BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

Great news folks !

Instead of an experienced hand to help our greenhorn manager we now have another Kentaro/SEM client on board.

Any truth in the rumour fans also have to be Kentaro/SEM clients before they let us in Ewood ?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Jim in not happy with development shock.

Didnt see you much in the Liverpool thread after your prediction of a battering. Funny that a cynic could say you are enjoin focussing on the negatives.

Why not let this one play out and see how he does before panning it?

Jim in not happy with development shock.

Didnt see you much in the Liverpool thread after your prediction of a battering. Funny that a cynic could say you are enjoin focussing on the negatives.

Why not let this one play out and see how he does before panning it?

spot on, how miserable are you Jim!

But after Kean said to prepare to stand up and take notice i'm a little underwhelmed.

Me too.

Hoping someone like Maj will know abit more about him & his style??

Must admit iv never heard of him as a coach/ assistant manager before - I just remember him from Arsenal.

What worries me is that Roy Keane is

(a.) out of work

(b.) not British

(c.) has pedigree (league winning captain, management experience)

(d.) people would sit up and take notice

I really hope all of that is just coincidence and I'm seeing things that aren't there!

There was nothing there to see anyway. There are hundreds of non-British managers out of work that we'd have heard of, that seems to be the only basis for that wild guess.

He's not even an assistant manager, and never has been.

According to D.M., on a six month deal.

Not exactly a picture of stability for attracting new players or keeping existing ones!

To be expected I'd say - They're not going to give Steve Kean's assistant a longer contract than him...!

Typical reaction on here... We've brought in an ex International midfielder who has experience of English football as a player and Scandanavia & Spain as a manager/assistant, yet people still moan... :wacko:

Underwhelmed, I think is the best way to express my feelings.

Suck it and see.

Have to say I'm wary of the SEM link, just spent some time searching for a link between Kean and Jensen the only one I can find is they were in Spain together in 2007 Kean at Sociedad and Jensen at Getafe.

Managed to miss the Jensen stuff before I posted a minute ago.

This really, really worries me. I doubt Jensen is Kean's first choice as his assistant, why would he be? If Kean is reduced to being a 'yes' man and taking a Kentaro client for his assistant, what chance do we have for him to have a say in transfers?

Jensen might be good, he might not. That's not my concern right now, this is something more serious.

I'm a bit disappointed we haven't got someone with a bit more experience, or indeed any in the Premiership non-playing given that this is Kean's first job. There is the obvious Danish connection with Laudrup and Jensen. Nice to hear he did well at Getafe though. At least we've someone on board and of course, we've no idea of as to whoever else might have been available, gettable and willing to work with Kean.

So I'll keep an open mind for now and welcome him to the club.

I'm non-plussed as to his agent. He's an assistant manager and unlikely to have much financial input so I really can't that being a big deal here and now.

Managed to miss the Jensen stuff before I posted a minute ago.

This really, really worries me. I doubt Jensen is Kean's first choice as his assistant, why would he be? If Kean is reduced to being a 'yes' man and taking a Kentaro client for his assistant, what chance do we have for him to have a say in transfers?

Jensen might be good, he might not. That's not my concern right now, this is something more serious.

We have no idea how Jensen was selected so there's really no point speculating about it.

The link with Kentaro does seem coincidental, perhaps Kentaro have a large number of agents on their books and Kean had his pick.

As I've posted all along, I really can't see the problem with us picking up players/staff from Kentaro. All that matters at the end of the day is "Are they any good?"

Everyone is represented by someone.

I cant see how anyone can be over thrilled or over disappointed with the appointment.

Kean must like him, he's no amateur, so lets roll with it and get behind him.

No one on here, at the club or at Venky's knows how this will turn out.

Archie Knox was widely considered one of the best coaches in the country during the 90s yet he was part of the Ince era at Rovers.

Conversely

Eddie Niedzwiecki came as a nobody and was part of a Golden era.

We have no idea how Jensen was selected so there's really no point speculating about it.

The link with Kentaro does seem coincidental, perhaps Kentaro have a large number of agents on their books and Kean had his pick.

As I've posted all along, I really can't see the problem with us picking up players/staff from Kentaro. All that matters at the end of the day is "Are they any good?"

Everyone is represented by someone.

Of course there is a point speculating about it...do you honestly think we'd have appointed Jensen if he wasn't a Kentaro client?

Rather than asking "are they any good?", the question should be "is this the best man we can possibly get?". It's going to be a massive coincidence if the best man for the job also happens to be on Kentaro's books.

I can't believe this doesn't worry you at least a little bit.

I think he will be a good appointment! I watched Getafe a few times under laudrup and Jensen! Very nice football; pass and move, free flowing, short play and long switches - I was quite impressed! It made me watch them more actually!

On a different note has kean got his badges?

I'm sure I've read, yes he does.

I think he will be a good appointment! I watched Getafe a few times under laudrup and Jensen! Very nice football; pass and move, free flowing, short play and long switches - I was quite impressed! It made me watch them more actually!

On a different note has kean got his badges?

I think he has got all the badges

Jensen may or may not turn out to be an excellent assistant.

I think though the problem is PR related again. The hints that Kean was dropping suggested it was going to be going to be a very well known name, and as someone said earlier it is very underwhelming.

The Kentaro/SEM link seems reasonable in the circumstances. It doesn't seem odd as we needed somebody at short notice and can initially only guarantee them 6 months work. If it was any other sort of business they would use an agency to find staff in those circumstances. The fact that the manager (Kean) has used Kentaro/SEM for himself makes it only sensible that this would be the agency he would use to find an assistant.

I think it would be much more worrying if they were bringing Jensen in and immediately offering him a 4 and a half year contract.

What worries me is that Roy Keane is

(a.) out of work

(b.) not British

(c.) has pedigree (league winning captain, management experience)

(d.) people would sit up and take notice

I really hope all of that is just coincidence and I'm seeing things that aren't there!

No.

Besides the fact that we've got two sources coinciding on Jensen, any common sense would reject Roy Keane. That two faced, arrogant t*t can go pound sand-- I hope Rovers NEVER extend a life line to that SOB.

I remember Jensen as being a steady midfielder who looked like one of Harry Enfield's Scousers and that he had a goalscoring drought that went on for years. I also remember him being a regular in a very effective Arsenal side and scoring Denmark's winner in the Euro finals.

Like, I suspect 95% of folk on here,I know next to nothing about him as a coach.

It's frustrating and infuriating to see his appointment being greeted with derision on this mb. Of course people are entitled to express their opinion but it seems that every decision taken by the new ownership is instantly slagged off or written off as being implemented as part of some Kentaro con.

If potential Rovers recruits read this forum we'd be lucky to appoint anybody at all.

Archived