BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Wolves have had some good results in their last 3 games but, If you had to choose a team to play away from home and get a draw or a win then they would be pretty high on my list. I mean apart from say Sunderland or Bolton I don't think that I would fancy playing anybody else. What does everyone else think?

I know that Wolves have had some good results in their last 3 games but, If you had to choose a team to play away from home and get a draw or a win then they would be pretty high on my list. I mean apart from say Sunderland or Bolton I don't think that I would fancy playing anybody else. What does everyone else think?

I think many fans as usual are naively working themselves up into expecting a good result. Wolves have the joint best home record out of any of the bottom 9, while only West Ham and Birmingham have picked up less points away from home than us this season. We really should expect to lose, anything else will be beating the odds. I think we'll get beat and stay up anyway, hopefully if we do go behind the fans will continue to get behind the team.

hopefully if we do go behind the fans will continue to get behind the team.

Why would they get on the teams back when we could be on the edge of doom?????

And we ALL expected to get beat away at Arsenal and West Ham as well as at home vs Man Utd. So you could say to say we will get beat is wrong. Anything can happen

Guardian comment.

The last paragraph is a foretaste of what is to come if we go down.

Exactly. No doubt some of the dimwits on here will still not be able to grasp it though Philip.

Here are the last two especially for them....

"Were the worst to happen to Blackburn, in the equivalent of a survival play-off against Wolves at Molineux, it will represent hubris on a mountainous scale for Venky's, the Indian chicken company that sacked Sam Allardyce as manager shortly after buying the club because he did not embrace their "vision" to finish fifth.

Venky's has not obviously put any money into Rovers yet, and its vision never included the fortunes it will cost if its club is relegated from the internationally coveted, billion-pound Premier League, to real life in the Championship."

Strange that you agree with Phillip with regards to the guardian article but he himself has said that should we be relegated then Venkys would back us financially and not let us go under, so who are the dimwits you are referring to?

I am looking to see if your predictions of mass exodus of season ticket holders and season ticket prices being hiked up by a ridiculous amount as predicted by your good self...

I am looking to see if your predictions of mass exodus of season ticket holders and season ticket prices being hiked up by a ridiculous amount as predicted by your good self...

You'll be renewing yours will you?

You'll be renewing yours will you?

No I dont have a season ticket so can't renew it.

But i suppose now that I have said that it makes the point that I was making less valid.

No I dont have a season ticket so can't renew it.

But i suppose now that I have said that it makes the point that I was making less valid.

Well, perhaps in your case the question should be, "If you had a season ticket what would be the likelihood of your renewing it, financial circumstances allowing it?" or something like that!

Pretty fair assessment really although no-one can say that Venkys haven't stuck by THEIR manager...

You can actually!

They would have fired him after the Fulham defeat if they'd found anyone willing to work for them.

Guest roverspogges

Will this thread be closed by 6pm ?? Or will it be still used to discuss what's gone on/wrong in recent months? Like an internet forum thread version of an autopsy.

Will this thread be closed by 6pm ?? Or will it be still used to discuss what's gone on/wrong in recent months? Like an internet forum thread version of an autopsy.

You mean like is the thread on our most recent manager is still active? Don't hold your breath, this board is built around the endless dissection of hypotheticals.

Archived