BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jensen is a good assistant manager. This is good for the club, he's been manager at Herfölge and did very good at Bröndby and Getafe, but at Randers as manager it didn't work out, things like that happen but as an assistant manager its different, he and Kean is both around 40-45 so quite a young team, and Jensen is still very skillful on the pitch and can learn players more creativity.

What has he been doing since he was sacked on 6th October 2009 by Randers FC?

Great point - he's either loaded and not minded to work, therefore you'd question his drive, or he's had no other offers which would tell you something.

Great point - he's either loaded and not minded to work, therefore you'd question his drive, or he's had no other offers which would tell you something.

Oh Lord.

Do you have to be negative about everything?????

Maybe he has enough money to take November and December off with his family and celebrate a quiet Christmas while looking for another job he would like.

He hadnt got his pro license, posted the link a couple of weeks back!!

He has got his Pro License Kelbo, he is in fact a "trainer" who is supporting Dunn whilst he is completing his badges. Nicko confirmed this a few weeks ago when I asked.

What connection did Dalglish have with Ray Harford prior to him being installed as the assistant manager?

Kenny befriended Harford before their Rovers' days. Remember reading an article on how Harford said that Kenny once phoned him out of the blue for a chat and that was the start of an ongoing friendship. Almost certain that Kenny also tried to get him to Liverpool.

Why all the hype from Kean about sitting up and taking notice? If anything this appointment seems slight odd or maybe not if you catch my drift...

Spot on - this is the point.

If he'd said that we hope to secure a number 2 next week, supporters' expectations wouldn't have been set so high.

Exactly the same with saying we'd have 2 new players pre the QPR match.

He needs to get savvy PDQ.

He has got his Pro License Kelbo, he is in fact a "trainer" who is supporting Dunn whilst he is completing his badges. Nicko confirmed this a few weeks ago when I asked.

|No he hasnt,.

England[edit] Qualified in 2002Dick Bate

Noel Blake

Terry Burton

Tony Dorigo

Steve Cotterill

Mervyn Day

Dario Gradi

Stewart Houston

Martin Hunter

Chris Hughton

Sammy Lee[1]

Lawrie Sanchez[1]

Alan Smith

[edit] Qualified in 2003Stuart Baxter

Phil Brown

Willie Donachie

Joe Joyce

Derek Fazackerley

Stuart Gray

John McDermott

Mark McGhee

Alan Pardew

Stuart Pearce[1]

Nigel Pearson

David Platt

Hope Powell - the first female to qualify

Nigel Spackman

Dave Watson

Peter Withe

Nigel Worthington

[edit] Qualified in 2004Mark Bowen[1]

Paul Bracewell

John Carver

Stephen Constantine

Steve Coppell

Kevin Dillon

Iain Dowie

Wally Downes

David Geddis

Joe Jordan

Bryan Klug

Nicky Law

Brian Laws

Steve McClaren[1]

Neil McDonald

Richard Money

Tony Mowbray

Sean O'Driscoll

John Peacock

Geoff Pike

Steve Round

Kevin Sheedy

Paul Simpson

Steve Walford

Mark Hughes

[edit] Qualified in 2005Ian Atkins

Andy Barlow

Frank Barlow

Kevin Blackwell

George Burley

Ian Butterworth

Terry Connor

Simon Davey

Bryan Klug

Colin Lee

Gary Megson

John Morling

Phil Parkinson

Bryan Robson

Glynn Snodin

Sam Allardyce[1]

Steve McClaren

[edit] Qualified in 2006Martin Allen[2]

Kevin Bond[2]

Aidy Boothroyd[2]

Steve Clarke[2]

John Collins[2]

Paul Davis[2]

Nigel Gibbs[2]

Kenny Jackett[2]

Martin Ling[2]

John McMahon[2]

Keith Millen[2]

Eddie Niedzwiecki[2]

Chris Ramsey[2]

Martin Scott[2]

René Meulensteen[2]

Dave Penney[2]

Neil Thompson[2]

Jason Withe[2]

[edit] Qualified in 2007Tony Adams[2]

Keith Alexander[2]

Warren Barton[2]

Steve Bleasdale[2]

Martin Foyle[2]

Steve Holland[2]

Chris Hutchings[2]

Alex Inglethorpe[2]

Gary Johnson[2]

Kevin Keen[2]

Alan Knill[2]

Kevin MacDonald[2]

