BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Guest roverite1991

Yes it was a mistake and he accidently put it bold and accidently increased the size to LARGE

It was a response to the post in capitals, which could have been a mistake. I'm not enough of a moron to think that a change of size and boldness is a mistake, but thank you anyway haha.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a response to the post in capitals, which could have been a mistake. I'm not enough of a moron to think that a change of size and boldness is a mistake, but thank you anyway haha.

GET TO 100 POSTS AND I WILL TELL TO YOU WHY I POST IN CAPS! ;):tu:

They aren't top Chelsea are but have already qualified.

The fair play league really annoys me. Chelsea show the most respect to referees?

Give me a break

Unlikely that any team featuring Terry and Drogba would even make the top half imo. Rovers rarely put a foot wrong although Givet did once what Terry seems to do most matches at Fulham. It's just a load of ######.

seriuosly dude are you on drugs :o

:angry:ANYONE WHO BACKS AGAINST THEIR TEAM SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME!!! YOU DISGUST ME AND I HOPE IF THE WORST HAPPENS AND YOU GO AND COLLECT YOUR JUDAS MONEY THAT SOMEONE MUGS YOU OUTSIDE THE BOOKIES!!! :angry2:

Sorry Mate, is it only the part in normal sized text that is directed to me? It's just I haven't I mentioned anything to do with placing a bet in that speil.

I'm going to presume it is and that it is just a comment about working all that out. If so it was actually pretty easy and only took half an hour of works time

Sorry Mate, is it only the part in normal sized text that is directed to me? It's just I haven't I mentioned anything to do with placing a bet in that speil.

I'm going to presume it is and that it is just a comment about working all that out. If so it was actually pretty easy and only took half an hour of works time

YES... LOL....half an hour? what the hell do you have in your head ? it took me half hour just to read it.

Had nothing to do on my lunch so figured I'd try and work out every possible scenario for us on the last day, just to try and relieve some of the stress I am already feeling. Anyway its pretty boring but just thought I'd share it.

Won't quote it all again, but brill!! :tu:

YES... LOL....half an hour? what the hell do you have in your head ? it took me half hour just to read it.

I've got a funked up IT brain so just a case of working out all the possibilities( ie 2 teams win,1 draws etc) then repeating. Hopefully I'm not coming across as some kind of smartarse, believe me I'm not!!

Looking at the table we are far from safe yet.

It is easy to dump into the bottom three.

I can see Wigan winning against Stoke, but I really hope Spurs and United decide to show up.

I don't understand how so many people are pointing out that Stoke are going to get beat. Here is Stoke's home record this season:

W 10 D 4 L 4

I know it's all ifs, buts and maybes at this stage but Stoke will not lose that game. Sure Wigan will be fired up, but with the situation being so close, the nerves could easily get to them just as easily. They only beat West Ham because the Hammers were all out attack for the win they needed to stay up. Of all three of the fixtures below us, this is the one that I am sure will go as planned for us. Also, I can't see Birmingham getting a win either, as they are so down in numbers and look absolutely shambolic according to some of my Brummie chums.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll get beat either. Bar the Everton game, we have really improved as a team over the last ten weeks or so and although Kean isn't good enough to cope with the demands of this job, I do think he'll keep us up this season even though I would argue we should have been safe with at least a few games to go judging on the generally good performances we have put in.

We've got a very group of players here at Ewood, players who are committed to each other and who will happily lay their bodies on the line for the greater good of the team. I will be driving down to the black country full of optimism for next season - as long as we sign a couple of decent premier league strikers by then!

My tenner's going on Blackpool and Birmingham to follow the Hammers - Wigan may earn a draw.

Just read on a Wigan forum that the club have returned half of their 2800 tickets for the Stoke game and the fans are up in arms.

Unbelievable that they should do this, they need as many there as possible.

• Backroom

I'd love Wigan to go down after seeing their fans taunt West Ham fans and celebrate like they were home and dry, I dislike Wham but that was just stupid given they aren't safe yet.

I don't understand how so many people are pointing out that Stoke are going to get beat. Here is Stoke's home record this season:

W 10 D 4 L 4

I know it's all ifs, buts and maybes at this stage but Stoke will not lose that game. Sure Wigan will be fired up, but with the situation being so close, the nerves could easily get to them just as easily. They only beat West Ham because the Hammers were all out attack for the win they needed to stay up. Of all three of the fixtures below us, this is the one that I am sure will go as planned for us. Also, I can't see Birmingham getting a win either, as they are so down in numbers and look absolutely shambolic according to some of my Brummie chums.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll get beat either. Bar the Everton game, we have really improved as a team over the last ten weeks or so and although Kean isn't good enough to cope with the demands of this job, I do think he'll keep us up this season even though I would argue we should have been safe with at least a few games to go judging on the generally good performances we have put in.

We've got a very group of players here at Ewood, players who are committed to each other and who will happily lay their bodies on the line for the greater good of the team. I will be driving down to the black country full of optimism for next season - as long as we sign a couple of decent premier league strikers by then!

My tenner's going on Blackpool and Birmingham to follow the Hammers - Wigan may earn a draw.

