BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Not sure about that, he did want RSC just like Kean. His transfer dealings as manager overall had been poor.

Think that is a tad unfair, Sam has signed some very talented players throughout his managerial career - plus who is to say he would not learn from any mistakes he has made in the past (in the transfer market).

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that is a tad unfair, Sam has signed some very talented players throughout his managerial career - plus who is to say he would not learn from any mistakes he has made in the past (in the transfer market).

It's impossible to say whether Allardyce would have spent the money wisely in the transfer market as we had no money to spend before so we don't know what he might have bought. However, it is true that he wanted Santa Cruz. And on his day, who wouldn't? However, those days appear to be gone

Not sure about that, he did want RSC just like Kean. His transfer dealings as manager overall had been poor.

Would have to disagree.

Salgado, Givet, Nzonzi, EHD, M Diouf - have all performed with Givet & EHD, arguably, saving us from the drop in Sam's first season.

Benjani - with barely anything to spend (fee or wages), Hobsons choice.

Kalinic - jury out but I think he'll come good. Bloody hell, we play one up front and he gets little support or service. We play 2 up and then he rarely plays. He scores goals and Kean drops him. Have we been fair to this young foreign lad ?

Yep, one or two that didn't work - Di Santo, Goulon etc, however, when you are looking for a diamond amongst all the dross, you will inevitably pick the odd dud!

As for Kean's record so far. Not even sure that he'd seen Jones, Formica or Rochina and if they weren't his choices, which some suspect, he should have had the balls to tell Desai & Anderson what they could do with their job. As for RSC, rumours are that his medical was a 'bit light'. So we have a guy who's rarely fit, Jones who is, IMO. little better than what we have and certainly NOT the box to box player that Kean described him as and two unproven young lads not ready. So, Rovers have probably spent close on £10million and for what!

I know who I'd rather trust with my business and money.

The same players Allardyce signed at Newcastle and people were criticizing have come good this season.

Jose Enrique, Barton, Nolan are three of those players.

I'm with you, however didn't Joe 'f*** you!' Kinnear sign Nolan?

The same players Allardyce signed at Newcastle and people were criticizing have come good this season.

Jose Enrique, Barton, Nolan are three of those players.

I was obviously talking about his tenure at Rovers.

Salgado- Well past his prime player on big wages. Not sure he was much better than Emerton was at right back.

N'Zonzi- Had a reasonable first season, over-hyped when he won our player of the season. Has looked far worse this season.

Goulon- Who?

E.Diouf- Divisive figure who blows hot and cold, one games looks decent, next looks poor..

Givet- I would probably say overall he was a decent success, not a natural left back though.

Chimbonda- Great 4 or 5 games absolute rubbish afterwards.

Benjani- Probably worth the money (low wages has chipped him with a few goals). Seriously injury prone though.

Kalinic- I'm a fan but when you consider the price we paid and the way he was deployed under Sam he was a flop. Might turn that around though under a manager who can build a system around him.

M.Diouf- Looks championship standard.

I wouldn't have trusted Sam with money to spend.

I was obviously talking about his tenure at Rovers.

FREE Salgado- Well past his prime player on big wages. Not sure he was much better than Emerton was at right back.

<£500k N'Zonzi- Had a reasonable first season, over-hyped when he won our player of the season. Has looked far worse this season.

FREE Goulon- Who?

£1m E.Diouf- Divisive figure who blows hot and cold, one games looks decent, next looks poor..

£1m Givet- I would probably say overall he was a decent success, not a natural left back though.

£1mChimbonda- Great 4 or 5 games absolute rubbish afterwards.

FREE Benjani- Probably worth the money (low wages has chipped him with a few goals). Seriously injury prone though.

£4m Kalinic- I'm a fan but when you consider the price we paid and the way he was deployed under Sam he was a flop. Might turn that around though under a manager who can build a system around him.

LOAN M.Diouf- Looks championship standard.

I wouldn't have trusted Sam with money to spend.

That's the thing, he spent hardly anything on the players you give as examples, so it doesn't really prove anything. The only time we can look at is at Newcastle where he had a bit of money to spend, and I think he did alright if you look at those players now.

Its no wonder the majority of decent poster have long since left for pastures new. An unhealthy mix of posters who never attend games, to the usual suspects with hidden agendas/teams.

I mentioned backbone in my first post, Jim Mk2 wouldn’t have had you in the trenches with him that’s for sure, you’d have been shot for being cowards.

But despite all of this, hardly any of you support the manager, he’s been in the job 3 months and the 1% of our support that post on here want him gone, spineless, but not one disparaging voice on Sky yesterday

The modern day Rovers fan, brought up on Shearer and money, never known the hard times.

BRFC RIP.

I've no agenda Gav, apart from wanting my club to survive and prosper.

I have plenty of family members, friends, colleagues that are Rovers fanatics and 99% have no time for Kean whatsover. So a straw poll of three rovers fans on Sky is much less representative than my acquantances, this site or the LT website.

Now is not the time for rookie managers, relegation could mean Administration for christ sake! Venky's have absolutely no use for a non PL club. Of course, I will get behind the team for the rest of the season, Kean or not.

The best run club in the country, a club that looked after its fans better than any other I can think of has imploded in months.

The old 'I was there when we were s***' argument means bugger all.