Mick McCarthy[2]

Iffy Onuora[2]

Jimmy Phillips[2]

Mark Robson[2]

Glenn Roeder[2]

Leroy Rosenior[2]

Steve Rutter[2]

Terry Westley[2]

Guy Whittingham[2]

[edit] Qualified in 2008Gary Ablett[2]

Steve Agnew[2]

Kevin Ball[3]

Naseem Bashir[4]

Steve Beaglehole[5]

Paul Brush[2]

John Dungworth[2]

Siggi Eyjolfsson[2]

Martin Gray[2]

Ricki Herbert[2]

Jim Hicks[2]

Roy Keane[3]

Mo Marley[2] - the second female to qualify

Ian McParland[6]

Dave Parnaby[2]

Mark Proctor[2]

Brendan Rodgers[2]

John Schofield[2]

Dean Smith[2]

Adrian Whitbread[2]

Russell Wilcox[2]

[edit] Qualified in 2009Gareth Southgate[7]

Mike Phelan[7]

Graeme Jones[7]

2010 list not yet qualified!

Oh Lord.

Do you have to be negative about everything?????

Maybe he has enough money to take November and December off with his family and celebrate a quiet Christmas while looking for another job he would like.

It was October 2009 so about 14 months.

Oh Lord.

Do you have to be negative about everything????? - I'm not, clearly you haven't seen all my posts!

Maybe he has enough money to take November and December off with his family and celebrate a quiet Christmas while looking for another job he would like. - Check your dates, hasn't worked since October 2009 and not October 2010!

Kelbo...they're all British, if that is the entire list then there isn't a single foreign coach with the license, and I don't believe that is true. The title of that list even says 'England Qualified'.

If you go onto wiki it gives you the link, Italy, France, Spain etc, not on those either!!

People on this MB often has very made-up opinions.

I was one of the big fans of Michael Laudrup and wanted him to come here when we appointed pincy instead. Getting his assistant who apparently was the mastermind behind the team to Rovers now is great!

He used to be a central midfielder himself and can give our midfielders some pointers and at the same time he will reckon a midfielder when he sees one and hopefully bring in someone very good from spain etc. I wonder if we will be able to loan with an option to buy Esteban Granero???? He played under Laudrup and Faxe in Getafe and isnt getting much time on the pitch at Real at the moment. Fantastic player who I would love to see here!

The fact that Getafe played fantastic football fills me with excitement.

No moe 4-5-1 hoofball according to this

mastermind behind laudrup, are you ###### kiding me..? he was no such thing, he was fired by randers, jsut as quickly, as ince was by us and considering randers had a squad better then ours in relation to league strenght, that was quite an accomplishment

furthermore faxe couldnt speak spanish fluently whgen they started in getafe and i have a hunch his spanish still isnt that good, so if he masterminded anything, he would have done so by sign language.

his football philosophy is the only thing, that is good, as he is the type who wants posession football.

I'm a fan and know very little about the organization of any club's coaching set-up so I'm not qualified to speak specifically about whether or not this is a good appointment.

However, I've been watching football long enough to know that quite a lot of players who go into management discover that their best role is as an Assistant Manager; rather than a Manager.

For me, Ray Harford was, and Ray Wilkins is, an example of one such; for all I [and many of us on this Board?] know, John Jensen may well be another.

I'm a fan and know very little about the organization of any club's coaching set-up so I'm not qualified to speak specifically about whether or not this is a good appointment.

However, I've been watching football long enough to know that quite a lot of players who go into management discover that their best role is as an Assistant Manager; rather than a Manager.

For me, Ray Harford was, and Ray Wilkins is, an example of one such; for all I [and many of us on this Board?] know, John Jensen may well be another.

Add Kidd to that list especially as we learnt the hard way.

If you go onto wiki it gives you the link, Italy, France, Spain etc, not on those either!!

If what you say is true, why has the media not mentioned this as it is a legal requirement to manage a PL club. It was the first thing mentioned when Ince was announced as Blackburn Rovers manager.

As Nicko stated if it had not been for Kean then Coleman would not have become Fulham manager as Coleman did not possess the badges but Kean did.

Like I said to Maj, this guy was before my time as a player and not really the awe-inspiring name Kean was plugging. Anyway, sounds like he has some good experience working with Laudrup in La Liga and will enhance Kean's new style of playing. Good luck to him!

Archived