SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This aint good.

Seems like we can't even secure an assistant manager now.

Steve Keane needs to think carefully about future announcements following his proclamations last week about 2 new signings before the QPR match and a new assistant today.

This is all becoming very, very embarassing!

You really are a glass half-empty chap aren't you...

You really are a glass half-empty chap aren't you...

Not at all Yeti-Dog, you got me wrong - can't afford to be in my line of work. However, at the moment, there's not even a trickle into the glass to dampen the thirst!

Venkys and Rovers here is a little tip on marketing, always over deliver rather than under deliver! ie don't promise something you can't deliver! Don't tell us players will be signing before the QPR game, don't tell us a assistant manager will be appointed on Monday! Just get on with your jobs!

You are giving the fans false hope!

The key points you have missed are these,in regards to the assistant Kean quoted - the appointment of an assistant manager will "ALMOST definitely happen" on Monday. Almost been the key word, and the fact that Monday is not yeat over.

In regards to the players, Kean again said he had hoped to have 2 players in before the QPR game. Again the key word been HOPED.

No promises were ever made about players or the assistant, so how are they giving anyone false hope? Kean is not dealing with the transfers, it's JW, so he would only be able to go off what he has been told.

This aint good.

Seems like we can't even secure an assistant manager now.

Steve Keane needs to think carefully about future announcements following his proclamations last week about 2 new signings before the QPR match and a new assistant today.

This is all becoming very, very embarassing!

Do you just go around moping all of the time?

There is an obvious reason why the announcement will be timed.

But keep chasing your tail like a slethering dog while you are working it out...

Poor PR again. Why mention dates ahead of time? :rolleyes:

Here's another one.

If the manager says he is trying to do things it will be because he is trying to do things.

Work the assistant manager thing out. It's not too hard.

But keep chasing your tail like a slethering dog while you are working it out...

Here's another one.

If the manager says he is trying to do things it will be because he is trying to do things.

Brilliantly said Nicko, i'm assuming by that we are set to unvail a signing, therefore will announce the 2 at the same press conference. 2 for the price of one??

Brilliantly said Nicko, i'm assuming by that we are set to unvail a signing, therefore will announce the 2 at the same press conference. 2 for the price of one??

Or alternatively we are about to appoint Maradona as the Asst Mgr!!!:tu:

Kean 'HOPED' to have new signings by Monday and said he an assistant manager would 'ALMOST DEFINITELY' be announced on Monday.

However some think they were both firm timetables and have twisted their knickers around their head and made their face red :wacko:

Do you mean a Kentaro link in reference to Jensen?

There isn't one because Jensen's appointment is just a rumour but all the knicker twisers lumped on it when somoene brought up the irrelevant rumour that he was a Kentaro client.......hence being media sheep and believing hook line and sinker everything the media has written (the guardian link for example)

I have no idea what is forming the basis of your point here.

It is not a 'rumour' that Jensen is a Kentaro client, he appears on SEM's website. As far as I'm aware the media haven't written anything substantially negative about Kentaro in relation to ourselves.

As for that Guardian piece, it was very well balanced. Steve Kean gets a lot of praise, however they state that he won't be in charge of transfers or staff. Given that the only two vacancies at the club so far have been filled by Kentaro clients, that would seem to make sense.

It worries me. It would worry me if the media hadn't written a word about us, the Kentaro links are easy to find on your own.

Absolutely not!

Just find that following Rovers these days is a decent antidote to all the excitement in my job and life, makes sure my feet are firmly on the ground!

Here's another one.

Double announcement?

Perhaps Mr Kean could just avoid giving out specific dates at the moment - particularly if there's a good chance of them falling through.

There is a big credibility issue with the new regime (in the eyes of the fans anyway). It may well all come together but until then you can't blame any reasonable-minded person for being skeptical.

I have no idea what is forming the basis of your point here.

It is not a 'rumour' that Jensen is a Kentaro client, he appears on SEM's website. As far as I'm aware the media haven't written anything substantially negative about Kentaro in relation to ourselves.

As for that Guardian piece, it was very well balanced. Steve Kean gets a lot of praise, however they start that he won't be in charge of transfers or staff. Given that the only two vacancies at the club so far have been filled by Kentaro clients, that would seem to make sense.

It worries me. It would worry me if the media hadn't written a word about us, the Kentaro links are easy to find on your own.

It's almost like they are acting as our Damien Comolli

Fancy that

He chooses players for Liverpool above the managers head based on his list of contacts across Europe and the world.

Oh okay, I thought the 'fancy that' alluded to a joke that I wasn't getting.

The difference with Comolli is that he is acting solely in the best interest of the club, whereas Anderson/Kentaro are not. That's not to say they don't want to do right by the club (I'm sure they do), but they have a] conflicted interest, and b] a bias toward their own client(s).

I'd be more than happy with a proven director of football overseeing transfers above Kean, but I don't think the Kentaro relationship qualifies.

Here's another one.

I guess we delayed the announcement by one day because Kenny D took all the press today. Who cares about a Rovers Assistant when Kenny is back at Liverpool? Their news is just too big.

Comolli obtained the nickname 'Trojan virus' whilst at Arsenal/Spurs - the constant arguments with managers, continuous conflict of interest - a lot of Spurs fans despise him.

He signed some good and poor players but the fundamental problem was his actual role.

It's a different way of working. Im not saying it's perfect just highlighting that there are alternative ways of doing things without simply saying this is right and this is wrong.

I'm not going to sit here and say this SEM/Kentaro thing is not going to work, because it has never been tried before and I'm sure if if doesn't work changes will be made.

It's a different way of working. Im not saying it's perfect just highlighting that there are alternative ways of doing things without simply saying this is right and this is wrong.

I'm not going to sit here and say this SEM/Kentaro thing is not going to work, because it has never been tried before and I'm sure if if doesn't work changes will be made.

The only problem with SEM/Kentaro is it leaves John Williams in a redundant role with little to do.

Archived