BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool

When Blackpool shocked the nation and won promotion to the Premier League,i like many was delighted for them. The team play attacking expansive football,and with what Blackpool have done so far the success story continues. However since the promotion Oyston and "Ollie" have constantly moaned about players fees,agents and have even dared to question the PL rules. They have also had a couple of games postponed beacause of a frozen pitch. How can a PL football club have no undersoil heating? How unprofessional is that?

What do you guys think?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Blackpool expected to get promoted this season and I'm sure putting under soil heating is rather costly - which they probably could not have afford it prior to their promotion. t'Turd is no where near Premiership quality, but they were given a season to see if they stayed up to sort it.

I don't think Blackpool expected to get promoted this season and I'm sure putting under soil heating is rather costly - which they probably could not have afford it prior to their promotion. t'Turd is no where near Premiership quality, but they were given a season to see if they stayed up to sort it.

I think it's £500,000 to install it,well that's what I heard on talkSPORT. Not exactly mega money for them is it bud? T'turf is a shambolic wreck of a ground,long may that continue :D

• Backroom

As long as we are safe I am glad they are doing well, if it became at the expense of us I wouldn't be so happy.

Holloway is starting to drift to the annoying git side of the line though for me

They really deserve to stay up because of the approach they take to every game. But that same approach puts them in danger. They can take a lead but cannot defend it.

Can't see them being a long-term Premier League club if they do survive this season.

Guest linganzi

As my avid Blackpool supporting friend said, oyston is too tight to run them like a prem club. Just a small detail but the match programs last night were the originals from weeks ago.

Holloway is becoming a major tit

I enjoy watching Blackpool play. I confess to rooting for them to lose games (so we would stay ahead of them on the league table) but admire their fighting spirit. I, for one, would be pleased to see them stay up at a respectable 17th. :)

As to Holloway, I don't mind his antics. I even enjoy them a bit. It definetly takes the pressure off his players and owner, so I can see why they value him. That, and he's absolute lunatic, which is not a bad thing in football.

I don't believe in second teams. Its like two wives- yes you love them but in reality getting twice the honey is not worth twice the nagging and twice the honey does. But if I had a second team, it would be Blackpool.

Love having them in the PL. They play nice football, beat the big boys and have the second best shirts in the league. Add to that the nostalgia of another former footballing powerhouse back at the top and further deflating the myth that the hotbed of football is the North-East.

Definitely a breath of fresh air, actually more like a gust, just like Blackpool Prom :D

Thoroughly enjoying Blackpools stay in the prem, if I see they are on I try not to miss their games. Fun to watch, always. Waaaay better than havin the dingles really. With the exception of the guaranteed six point we always get from the clarrots

Hollowhead has admitted he is set to get a cut of the Adam profit.....is this legal in football terms??

Isnt that a conflict of interests? :blink::unsure:

No more than an agent getting a cut is. Personally I'd rather see the coaches who have actually developed the talent get any cut than some agent who knows bugger all about football and who's only skill is being a gobsh*te who can annoy PL chairman into getting their clients often underseved pay rises whilst constantly telling them to move to a bigger club.

Blackpool in the PL and doing well is absolutely fantastic.

It means that most smaller clubs in the land can 'dare to dream'.

I think that they will survive this season but next season will be a massive test as they will no longer be the surprise package.

However, two years in the PL will financially make them a very strong club and allow them to get their infrastructure right.

Karl Oyston is not easy to do business with but has handled everything the right way this season.

As for Ollie, I think he's great - would rather listen to this guy than the likes of Avram, Arry & QPR's Warnock.

Absolutely fantastic having them in the Premiership, the manager, the fans and the team are a great advert for our game and I for one hope they don’t get relegated.

Some pundits/media outlets view Blackpool’s time in the premiership as a bit of joke, and they shouldn’t be allowed in, due to the numbers they get through the turnstiles and the state of the ground, but it wasn’t that long ago that we had far worse facilities and certainly worse gates than Blackpool......

Hope they stay up.

• Moderation Lead

Holloway is getting annoying now with his rants, at first they were funny, now they're just tiresome!

I'd like to see them stay up as it was a cracking away day, especially the last-gasp winner :D

I don't buy all this 'breath of fresh air' nonsense though, they've been entertaining, fair enough but I'd say more naive than anything. 2-0 up against manure with 20 minutes to go, you have to play a bit more conservatively than going gung-ho!

• Backroom

Hollowhead has admitted he is set to get a cut of the Adam profit.....is this legal in football terms??

Isnt that a conflict of interests? :blink::unsure:

Shouldn't Tony Parkes be getting a cut of that?

I don't know whether this deserves a thread on it's own or not but I have a genuine talking point I'd like to raise.

Last season, Owen Coyle was lauded because he got Burnley promoted and was doing pretty well with them. He got poached by Bolton. Ian Holloway has got Blackpool promoted and is doing pretty well with them. He's not likely to get poached by another Premier League club is he? What's the difference? Apart from the length of their careers and Holloway's penchant for coming out with hilarious turns of phrase and a few rants, what is the difference between the two of them?

Owen Coyle got the credit for Burnley's success and the way they played. Charlie Adam seems to be the one most talked about at Blackpool but they play the same kind of attractive, attacking football as Burnley did. I wonder how much of it is Holloway...

Oh, I don't buy the idea Holloway's an idiot by any stretch of the imagination, I think he is a pretty smart cookie.

I think its great to see them in the league, and the way they attack and play attractive football is really refreshing, and they have been rewarded so far.

All I would say is a lot of people tend to feel sorry for them if they throw away a lead, or when they got hammered at Arsenal, or when they get a stone wall penalty turned down against Man Utd when they are 2-0 up, I'd just say welcome to the Premier League

Archived