SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

den's intuition.

Bloody obvious innit? On Saturday he knew who it was. On Monday night he didn't.

Bloomin 'eck, open your eyes to what's going on.

I know there's been a slight delay about announcing Jensen's appointment. I wasn't aware of any genuine doubt either he was still coming at some point or that it might not be him but someone else and Kean doesn't know what's going on.

It seems you obviously know better and I will bow to your superior judgment if that turns out to be the case.

No. Basically Keen believed he was getting John Jensen. Someone's since told him he might not.

It's so obvious who's running the show.

Rovers' management under the Walkers did not behave in this fashion.

Is Maradona coming-in as manager next month (read all recent Maradona quotes and what Desai said about Maradona, “We thought about Maradona as a coach after we took over. Talks were at the initial stage then, but there is no development on that front yet”) when Kean will revert to an assistant / coaching role. This is not as far fetched as would first seem given our new owners' behaviour / declarations so far.

I know there's been a slight delay about announcing Jensen's appointment. I wasn't aware of any genuine doubt either he was still coming at some point or that it might not be him but someone else and Kean doesn't know what's going on.

It seems you obviously know better and I will bow to your superior judgment if that turns out to be the case.

Simon, I'm just going off a link that I read somewhere on here, that he's just a name on a list and no decision had been made.

If that link's wrong, well the guy who posted it will just have to hold his hand up.

Simon, I'm just going off a link that I read somewhere on here, that he's just a name on a list and no decision had been made.

If that link's wrong, well the guy who posted it will just have to hold his hand up.

The only link to Jensen is the one that appeared in the Daily Mail.

Another train of thought is Nicko's theory that they are going to unviel Jensen (or whoever it is) at the same time as Kean gets a permanent contract

Why on earth will I have to hold my hands up?? I'm only posting news for others to read who may not see it. It's not me who has wrote the blummin article is it!!

Yes, people with agendas

agenda.. again..

Den's pessimism more like ;)

pessimism.. wow.. new word..

I read that as Kean has a few people in mind, but I have no agenda against Kean so discount my theory

agenda.. oh back to normal

ive never come across a person, on a messageboard, that seems so desperate, to label others opinions as agenda or pessimism. you´ve constantly whined about others being repetetive, perhaps its about time, you had a closer look at your own contribution.

Why on earth will I have to hold my hands up?? I'm only posting news for others to read who may not see it. It's not me who has wrote the blummin article is it!!

It was a joke Sweet. Sorry, should have put in a smilie - although sometimes missing the smilie out, gives us a flavour of dry humour. Only sometimes though.

:)

When I asked @PaulPlunkettLT about the Guardian story, he said this;-

@cryerrovers @paulplunkettLT The Guardian reporting this a.m. that #Rovers have denied Jensen is imminent. Any ideas? http://bit.ly/gYuqG4
@deftangel He's been at Brockhall but we are still waiting for an announcement

Asked him whether that was today, as of yet not replied. He might not. He was however, just asking about Jensen's nickname (Faxe, after a Danish beer apparently) which suggests to me a story of some sort is in the works.

So if I was a betting man, I'd say he's going to be our assistant and Venky's are dicking about again if they denied it to anyone.

It is of course possible Jensen was just invited to Brockhall for a chat and another candidate will rock up tomorrow but too many people seem to have a different end of the stick for me.

Presumably Jensen hasn't been living here so there are plenty of logistics for him to sort out?

EDIT: The following line was added to Wikipedia yesterday at 2.15pm

On 10th January 2011 he signed a 6 month contract with Blackburn Rovers to become assistant manager and work alongside Steve Kean.

IP address was from the UK. It's their only edit of Wikipedia that I can see.

The story of why he is called FAXE.

John "Faxe" Jensen played in the periode 1985-99 in 3 occasions for Brøndby IF, and later as you know Assistant manager for Michael Laudrup.

John was a hero on the FAXE stand / tribune, because of the commitment and his 100% effort in every match.

His nickname does not come from his close relationship to the FAXE stand, it comes from his youth time when he was "baptized" in FAXE soda.

Proberley when he got older he also got baptized in FAXE beer :rover:

No. Basically Keen believed he was getting John Jensen. Someone's since told him he might not.

It's so obvious who's running the show.

Or ... Keen thought he was getting someone else who went elsewhere at the last minute and Jenson still needs to be persuaded?

Out of interest, does anyone else think the potential/impending appointment of Jensen is slightly odd?

Yes I do, Kean said he would make people sit up and take notice, Jenson, however good he may be doesnt do that, I rather think that there was someone else coming in until he was lured away quite quickly to a bigger club ;)

Archived