BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

2+2=5?

Have to wonder if Steve Clarke was the Plan A assistant coach but got a better offer as Kenny's number 3?

Apparently he took training with Little Sam this morning. Wonder if he was in the area? Certainly fits in with the 'sit up and take notice' comment. Sadly everyone's taking notice of Liverpool right now.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2+2=5?

Have to wonder if Steve Clarke was the Plan A assistant coach but got a better offer as Kenny's number 3?

Apparently he took training with Little Sam this morning. Wonder if he was in the area? Certainly fits in with the 'sit up and take notice' comment. Sadly everyone's taking notice of Liverpool right now.

I think Kenny phoned him yesterday, when Clarke was in London. He showed up at Melwood first thing in the morning today.

The only problem with SEM/Kentaro is it leaves John Williams in a redundant role with little to do.

apart from actually running the club.

And negotiate transfers

we will have a new assistant manager in place soon, no time period though, but it should be sorted out. that is all he had to say.

Queue all the knicker twisters shouting "WHEN EXACTLY????!!!!!" :wacko:

Surelt they will wait to announce it on the same day they give kean the managers job on a permanent basis.

Is that not supposed to be later this week?

This could be possible I think. Didn't Nicko post something at the weekend about Kean getting a permanent contract soon? Could be finalising that?

Well I've heard the opposite from a source

Well i hope yours is more reliable than mine because the last thing i want is John Williams to leave, i am praying that the owners are going to fulfill there promises because all i care about is BRFC and have for 50 years im not trying to be negative Cruz. Sorry if it came across like i was.

Well i hope yours is more reliable than mine because the last thing i want is John Williams to leave, i am praying that the owners are going to fulfill there promises because all i care about is BRFC and have for 50 years im not trying to be negative Cruz. Sorry if it came across like i was.

Yes I agree 100%

King Kenny has already said that he is happy with the structure on TV tonight.

The obvious answer to that is "well he would do, wouldn't he!" He's really not going to say anything else second day in.

Kenny will be his own man I imagine. Doubt he'll be told who he can sign and who he can't.

This is just a theory - but I think it is a reasonable one given the evidence at hand.

Steve Kean is discussing and finalising a long-term contract. Mrs D said he would be offered one last Monday. They have stuck to their word and come up with one.

The give-away - surprisingly not picked up - was when Kean said he would have his own staff coming in when asked on Friday.

Surely you would coincide sorting out the manager's contract with sorting out his new member of staff...and possibly other staff affected by the 'formalisation' of his position?

Is it me or is that a simple explanation for the present events and time-frame?

We know Venky's want the manager to stay. We know John Jensen is his new addition.

So, why not announce both together?

The obvious answer to that is "well he would do, wouldn't he!" He's really not going to say anything else second day in.

Kenny will be his own man I imagine. Doubt he'll be told who he can sign and who he can't.

Kenny can spot a player, if he finds one he will sign him, Kenny wont put up with agents who fire poor players at him!

Why would he fire poor players at him? It's his job to find good players, that's why they pay him.

Agents represent lots of players, they are not scouts, many of the lads they take on board are raw, before they have made it, they take a gamble, Kentaro have Keiron Gibbs at Arsenal, great young player but was signed by them before he came to the fore, so they do get some deadwood, just like with a cabaret club, they get an agency to provide them with acts and there are some bad ones who appear, yet they keep getting work!

But they still have good ones, its how things go, even our Keef has an agent :wacko:

The crux to this whole bitchslapfest about Kentaro's involvement is how they will they approach their role, such as we understand it. One camp seems convinced that they will fill the club with poor players/coaches/managers who we would not have considered in times gone by. The other camp is that they will get us access to better/players/coaches/managers than would otherwise have been the case.

No-one knows which will happen as no-one has any line into Kentaro, but each scenario can be analysed for a common sense check.