But despite all of this, hardly any of you support the manager, he’s been in the job 3 months and the 1% of our support that post on here want him gone, spineless, but not one disparaging voice on Sky yesterday

Difference is relegation could eventually lead to end of our club's existence. Its not like 20, 30 years ago when a drop down a league didn't matter much, the introduction of premier league money changed that. What are people supposed to do when looking at the evidence so far how can anyone trust the manager or the players to get us out of this mess?

GAV, get a grip.

Seeing incompetence, pointing it out and worrying about the long term is not being spineless. Using your World War 1 analogy, what use would it be sending thosands of men to steadily march into machine gun fire from countless gunners just because the general ordered it? Surely the general, unable to plan a battle, and the politicians who consistently praise and back the general despite the losses and territorial loss should be criticised and condemned.

I'd have loved Kean to come in and done well, playing good football and so on. However, the only revelation that has taken place is that he is not up to the task, and relegation would most likely be a financial disaster.

Now please go away and take your petty name calling elsewhere please.

Its no wonder the majority of decent poster have long since left for pastures new. An unhealthy mix of posters who never attend games, to the usual suspects with hidden agendas/teams.

I mentioned backbone in my first post, Jim Mk2 wouldn’t have had you in the trenches with him that’s for sure, you’d have been shot for being cowards.

The modern day Rovers fan, brought up on Shearer and money, never known the hard times.

BRFC RIP.

That's a post that's a bit thin on factual content, Gav. We are currently rock bottom of the form table with a rookie manager and a hard run-in, shipping goals left right and centre and struggling to score enough at the other end. How much more time would you think Kean requires to turn it around, when we are fast running out of games?

I would also appreciate it if you could detail why you thought Allardyce was taking us down. I might be wrong but I think he has never been relegated as a manager.

To swap Allardyce for Kean mid-season seems a poor move, I think you'll find a lot of seasoned neutral observers agreeing with that.

Again, if you could keep it factual rather than emotive, that would be cool, I'm interested in your point of view.

He wanted RSC but he was never linked with the other 3. However he was linked with Bentley..........And he was linked with Ireland.

Disagree that his transfer dealings have been poor. His choices were governed by having no money.

BRFC RIP.

Gav,

You obviously dont attend games or you need to visit specsavers and a shrink quickly, Kean is clueless and it appears he was as bad at Fulham too!!

Some wise words from the legend Tony Parkes:

My link

There you go people.

Isn't is nice to read comments from someone with a bit of common sense and who knows exactly what is required from being involved in the game and from his own experience.

Of course if you don't like what Tony has to say (and you think that this particular thread may start getting out of hand and actually look to galvanise the supporters behind the manager and team) then you can always start another thread with a different title to begin the next "Sam was great and a footballing genius"...."get rid of kean" monotony that has become the norm. Tiresome.

Presumably nobody is going to have a bad word to say about Tony Parkes.....? ;)

BRFC RIP.

Those who don't support the manager have one motive only------they want the best for Rovers and he isn't it. Its nothing to do with spine and everything to do with common sense.

Plenty of posters on here were reared on Rovers long before Shearer was born. Stop labelling and look at the reality.

At times we looked good at Fulham. It's his decisions that are questionable, his substitutions etc. Bringing on an untried striker for a right mid when Emerton is on the bench, not changing either of the front two when you have FOUR strikers on the bench, changing the right back when you are chasing the game. Any decent experienced manager would not have made these mistakes.

He obviously wants to prove a point now otherwise his reputation will be in tatters and he'll never manage another club. I hope he has learnt from his obvious mistakes & we come away from the Blackpool game with no less than 3 points. We've certainly got the players, he's just got to play them & play them where they play best.

Those who don't support the manager have one motive only------they want the best for Rovers and he isn't it. Its nothing to do with spine and everything to do with common sense.

Plenty of posters on here were reared on Rovers long before Shearer was born. Stop labelling and look at the reality.

That may be the case but he's what we've got and in the circumstances it's up to us to back him and the players to the hilt to try and get some points on the board.

Sam is history. The Trust is history. What Sam might or might not have done is irrelevant now. Give it a rest and back the Manager and the boys. there's nothing else we can do right now.

Tony Parkes wants the best for Rovers and he's saying support the manager. Does he have no common sense?

Whether you rate or don't rate the manager (and I don't) is not the issue now.

Some wise words from the legend Tony Parkes:

My link

Some common sense at last. Its all to easy to forget about exactly who we cheer on every week. Some of our players are just kids. When you are so young and have had a sheltered upbringing which football inadvertently provides, you need some loving! The only way to help the side is to support them properly. Sadly there seems to be far too many cynics for this to happen.

That may be the case but he's what we've got and in the circumstances it's up to us to back him and the players to the hilt to try and get some points on the board.

Sam is history. The Trust is history. What Sam might or might not have done is irrelevant now. Give it a rest and back the Manager and the boys. there's nothing else we can do right now.

Too right ! The manager and the team need our support now more than ever.

Bring on Blackpool ! Let's 'ave it !

Gav my friend,

I know you hated Allardyce's way of hoofball and his away day tactics (so did I) but in all honesty would you have been prepared to gamble with the clubs future to secure 'entertaining' football?

This is exactly what our new owners have done and lets be honest pal,whatever way you try and put a positive slant on matters, right here,right now the club we love appears to be dying on its arse without a leader in sight,a massive unnecessary gamble that's going t1ts up!.Venky's replaced a proven Premiership manager with a complete rookie,we all know the consequences if our club goes down........

There but for the grace of God go we.

Archived