BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

As for Ince, you will recall that I'd written that buggger off before he even started! I was of course proven right as I have been with Kean. Come to think about it anybody who took three months like you to decide that he was a dud should not have the temerity to even post on this thread yet.

The same could be said of someone who wrote Hughes off after a similar time.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 Blackburn 29 -12 32

15 Blackpool 29 -15 32

16 West Brom 29 -15 32

17 Birmingham 28 -12 31

18 West Ham 29 -13 31

19 Wolves 29 -15 29

20 Wigan 29 -23 27

Unbelievably scary when we are in freefall with a rookie manager.

At least 10 more points needed.

Away matches @ Arsenal, Everton, West Ham & Wolves will yield 1 point if we are lucky.

Can we get 9 points from home matches against Blackpool, Birmingham, Bolton, City & United - way things are, we will do well to get 6.

Horrible feeling that we are going down with 39 points at most.

Gamble or not, irrefutable evidence that Kean should have been replaced.

Goal difference will be crucial for all those teams as it's so close (barring Wigan, they're probably too far behind goal wise, so that's effectively a point). Kean will have a very interesting dilemma regarding Arsenal and United. Play football and potentially lose 5-0 or park the bus and be ok with a 1-0? Don't want to sound defeatist but would hate to see us in 18th and 2 goals off safety, thanks to a pounding at the Emirates where we tried to go toe to toe with Fabregas and co.

Goal difference will be crucial for all those teams as it's so close (barring Wigan, they're probably too far behind goal wise, so that's effectively a point). Kean will have a very interesting dilemma regarding Arsenal and United. Play football and potentially lose 5-0 or park the bus and be ok with a 1-0? Don't want to sound defeatist but would hate to see us in 18th and 2 goals off safety, thanks to a pounding at the Emirates where we tried to go toe to toe with Fabregas and co.

We NEED to win against Blackpool. NEED to.

I hope Kean is enraging the players with passion.

Extorting every day of this clubs past. Preaching just how important and historic this club is.

I hope Kean is enraging the players with passion. I hope my six numbers are up tonight, chances though remote.

Extorting every day of this clubs past. Preaching just how important and historic this club is. IMO, our owners 'pretend' they know and Kean just wont understand this as he simply hasn't been around long enough and he's there for the wrong reasons.

I hope Kean is enraging the players with passion.

Extorting every day of this clubs past. Preaching just how important and historic this club is.

He's gonna have to do something. If you can be sure of one thing Holloway will be doing everything & anything he can to get his players up for this Derby and he's bloody good at getting a team up for it, lol.

I honestly cannot see us staying up if we fail to beat Blackpool. Its theoretically possibly that e could go to the likes of Everton, West ham and Wolves and take points but if we can't beat Blackpool at home, i have no faith about winning away. Another 3 games are right-offs anyway so it really is looking very grim.

The worst aspect is that we've hit our worst form of the season while our relegation rivals have finally hit their straps.

Genuine question,. Did Ince have a full pre season? The memory fails me.

Appointed 22/6/08. So yes he did.

Compare that to Allardyce who only had 2 full days in charge before we looked a different team altogether and beat Stoke

Who said anything about this thread? You've hated Allardyce (unjustly) since he walked through the door, even though he did a terrific job.

I'm interested to know what your stance would be on the standard of football if you were a fan of teams such as Stoke, Wolves or Birmingham?

I didn’t like Allardyce when he walked through the door because of the anti-Rovers bile he used to spew in the media whenever he got the chance. But as most sensible posters will agree, I had nothing but praise for the guy after he kept us up, wonderful job.

As for being a fan of Stoke, they play decent football don’t you know, so do Brum, but I’d hate to be a Wolves fan under mad Mick.

Hope that helps :tu:

The point is--you were delighted when we got rid of Sam and won't face up to what the consequences have been.

Don't know where you've pulled that cr@p from?

If we go down I've already gone on record as saying:

More 3pm kick offs

Cheaper to watch

More games

Looking on the brightside, not all bad then....

Yes, Kean is definitely the man to give us more 3pm kick-off's, thank God he is here.

Losing our Premiership status and becoming more vulnerable to going bust is a small price to pay.

Boody drama queen

I didnt like Allardyce when he walked through the door because of the anti-Rovers bile he used to spew in the media whenever he got the chance. But as most sensible posters will agree, I had nothing but praise for the guy after he kept us up, wonderful job.

As for being a fan of Stoke, they play decent football dont you know, so do Brum, but Id hate to be a Wolves fan under mad Mick.

More 3pm kick offs

Cheaper to watch

More games

So why were you glad to see him sacked then? Unfortunately for us, there are not enough managers who have experience of keeping clubs who are out of their depth, in the premier league.

We're here because we were a very well run club with an excellent chairman (who made mistakes, but corrected them) and a manager who was very good at his job. For us to be in the PL is a massive acheivment in itself.

Since December we have changed to a club with owners and advisors who have no relationship with this club, and IMO do not know what it takes to keep a club like BRFC in the Premier League. Couple that with a manager with no experience whatsoever and an unwillingness from Venkys to correct their mistake through fear of spending a few quid, and we have relegation written all over us.

In relation to 3pm Kick offs, Cheaper tickets and more games, that is just moronic. You appear to under-estimate the probable fatality that getting relegated would bring.

