BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

Hmm, interesting choice, not sure how it would pan out though.

The Getafe part of his career sounds good but was Laudrup a hands-on manager or was he the type who just motivate the players and leave coaching/tactics to his assistant? Hoping it's the latter.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happy enough with him, but was hoping for for Clarke or Wilkins. SEM/Kentaro client, hmm, not a big surprise that tbh.

Jensen got some good reviews while at Getafe, and in fact was the man calling the shots.

agree, dont see the hype in it, and i didnt sit up either. He has got the pedigree, imo a slightly better assistant manager than Clarke, but not as good as Wilkins

agree, dont see the hype in it, and i didnt sit up either. He has got the pedigree, imo a slightly better assistant manager than Clarke, but not as good as Wilkins

Why all the hype from Kean about sitting up and taking notice?

Thats the rub for me.

Maybe this appointment (if it does actually happen) excites Kean but he/Venky's/SEM whoever else opens their mouth about Rovers needs to understand that the fans will take many comments literally.

I'm not 'excited' at all about this nor will anyone 'sit up and take notice'. But no-one needed to. He could have just signed him on quietly today and it would probably have been greeted with more understanding (SEM link apart).

Badly handled PR again (and once again, not from the lips of JW).

Not really sure how anyone can be too opinionated on Jensen to be honest. I have no idea if he is any good or not. But i could have said the same about any number of our previous assistants. Even after they have been and gone! Its a position which rarely gets any plaudits other than from the manager who employed him.

The SEM link is suspicious but nothing more. This is pure speculation, but wouldn't Kean have been coaching in Spain at the same time as Jensen? Maybe attended courses together or he simply heard good things about him during that spell. Who knows.

Either way, no point in getting too bothered by it. I'd say things have been going OK under Kean thus far. Nothing has changed really. We still just have to see how things pan out.

People on this MB often has very made-up opinions.

I was one of the big fans of Michael Laudrup and wanted him to come here when we appointed pincy instead. Getting his assistant who apparently was the mastermind behind the team to Rovers now is great!

He used to be a central midfielder himself and can give our midfielders some pointers and at the same time he will reckon a midfielder when he sees one and hopefully bring in someone very good from spain etc. I wonder if we will be able to loan with an option to buy Esteban Granero???? He played under Laudrup and Faxe in Getafe and isnt getting much time on the pitch at Real at the moment. Fantastic player who I would love to see here!

The fact that Getafe played fantastic football fills me with excitement.

No moe 4-5-1 hoofball according to this

People on this MB often has very made-up opinions.

I was one of the big fans of Michael Laudrup and wanted him to come here when we appointed pincy instead. Getting his assistant who apparently was the mastermind behind the team to Rovers now is great!

He used to be a central midfielder himself and can give our midfielders some pointers and at the same time he will reckon a midfielder when he sees one and hopefully bring in someone very good from spain etc. I wonder if we will be able to loan with an option to buy Esteban Granero???? He played under Laudrup and Faxe in Getafe and isnt getting much time on the pitch at Real at the moment. Fantastic player who I would love to see here!

The fact that Getafe played fantastic football fills me with excitement.

No moe 4-5-1 hoofball according to this

They still do.. unlucky to lose against Madrid recently

John Jensen is a great Assistant manager, he likes to play up front football also. I think he is a great motivator also.

Looking forward to see him in our beloved club.

Spot on Wandel, as far as I am concerned, if it is Jensen, I think it's a great appointment, I have it on good authority that he is highly respected, sounds positive to me.

John "Faxe" Jensen have won the Danish league with Herfoelge, assistent for Michael Laudrup in Brondby, Getafe and Spartak Moscow, he has been head coach at Randers FC. His track record is ok.

Urgil,

Faxe? is that a Danish word and what is its meaning?

faxe_bg.jpg

Maybe Wandel or Urgil can shed some light on why he is being called faxe and if it has any link to the danish brewery.

In that case then, can I suggest Dunny's nickname should be reserved to Thwaites?

Tugay's should be Carlsberg (If Carlsberg made Midfielders)

Jansen = Stella Artois

Savage = White Lightening

Buckfast = Andy Todd

I will try to translate this:

" John Faxe spillede i perioden 1985-99 i tre omgang for Brøndby og var senere også assistent for Michael Laudrup i hans fire år som Brønbytræner – så på den heroiske Faxe-tribune og ude på Vestegnen som sådan er han en af de store helte. Mangt en gang, når alt var lukket og slukket efter en Superligakamp på Brøndby stadion, har der stadig været et knasende ekko af en Faxe-tackling! Det skal dog siges, han ikke kaldes Faxe pga. sit nære tilhørsforhold til supporterne på tribunen. Som ungdomsspiller blev den livlige John efter sigende ”døbt” i Faxe – vist nok Faxe sodavand. "

John "Faxe" Jensen played in the periode 1985-99 in 3 occasions for Brøndby IF, and later as you know Assistant manager for Michael Laudrup.

John was a hero on the FAXE stand / tribune, because of the commitment and his 100% effort in every match.

His nickname does not come from his close relationship to the FAXE stand, it comes from his youth time when he was "baptized" in FAXE soda.

Proberley when he got older he also got baptized in FAXE beer ;-)

I think this has the potential to be a very positive and exciting appointment.

The circumstances surrounding his appointment sadly stink and that does not refer to Kentaro.

However, with the manager and assistant manager being Kentaro cliens the implications for the Rovers are completely clear for anyne who cares to look.

If you are in any doubt about how Kentaro clients stick together, just listen to Charlie Nicholas.

His nickname does not come from his close relationship to the FAXE stand, it comes from his youth time when he was "baptized" in FAXE soda.

Proberley when he got older he also got baptized in FAXE beer ;-)

faxe-kondi50cl.jpg

Best Soda. Always drink it when Im in Denmark!

What connection did Dalglish have with Ray Harford prior to him being installed as the assistant manager?

I think they had been friends for quite some time John.

Surely it's important that the manager/assistant at least know how each other work and have the same outlook on how the game should be played? Maybe they do, I'm just making the point.

Archived