Normally these games might be expected to go on form.But there are potential twists on this last weekend. Manu have won the League and will put out a very different side from the one we played. Blackpool's status is on the line, they are bound to want it more.

Stoke are coming down from their FA Cup loss and have a game mid-week. Wigan will want it more and be on a high after their game against West Ham.

And if form is any guide why shouldn't Wolves win comfortably?

I expect Birmingham to lose.

I've already said we are unlikely to go down but it would not be utterly astonishing if the above scenarios worked out. That's why I can't relax.

No one seems to understand that the four vital relegation matches this Sunday are cup finals in which form goes out of the window and teams battling for their lives produce the most unexpected results. Brum, Wigan and Blackpool are all capable of winning on the day - as are Wolves and Rovers of course.

One thing is for certain - it's going to be a very uncomfortable afternoon.

Normally these games might be expected to go on form.But there are potential twists on this last weekend. Manu have won the League and will put out a very different side from the one we played. Blackpool's status is on the line, they are bound to want it more.

Stoke are coming down from their FA Cup loss and have a game mid-week. Wigan will want it more and be on a high after their game against West Ham.

And if form is any guide why shouldn't Wolves win comfortably?

I expect Birmingham to lose.

I've already said we are unlikely to go down but it would not be utterly astonishing if the above scenarios worked out. That's why I can't relax.

I'm nervous myself 47er, although as I said, from my own P.O.V, i'm confident we'll be safe.

I actually think the collective results were better for us yesterday than what we all would have been happy with. Birmingham are desperate and well out of form and their loss was much better than Wigan's potential loss yesterday, considering form and fixtures to come.

Stoke fans are amazing at the Britannia, regardless of how they're doing at the time, their support is huge there and i'm sure they won't be ending the season with a loss. The fans simply wouldn't allow it, in fact, they'd love to send a team down!

As for Blackpool, Ferguson said the mistake he made before he last played Barcelona was fielding a second team against Hull on the last day of the season before that game (even though they won). He said his team weren't ready for Barcelona after being given the break and that's why they lost (post-match comments on Saturday). Bearing that in mind, i'm very confident that United won't be losing this weekend.

Whatever happens, I can't wait for Sunday. Looking forward to a cracking day out and i'll be there next season, both home and away, regardless of Sunday's outcome!

Me, too; Earl! I'm really looking forward to it - if the atmosphere's ½ as good as at WHam 10 days ago, it'll be superb.

I'm a "glass-half-full" man about the outcome of the season so I'm copying what I posted on another thread in case there are people who don't read all the threads which seem to be covering the same ground. Yesterday, I had an e-mail from a pal who's a mackem and employed in the Statistics Department at Strathclyde University, telling me this:

Seems to me like a low probability of you going down. As you know, even if you lose to Wolves (about evens) it requires 2 out of the other 3 to win (low probability). Overall, it is unlikely but possible of course. You are favourites to stay up with the bookies. I saw some odds of relegation that had you at 10-1 and Wolves at 8-1. The others all odds on. I note that you and Wolves can’t play for a draw as you could both go down.

I'm not a betting man but that reassures me.

Premier League relegation low-down: who will fall through the trapdoor?

Relegation dogfight experience

Steve Kean can count on numerous grizzled veterans, but only a handful - Paul Robinson, Benjani, Jason Roberts - have been in relegation scraps, so strong have Blackburn been.

Form guide

Kean talks of six “positive” results from eight games, but in fact Blackburn have won only once since January.

Omens

Since 2001, Blackburn have lost once on the final day. Maintaining that run - as long as Blackpool, Wigan and Birmingham don’t all win - will keep them up.

Final match

A straight shoot-out with Wolves at Molineux. Whoever wins stays up, whoever loses will have to hope one of their rivals doesn’t win. A draw should be enough for Blackburn, though.

John, you missed this bit:

Verdict of Phil Brown, former Hull manager

The way Wolves are playing, it is unlikely Blackburn will come away with any points - but they could keep their Premier League status thanks to goal difference.

Verdict: Staying up.

From Football365

I may not be a fan of Blackburn, but who can't be a fan of their support in recent weeks? When the going has got tough, they've turned up in ever-increasing numbers and in three of their last four matches they have registered their highest home gate of the season. Hats off for that.

Nice to know that someone recognises us. I know the ManU match was distorted because of the large number of their fans, but still...

Rio Ferdinand in the papers today as said that one of the reasons that they lost last time they played Barcelona in the Champions League final was because they had two weeks off from playing matches, their body which was used to playing on a regular basis didn’t react well to that and come the final they weren’t as sharp as they usually are, he said lessons had been learnt. So maybe Fergie won’t totally play a reserve team on Sunday.

From Football365

I may not be a fan of Blackburn, but who can't be a fan of their support in recent weeks? When the going has got tough, they've turned up in ever-increasing numbers and in three of their last four matches they have registered their highest home gate of the season. Hats off for that.

Nice to know that someone recognises us. I know the ManU match was distorted because of the large number of their fans, but still...

Add to that three of the last four away games (Fulham, West Ham and Wolves) we have sold all our allocation of tickets!

Archived