BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Some Thoughts On Recent Events

Mihir Bohse on the situation at Blackburn

The London Metro sympathises with John Williams Another week, another strong-suggestion tp flight football has taken leave of its senses.

Two very good articles which should be required reading for everyone on here - and the new owners.

Who is going to write a piece condemning the Walkers over their decision to sell to Venky's ?

I could have a go - but I doubt the site has enough insurance to cover the libel costs.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be interesting to ask people how many would rather the Trust still owned us today rather than the promise of surprises under Venkys.

That could be an interesting insight into how we stack the current situation to the last days, relatively, of the Trust rule.

We all would wish that the Trust WANTED to own us and were prepared to fund the club sufficiently to allow us to stay in the Premier League. They weren't, its over, they sold us to the only group who satisfied their conditions.

At least some miracle might occur such as their crazy plans working, Steve K doing the work of 3 men but not cracking up, Venkys wising up etc. There was no hope under the Trust.

We all would wish that the Trust WANTED to own us and were prepared to fund the club sufficiently to allow us to stay in the Premier League. They weren't, its over, they sold us to the only group who satisfied their conditions. paid the asking price.

More accurate don't you think ?

The London Metro sympathises with John Williams Another week, another strong-suggestion tp flight football has taken leave of its senses.

Two very good articles. Nice to read some intelligent analysis rather than hysterical posturing from ex-managers and the like.

The factors that led to a company like Venky's buying us are clear and somewhat inevitable. I believe Premiership life for a club like us was always going to end up with a far-flung owner with their own agenda, as will Bolton when their fan/owner passes on, Wigan and so on. Perhaps life in the championship doesn't sound so awful now for all our Premiership is God fans if this is the only alternative.

You know as reasonable and sympathetic as these and other articles are I wish they'd all just shut the F up and go away and leave us alone. All the media channels, all the journos, all the pundits. If I have to read or hear one more time that we are a little cub who are lucky to be where we are, that we once bought/stole the title off more deserving bigger more important clubs (like theirs), and that even our former manager didn't really like us, I'll explode.

I get it! No one like us! Now that it's out in the open and as been said 1,000,000 times can they please all go away and leave us to our club in our town.

I'll be there watching whether we are in the EPL or the northern counties league. I'm not interested in their opinions as to who we are, what we should expect and how that everything good that has happened to us wasn't about actually us after all - it was the manager who we were lucky to have, it was the money from a benefactor we didn't deserve, it was luck because the Bosman ruling coincided to to make it possible we got hold of good players that 12 months later we would have had no chance of getting.

In their eyes there is an entity called BRFC that no one likes or respects and the good stuff actually belongs to others who graciously tossed it our way to bask in the reflected glory. Remember when we were in European competition and the journos had the headlines prepared before the match "Shearer Saves Rovers", "Not Even Shearer Could Save Rovers". It always about someone else, it's like the club itself doesn't exist.

Guess I'm just a bit touchy <flame off>

You know as reasonable and sympathetic as these and other articles are I wish they'd all just shut the F up and go away and leave us alone. All the media channels, all the journos, all the pundits. If I have to read or hear one more time that we are a little cub who are lucky to be where we are, that we once bought/stole the title off more deserving bigger more important clubs (like theirs), and that even our former manager didn't really like us, I'll explode.

I get it! No one like us! Now that it's out in the open and as been said 1,000,000 times can they please all go away and leave us to our club in our town.

I'll be there watching whether we are in the EPL or the northern counties league. I'm not interested in their opinions as to who we are, what we should expect and how that everything good that has happened to us wasn't about actually us after all - it was the manager who we were lucky to have, it was the money from a benefactor we didn't deserve, it was luck because the Bosman ruling coincided to to make it possible we got hold of good players that 12 months later we would have had no chance of getting.

In their eyes there is an entity called BRFC that no one likes or respects and the good stuff actually belongs to others who graciously tossed it our way to bask in the reflected glory. Remember when we were in European competition and the journos had the headlines prepared before the match "Shearer Saves Rovers", "Not Even Shearer Could Save Rovers". It always about someone else, it's like the club itself doesn't exist.

Lets be honest here, most of the media are loving this happening to our club.Nothing like sticking the boot in when we're down.

He's going to be eating beef instead of turkey this Christmas in protest. Wow, does he really not like that!

On the subject of everyone sticking the boot in, at least it'll have softened the blow of being fired for Big Sam. He's never been so popular! Even his nemesis Arsene has been praising him.

Huh, turns out Dalglish is a bit of a tosser then.

Post of the year.

Got too say this is complete crazy time here... timings seem a bit scary in regards too Kentaro..

7th Dec - Meeting with Kentaro about transfer policy.. great ask an agent how too/who too hire

7th-13th - No doubt meeeting with Sam and time too work out compensation package

13th Dec - Sam Fired and Kentaro coach appointed in the interim... but is already clear favourite.. too quote them "Kean is well connected with the game and the players as well," said Desai. wonder who told them that.

I love it when I see stories with comments like

"The owners’ list of potential transfer targets are said to have had former Hull City midfielder Geovanni and Middlesbrough striker Kris Boyd at its centre whereas Allardyce wanted to move for Robbie Keane and David Bentley at Tottenham and Roque Santa Cruz, the former Rovers striker who has been marginalised at Manchester City. "

And Venkys quoting they want too change the style of our football.. so Kris Boyd and Geovani over the likes of Bentley, Keane and Cruz.. err yeah way too go on changing our style.

