BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

philipl

Does anyone know who is assisting Steve Kean with coaching etc?

LT- Confirmation about Brunskill:

Brunskill to join Kean on Blackburn Rovers bench

Iain Brunskill will be alongside Steve Kean on the Ewood Park bench tomorrow.

And goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms will also be there to assist Kean on his debut against West Ham. Youth team boss Gary Bowyer may also help out.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a decent article. The bit above concerns me a little though. Didn't we get Archie Knox in under Ince's spell in charge? I wouldn't mind seeing 'Badger' McKinlay back at Rovers, it's always good to have some old names back.

I think that is what Nicko alluded to the other day, when he said Kean and McKinley are good mates.

From the article earlier wouldn't be surprised to see Black being brought in as well.

All of course if and when he becomes full time manager.

What kind of football does Mr. Kean stand for? I'm not taking a wild guess when saying he probably likes to keep the ball a little more along the ground and keep possession more so than Big Sam. But has he come out and said anything about this yet? I'm not too caught up in formations myself, how we play isn't reliant on that factor alone.

What kind of football does Mr. Kean stand for? I'm not taking a wild guess when saying he probably likes to keep the ball a little more along the ground and keep possession more so than Big Sam. But has he come out and said anything about this yet? I'm not too caught up in formations myself, how we play isn't reliant on that factor alone.

As an experienced coach, Steve Kean will know he cannot change too much too soon, I honestly feel he will still use the set plays, some hoofs from Robbo but probably more of a passing game when play allows, he may though set the side up with more pace for counter attacks and may use maybe Olssen and Hoilet/M Diouf in wide positions for that purpose, otherwise I would be surprised if there were many changes, possibly Morris on the bench too as I understand he rates the lad highly!!

I like the cut of his jib.

As he points out, although BFS and McD have gone, there is a lot of continuity with who's left.

Despite all the weeping and wailing this week, I feel that the departure of Hughes and the entire coaching staff was a much bigger calamity for the club, but since that happened under the auspices of the saintly Trust, there wasn't a fraction of the uproar.

Despite all the weeping and wailing this week, I feel that the departure of Hughes and the entire coaching staff was a much bigger calamity for the club, but since that happened under the auspices of the saintly Trust, there wasn't a fraction of the uproar.

Yes, because the Trust sacked Hughes and the two situations can be directly compared...

The trust did fail to provide funds to Hughes in the end which resulted in him leaving.

We lost someone who provided us with so much talent-in fact most of the backbone of the side is still Hughes'

Over to Kean, is it a coincidence that since he has arrived 18 months ago we have introduced a large number of youth players in the side? I say this as Desai did say that Kean had an excellent relationship with them, may see more coming through.

I know he's only been caretaker for a few days but surely Kean might need some support? Especially as it seems he will be manager for the forseeable future.

Brunskill role is now key one, and obviously he will be heavily involved in the first team, is he up to it....?

I can't go into too many details about today's presser - got to keep the stuff back for the paper.

But very impressed with Steve Kean and the way he handled ALL questions.

You might have a good one here.

reminds me of Brian Kidd had all the right answers, some lovely energy on match day, AMAZING coach apparently

how did he do in the end anyone remember???

reminds me of Brian Kidd had all the right answers, some lovely energy on match day, AMAZING coach apparently

how did he do in the end anyone remember???

The guy hasn't even been in charge for single game and already he's being compared to a manager who took us down.

There seems to be no end to the hysterics on here.

Archived