SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamy here.

If the name that I have heard is true then I think that people will be pleased, he definitely has pedigree and would be a very good appointment. Afraid not allowed to post the name as source asked me not to and am not 110% sure that it is correct, although this source is very rarely wrong.

What I will say is that if the name that I have is right, then I can say that he is not British and the name has not been mentioned on this thread yet.

Hopefully the announcement will made tomorrow.

Aha! So we know it's a man then...

Gene Hackman?

scolari_latest.jpg

Kamy here.

I can confirm that John Jensen is also the name that I have heard. He has good pedigree, obviously an ex Arsenal player and more importantly was the assistant manager at Gatefe during the very successful period that Gatefe had under Michael Laudrup. Very good appointment. Jensen is managed by SEM, this is the positive part of the relationship that the new owners have with SEM, with SEM's help Rovers have secured the services of a coach/assistant manager who should help drive the club forward.

From Wikipedia

Coaching career

He retired from full-time playing in 1999 and accepted the job of player/manager at Herfølge BK, a small Danish club, and immediately made a name for himself by winning the Danish Superliga on his first attempt. However, Herfølge's success was short-lived, and they were relegated from the Superliga in the 2001 season. Jensen's reputation with his old club was good enough to secure him a move back to Brøndby IF, as assistant manager to Michael Laudrup, a position he held until June 2006, when Jensen and Laudrup did not extend their contracts with the club.

When Laudrup in 2007 was named new manager at Spanish side Getafe, Jensen followed him as assistant manager. Laudrup quit Getafe after only one season, taking Jensen with him.[1] On 12 January 2009 Jensen started as manager of Danish Superliga side Randers FC. On 6 October John Jensen was sacked from Randers FC after a series of 9 losses and 2 draws in 11 matches.[2]

What worries me is that Roy Keane is

(a.) out of work

(b.) not British

(c.) has pedigree (league winning captain, management experience)

(d.) people would sit up and take notice

I really hope all of that is just coincidence and I'm seeing things that aren't there!

What worries me is that Roy Keane is

(a.) out of work

(b.) not British

(c.) has pedigree (league winning captain, management experience)

(d.) people would sit up and take notice

I really hope all of that is just coincidence and I'm seeing things that aren't there!

Roy Keane? Its going to be John Jensen, im fairly happy with this appointment, if he was good enough for Laudrup, he is good enough for me. Will have contacts in scandanavia, and Spain, has bags of experience, knows the English game having played here before. I remember him from his Arsenal days, with his perm, and moustache, looked a bit like a dodgy scouser. Always came a across as a decent and honest bloke.

Archived