Football and BRFC have changed since we last went down. With JW's money we were able to survive the drop and put together a team capable of winning promotion back. This time I fear that relegation could kill the football club.

This is no longer about proving each other wrong and not liking a manager who kept us in the PL, but about preserving the existence of our club.

A guy i know who works for a company linked to rovers told me that kean got into a bit of a scuffle with a couple of the players at training as objected to some of his tactics decisions

hopefully they will start kicking up a fuss and get that nobody gone!

rovers pr are doing there best to stop the story getting out

It's no wonder SA is remembered and recognised as a proper manager though when one considers life in the Prem before and after him.

As far as your first ill thought out initial comment.... 5 points above the drop zone is almost exactly mid table! Ask FFan. :wstu:

I honestly don't understand where people like you and Gav are coming from. You are proven wrong time and again yet you keep coming back for more.

It would be in May! :rolleyes:

But interpreting that you meant December then with proper managers like Hughes / Allardyce most definitely but obviously no one cannot apply that judgement to the other two goons.

Just as an aside cruz which is better 5 points above the relegation places or 2? :wacko: Come to think about it if tonights score at Goodison stays the same then we'll be down to 1 point above the relegation zone..... how does that stand in the cruz definition of 'safe'?

If only the season ended in December we would ahve been secure ;) but 5 points of the drop in december is not secure as there is a long way to go. Though it's is far better position than 2 off the drop in march under a buffoon but to say Sam had us secure when he left is laughable in the extreme (which was implication I was replying to in the first place)

And who says I'm a Kean fan? I'm purely a Sam hater. Always have been long before he became our manager.

At the moment Keans making right pigs ear of it along with the help of the players who seem to be getting no flak for their cowardly performances.

A guy i know who works for a company linked to rovers told me that kean got into a bit of a scuffle with a couple of the players at training as objected to some of his tactics decisions

hopefully they will start kicking up a fuss and get that nobody gone!

rovers pr are doing there best to stop the story getting out

most likely Kean will offer them a 5 year contract and a double your money raise and that will shut them up for 6 months or so.

I didn’t like Allardyce when he walked through the door because of the anti-Rovers bile he used to spew in the media whenever he got the chance. But as most sensible posters will agree, I had nothing but praise for the guy after he kept us up, wonderful job.

As for being a fan of Stoke, they play decent football don’t you know, so do Brum, but I’d hate to be a Wolves fan under mad Mick.

More 3pm kick offs

Cheaper to watch

More games

First of all,I keep telling you it won't be cheaper to watch and you still keep spouting the opposite. Rovers at home will be MUCH DEARER and away games will be much the same as now but without the daft prices at the likes of Manu, Chelsea, Emirates.I explained why---twice!

That "cr@p" came from you. Although you gave yourself a general get-out---that Sam had done a good job keeping us up-----you joined in with all your equally dopey mates about hoofball, moaned away everytime we had a bad result and expressed delight when he got the chop.

Don't expect me to trawl through the site looking for proof. Nothing but praise my @rse.

If only the season ended in December we would ahve been secure ;) but 5 points of the drop in december is not secure as there is a long way to go. Though it's is far better position than 2 off the drop in march under a buffoon but to say Sam had us secure when he left is laughable in the extreme (which was implication I was replying to in the first place)

And who says I'm a Kean fan? I'm purely a Sam hater. Always have been long before he became our manager.

At the moment Keans making right pigs ear of it along with the help of the players who seem to be getting no flak for their cowardly performances.

Why is that laughable? We had a team who had a very decent home record (particularly against anyone below or around us) and a manager who has been in that position time and time again. If we had allowed Sam to strengthen in various positions, IMO we would have had a team comfortable in the PL (between 12th & 8th)

Why are you a sam hater? Just because you have been for so long? Because of the pride you would lose if you admitted he was the best man for the job? Or is it the lack of 'attractive football' that you (and others) miss so dearly?

Just for the record, it is in my opinion that even Venkys do not hold any faith in Kean, it is just that their replacement was deemed too expensive. It's a real shame too because the two decisions that were in place would have won them some fans at last. I'm devastated that it seems as though Mrs Desai decided that our Premier League survival assurance was too expensive to risk anymore cash on. After all, we are just another expensive plaything of her brothers.

The criminal aspect to this, is all the millions that are speculated to have been spent on agents fees in Dec. / Jan. including, clearly, unrealistic targets.

If BPF is right, and I suspect that he is, we simply can't afford a better manager than Kean.

IMO, simply appalling management by our owners.

First of all,I keep telling you it won't be cheaper to watch and you still keep spouting the opposite. Rovers at home will be MUCH DEARER and away games will be much the same as now but without the daft prices at the likes of Manu, Chelsea, Emirates.I explained why---twice!

That "cr@p" came from you. Although you gave yourself a general get-out---that Sam had done a good job keeping us up-----you joined in with all your equally dopey mates about hoofball, moaned away everytime we had a bad result and expressed delight when he got the chop.

Don't expect me to trawl through the site looking for proof. Nothing but praise my @rse.

You're an angry individual aren't you, may I suggest getting out more, do something other than looking for arguments in empty rooms, girls are great, you should try one.

Archived