At the moment I guess I am like most peeps here.. just praying that something good comes out of all this but as it stands.. I have little confidence in Venkys. I have nothing against Kean he might do a great job but he isnt the sort of name too attract players, I just get a bad feeling when its obvious too everyone that Venkys are listening so closely too whatever Kentaro say... its a very very dangerous think too listen too agents when it comes too choosing who to purchase.

As a side thought to this if they want too change our style of play.. but only want too buy Boyd level players we will be in deep deep trouble look at what has happened too all those teams who have tried too introduce sexy football on low budgets in the epl.

The only thought that is keeping me going is the one that we will be of no use to them in the Championship, so if that should happen steps will be taken to ensure we stand a good chance of returning pretty quickly.

I am hoping they will sell out at a loss pretty soon, God, how this woman has run a successfull business defies all logic!!

The only thought that is keeping me going is the one that we will be of no use to them in the Championship, so if that should happen steps will be taken to ensure we stand a good chance of returning pretty quickly.

The consequences do not bare thinking about.I'm seething that this once stable club has been plunged into this situation quite unnecessarily....its not fair on anyone is this.We appear to have had the carpet pulled right out from under our feet by clueless people taking over our club with their eyes wide shut.

It really is beyond belief.

I hope your right there, but I'm not convinced that they would do a "Walker" should we go down. I fear if we get relegated we'll be up the creek without a paddle.

I am hoping they will sell out at a loss pretty soon, God, how this woman has run a successfull business defies all logic!!

I just want them to sort their act out:

Dump Kentaro and actually talk straight with us

It won't matter then though will it? Everyone will know the name Venkys then. The club that sacked Sam, went for Maradona, took the advice of Agents, promoted three guys with no managerial experience into the first team (who is running the reserves and youth teams now by the way? Do we still care?) made us a laughing stock. Still, it's not their fault is it? They do chicken ater all.

Oh and in terms of covering their outlay, as I mentioned elsewhere, you could sell Phil Jones (and a few others) and cover that. We don't know if they've covered the loan - presumably not as that's a grey area (if they had we'd know about it - make no mistake). Anyway maybe they're thinking someone (or a consortium) will give a damn, can't stand by and watch anymore and buy the club back from them. Once they are happy that the advertising campaign has run it's course, obviously. That has to be our only hope.

That's the worst case scenario. I sincerely hope I've called this all wrong and it's not the scenario. I could do with being convinced otherwise - and that's not happening is it? Maybe I need another statement from "Mrs One Game" from Pune to put my mind at rest.

I'm sure Pompey fans felt exactly the same during their various takeovers roversmum. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget the warnings that John Williams has continually made about relegation spelling the end for the club as a top flight outfit. When we went down last time, Jack poured millions into it because he loved the club and was a lifelong supporter. Venky's have had the club for five minutes and have bought it for commerical reasons. Somehow, I just don't see them pouring more money in if they are not getting the exposure and publicity that Premier League football brings.

The really sad point roversmum, is that a week ago we had a stable club - OK, it might not always have been pretty but Sam had the knack of winning the games that needed to be won - and now we are gambling the whole future of the club for no other reason other than Sam didn't fit the youthful, positive image that Venky's wish to project for their business. Steve Kean may well keep us in the Premier League, but I just feel it's a gamble that didn't need to be taken at this moment in time. Sam's contract was up in the summer and that's when a change should have been made if the new owners were so inclined.

It won't matter then though will it? Everyone will know the name Venkys then. The club that sacked Sam, went for Maradona, took the advice of Agents, promoted three guys with no managerial experience into the first team (who is running the reserves and youth teams now by the way? Do we still care?) made us a laughing stock. Still, it's not their fault is it? They do chicken ater all.

Oh and in terms of covering their outlay, as I mentioned elsewhere, you could sell Phil Jones (and a few others) and cover that. We don't know if they've covered the loan - presumably not as that's a grey area (if they had we'd know about it - make no mistake). Anyway maybe they're thinking someone (or a consortium) will give a damn, can't stand by and watch anymore and buy the club back from them. Once they are happy that the advertising campaign has run it's course, obviously. That has to be our only hope.

That's the worst case scenario. I sincerely hope I've called this all wrong and it's not the scenario. I could do with being convinced otherwise - and that's not happening is it? Maybe I need another statement from "Mrs One Game" from Pune to put my mind at rest.

So I'm not the only one who's been wondering about that then.

Some good points raised. Yes, we could easily be dumped if a relegation situation arises. Very worrying - it feels like being in a whirlpool and completely helpless to do anything to save yourself.

That's a bit OTT mum, do you really think that Venky's would like to lose 50 Million?

I think we are being owned by a very strange bunch of people - they say actions speak louder than words however both their actions/words have been bizarre.

You look at some of the recent takeovers, and at this going rate, our one has potential for being the worst of the lot.

That's a bit OTT mum, do you really think that Venky's would like to lose 50 Million?

Well no, I don't - but surely there are assets that could cover most of that.

Logic tells me that things will settle down and it will be good; but my heart is definitely very worried.

The most the Venky's could lose is "Face", that's very very important in India. Far bigger than losing 50 mill. It would do more damage to their company than any thing else.

A couple of wins will do the Rovers (and the fans) the world of good.

I'm keeping my powder dry on the takeover to see how things pan out. I'm not entirely happy, but....

I do agree a better approach to PR would be a good start.

Archived