BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. QPR

Amo

That was Blackburn Referee Eddie Wolstenholme in the middle.

Indeed, used to see him around Clitheroe Tesco occasionally, once my Dad spoke to him about this game and he said he had no option

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er -how do the new owners know there is a protest? I didn't see a picket line or any placards. Downright stupid to 'protest' by staying away if no-one knows about it. Sometimes I wonder, I really do.

Have you never heard of voting with your feet rmum? You should have because Gav stated that he was going to do just that. If you really do wonder the mood round and about perhaps you need to get out and talk to people.

Have you never heard of voting with your feet rmum? You should have because Gav stated that he was going to do just that. If you really do wonder the mood round and about perhaps you need to get out and talk to people.

Considering the gates are always low for early cup games how could anyone tell? Voting with your feet is surely walking out of something, you can't do that if you aren't there. Now, can you please tell me HOW the owners know there is a protest and why?

Oh, and what exactly might this "protest" be about? Keano seems to be doing pretty well to me and there seems to be plenty of money coming in for transfers.

And some of the tripe I've heard "talked by people" recently makes me wonder how they can possibly believe such rubbish.

I think you can't read anything into the attendance - cup attendances are always pretty low until about the 6th round for us and normally sub 10k against teams not in the PL.

We only had 18,000 on for the cup semi final last year!

Considering the gates are always low for early cup games how could anyone tell? Voting with your feet is surely walking out of something, you can't do that if you aren't there. Now, can you please tell me HOW the owners know there is a protest and why?

Furthermore if people wish to protest againt the new regime, thats fine and entirely upto them, but to boycott attending games is an absolute disgrace, and they should be ashamed to call themselves Rovers fans.

I was brought up to believe you should always support your team no matter what.

I understand people are unhappy and frustrated with Venkys, but that is no reason to go support the team, the players after all have done no wrong, and they fully deserve our support.

Boycotting games will gain nothing, but further damage the reputation of the club.

One would hope the FA would look at what Warnock has said about Diouf. The fact that the QPR players were quite free with their elbows seems to have escaped Warnock's notice, or perhaps he's quite happy for his players to use them on the faces of young kids like Hanley and Morris. The fact that El-Hadji played such an important role in the goal with a typical run and pinpoint pass to Hoilett must have thrilled Warnock no end.

If Warnock is so worried about the welfare of his players I would suggest that he looks at his own medical team. The fact that they got a guy with a broken leg to stand up and walk around suggests that they didn't feel he was too badly hurt at the time. Diouf and several Rovers' players were primarily concerned for the welfare of Givet who seemed in a far worse condition than the QPR player. The fact that the Rovers immediately had the doctor and a stretcher on, while the QPR guy was helped to his feet perhaps led Rovers players to believe that he was trying to avoid a booking after giving away a free kick.

Ultimately, if Warnock's own medical team can't tell if a player is seriously injured I'm not sure how the other players and supporters are supposed to know. However, when he was finally stretchered off, it was not the best to hear a few boos from the Rovers' fans - although I pleased to say that this was quickly drowned out by respectful applause.

One would hope the FA would look at what Warnock has said about Diouf. The fact that the QPR players were quite free with their elbows seems to have escaped Warnock's notice, or perhaps he's quite happy for his players to use them on the faces of young kids like Hanley and Morris. The fact that El-Hadji played such an important role in the goal with a typical run and pinpoint pass to Hoilett must have thrilled Warnock no end.

If Warnock is so worried about the welfare of his players I would suggest that he looks at his own medical team. The fact that they got a guy with a broken leg to stand up and walk around suggests that they didn't feel he was too badly hurt at the time. Diouf and several Rovers' players were primarily concerned for the welfare of Givet who seemed in a far worse condition than the QPR player. The fact that the Rovers immediately had the doctor and a stretcher on, while the QPR guy was helped to his feet perhaps led Rovers players to believe that he was trying to avoid a booking after giving away a free kick.

Ultimately, if Warnock's own medical team can't tell if a player is seriously injured I'm not sure how the other players and supporters are supposed to know. However, when he was finally stretchered off, it was not the best to hear a few boos from the Rovers' fans - although I pleased to say that this was quickly drowned out by respectful applause.

This is from a guy whose been heard to yell, allegedly, at one of his players commanding them to break another fellow pros legs, what a great example he is.

Silly post and the two who voted for you are pathetic. It's not a he-man contest and Givet's skeleton has not been replaced with adamantium for goodness sake! That collision could just as easily have resulted in him being the one with the broken leg.

So? Is Gael fit for the next match?

Usual Cup game v minnows at Ewood. Underperformance yet victorious.

Diouf M guilty of missing sitters repairs all his efforts. Diouf EH was awful whilst Hoilet had his best game.

Nelsen, Pedersen again the mainstays. Benjani poor as was Morris when he came on.

Hanley is proving he is not far off making the grade at such a young age whilst Lowe was impressive if constrained. He is a good prospect like Jones.

Selgado should move on at the end of the season. Half decent game today but to slow.

If wenbring in Adams, Duff, Cruz and this Barca reserve I'd be delighted.

It's like the Souey era, quite a few need to go. Selgado, Roberts, Chimbonda, Brown, kinish, Andrews, a centre half, Benjani, Grella, Emerton?

So? Is Gael fit for the next match?

Kean said it looks to be not as bad as first feared, shouldbe ok for Chelski game.