If they see Rovers as a means to get their deadwood clients employed, then they are taking a big risk for what to me seems a modest reward. Let's say in 12 months time they have got their uesless clients earning 20% of the Rover wage bill, which would be 10 million quid. Their share of that would be what, 10%? That's a million a year until they get found out. For that they run the risk of losing whatever they earn as a retainer from Venkys plus, and this is the biggy, their credibility with any future clients for this kind of consultancy arrangement. If it was just an agent, who seem to have no limit to their depravity, then perhaps. But why would Kentaro, who seem a reputable outfit, put their reputation on the line for so little?

Conversely, how realistic is it that they can persuade their good clients who wouldn't otherwise have been interested to join the Ewood bandwagon? Two reasons spring to mind: a) footballers are thick and can be sweet-talked by city slicker agents, and B) they have a much greater global reach than little old Blackburn had before. We know from the Souey/Mckay days that managers don't exactly scan the entire world for players.

Of course, it's too early to say which scenario will come about, but I struggle to see the business logic for the first one. Certainly, on the face of it, the appointment of JJ doesn't look like an unemployable dolloper getting a free ride when compared to the 'bessy mates' approach that has been the usual case in the past.

The crux to this whole bitchslapfest about Kentaro's involvement is how they will they approach their role, such as we understand it. One camp seems convinced that they will fill the club with poor players/coaches/managers who we would not have considered in times gone by. The other camp is that they will get us access to better/players/coaches/managers than would otherwise have been the case.

No-one knows which will happen as no-one has any line into Kentaro, but each scenario can be analysed for a common sense check.

If they see Rovers as a means to get their deadwood clients employed, then they are taking a big risk for what to me seems a modest reward. Let's say in 12 months time they have got their uesless clients earning 20% of the Rover wage bill, which would be 10 million quid. Their share of that would be what, 10%? That's a million a year until they get found out. For that they run the risk of losing whatever they earn as a retainer from Venkys plus, and this is the biggy, their credibility with any future clients for this kind of consultancy arrangement. If it was just an agent, who seem to have no limit to their depravity, then perhaps. But why would Kentaro, who seem a reputable outfit, put their reputation on the line for so little?

Conversely, how realistic is it that they can persuade their good clients who wouldn't otherwise have been interested to join the Ewood bandwagon? Two reasons spring to mind: a) footballers are thick and can be sweet-talked by city slicker agents, and B) they have a much greater global reach than little old Blackburn had before. We know from the Souey/Mckay days that managers don't exactly scan the entire world for players.

Of course, it's too early to say which scenario will come about, but I struggle to see the business logic for the first one. Certainly, on the face of it, the appointment of JJ doesn't look like an unemployable dolloper getting a free ride when compared to the 'bessy mates' approach that has been the usual case in the past.

Take your point, on the flipside, they have taken one hell of a risk at the very top with an untried, inexperienced manager looking after Rovers, time will tell.

The key points you have missed are these,in regards to the assistant Kean quoted - the appointment of an assistant manager will "ALMOST definitely happen" on Monday. Almost been the key word, and the fact that Monday is not yeat over.

In regards to the players, Kean again said he had hoped to have 2 players in before the QPR game. Again the key word been HOPED.

No promises were ever made about players or the assistant, so how are they giving anyone false hope? Kean is not dealing with the transfers, it's JW, so he would only be able to go off what he has been told.

"ALMOST definitely happen Monday" why even mention Monday? I know it's not over yet, and "we hope to get players in before the QPR game" They are giving fans false hope by even mentioning a day and date.

So were you expecting any players to be arriving before the QPR game? Were you expecting to hear today that we have a new assistant manager?

I prefered it when you signed a player without the manager telling us it's might happen before a certain game.

This is just a theory - but I think it is a reasonable one given the evidence at hand.

Steve Kean is discussing and finalising a long-term contract. Mrs D said he would be offered one last Monday. They have stuck to their word and come up with one.

The give-away - surprisingly not picked up - was when Kean said he would have his own staff coming in when asked on Friday.

Surely you would coincide sorting out the manager's contract with sorting out his new member of staff...and possibly other staff affected by the 'formalisation' of his position?

Is it me or is that a simple explanation for the present events and time-frame?

We know Venky's want the manager to stay. We know John Jensen is his new addition.

So, why not announce both together?

I apologise in advance if already covered - but what is your view on Jensen ?

Archived