard for him. He’s one of the three brightest young coaches in England – with Eric Black and Billy McKinlay. I worked for a number of summers in Belfast staffing coaching courses with Eric, Billy and Stevie, doing the lectures and practical demonstrations. Those three are superb with players. Archie Knox is as good as you’ll get anywhere, but these guys are young Archies.”..

It's a decent article. The bit above concerns me a little though. Didn't we get Archie Knox in under Ince's spell in charge? I wouldn't mind seeing 'Badger' McKinlay back at Rovers, it's always good to have some old names back.

Archived