Just another thing to add on the Diouf incident, there was an altercation in the tunnel, and it's believed Warnock confronted Diouf, and said Mackie had broken his leg, to which Diouf replied "I dont care if he's broken is leg".

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2261854,00.html

Taken form the QPR website so make of it what you will.

If Diouf has said this, he is in fact a huge disgrace, and I would expect Rovers to deal with him.

This reminds me of when Keane ended Alfie Ing Haaland's career at least with an awful challenege, stood over him shouting at him, then admitted in his book, he would end Haalands career, after a challange between the 2 previously resulted in Keane getting badly injured.

• Backroom

Diouf has done nothing to be punished for though, it's not nice if he has said that but he may feel the lad went in to do Givet, it's not as if Diouf has broke Mackie's leg he appeared to do that himself (although will reserve full judgement till I see a replay)

Kean said it looks to be not as bad as first feared, shouldbe ok for Chelski game.

Just another thing to add on the Diouf incident, there was an altercation in the tunnel, and it's believed Warnock confronted Diouf, and said Mackie had broken his leg, to which Diouf replied "I dont care if he's broken is leg".

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2261854,00.html

Taken form the QPR website so make of it what you will.

If Diouf has said this, he is in fact a huge disgrace, and I would expect Rovers to deal with him.

This reminds me of when Keane ended Alfie Ing Haaland's career at least with an awful challenege, stood over him shouting at him, then admitted in his book, he would end Haalands career, after a challange between the 2 previously resulted in Keane getting badly injured.

Utter rubbish there is no comparison at all, bloody drama queen. So what if Diouf doesn't care if he's broke his leg. He didn't break it ffs.

Well having seen our highlights, or lack of them just then, I am still undecided. Need to see a slow motion replay of the challenge, looks like a 50/50 to me.

If Diouf has made the comment about not caring if his leg is broke, he is a disgrace TCO, i'm sorry but you just dont say things like that about fellow professional's, they guys career could be in ruins.

At the moment its just a quote on the QPR website, so not reading to much into it. All i am saying if its proved to be true, I would expect Rovers to do something about it. Personally i'm quite shocked anyone would find a comment like that acceptable. Much the same as Warnock calling Diouf a sewer rat is not acceptable.

Utter rubbish there is no comparison at all, bloody drama queen. So what if Diouf doesn't care if he's broke his leg. He didn't break it ffs.

Who you calling drama queen? I said it reminded me of the whole incident with Keane and Haaland. At no point in my post did I compare the 2 incidents.

• Backroom

When did the old sticks and stones rule stop being relevent?

Edit: Just seen it, for me it looks like Mackie has gone over the ball, now what if it was Givet had a broken leg and Mackie was fine? Many would say he's a disgrace, that fact doesn't change because of the outcome.

Diouf makes life hard for himself sometimes but I choose to believe today he was just defending a teammate who looked to be in a bad way.

Edit: Having said all that I hope Mackie recovers quick, it was a poor tackle but I doubt it was premeditated and I'm sure Diouf would say the same after the adrenaline has worn off.

Things said in the heat of the momenet should never be taken out of perspective, EHD had every right to be concerned after the challenge because it looked a nasty one for Givet which he was'nt the one flying in.

If Warnock Confronted EHD in the tunnel he should have known better, he could have earned a slap himself, as much as EHD is not my favourite player you really dont ever try to wind up a true wind up merchant because you will end up looking the fool as he did in his interview.

Good win though, well done the Rovers :brfcsmilie:

Looking at the masses of empty seats at Ewood today it appears that you are well and truly in the minority Gav. It seemed today that many people took the opportunity to register their disapproval of the new owners after the events of the past month. I dread to think what the attendance would have been but for the excellent result against Lpool on Wednesday night.

Get a grip.

Usual Cup game v minnows at Ewood. Underperformance yet victorious.

Diouf M guilty of missing sitters repairs all his efforts. Diouf EH was awful whilst Hoilet had his best game.

Nelsen, Pedersen again the mainstays. Benjani poor as was Morris when he came on.

Hanley is proving he is not far off making the grade at such a young age whilst Lowe was impressive if constrained. He is a good prospect like Jones.

Selgado should move on at the end of the season. Half decent game today but to slow.

If wenbring in Adams, Duff, Cruz and this Barca reserve I'd be delighted.

It's like the Souey era, quite a few need to go. Selgado, Roberts, Chimbonda, Brown, kinish, Andrews, a centre half, Benjani, Grella, Emerton?

Agree with most of that, except Pedersen was awful until the last 15 minutes (first half young Lowe easily overshadowed him in midfield) and his set-pieces were largely dire, Morris did quite well, and I thought Salgado was excellent - he and Hoilett were the only ones who properly put a shift in.

When did the old sticks and stones rule stop being relevent?

Edit: Just seen it, for me it looks like Mackie has gone over the ball to do Givet, now what if it was Givet had a broken leg and Mackie was fine? Many would say he's a disgrace, that fact doesn't change because of the outcome.

Diouf makes life hard for himself sometimes but I choose to believe today he was just defending a teammate who looked to be in a bad way.

Agree entirely mate, i was at the game but didnt really see the challenge and the highlights were crap, but if your saying it was a bad challenge on Givet, Diouf has every right to have a go at Mackie, its a natural reaction to defend a team matein situations like that.

The only thing I have a problem with, IF it is true the comment he has alledgedlly made to Warnock at the end, it just looks really bad, and doesnt do our reputation any favours at all. Like I said its on the QPR website so i take it with a pinch of salt.

Archived