BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Were you disappointed when he was sacked then, because I don't think he made it to 4 months in charge.

Ince had to go after the Wigan game away, simple as that really, a bit like Allardyce had to go after United away, which was just as much of a shambles.

Kean hasn't got to that point yet, so will be backed until he does.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ince had to go after the Wigan game away, simple as that really, a bit like Allardyce had to go after United away, which was just as much of a shambles.

please do explain how the 2 scenarios are identical,?

one had his team midtable, the other had his at the bottom of the premier league.

Completely different scenarios. Ince's horrific tenure should never be compared to Allardyce's. Once match should not sum up a tenure. If so...

... Villa, just as shambolic and would have been 8-0 but for a lucky deflection and a superhuman effort by the keeper.

The subs alone were a case for certifiability.

Bluumin eck GAV, I really hope you are on a WUM mission or you really need to go and locate your marbles.

Why on Earth should a club of our resources who are mid table and comfortable sack their manager after one horrendous result?

That's one of the most annoying things. We're not even seeing entertaining football.

The two goals against Fulham will be two of the scrappiest goals you'll ever see. We still look at our most threatening when sticking big men up there and hoping something will happen.

Exactly. I wondered if anyone else had noticed. A number of the 'excellent' chances created against Spurs were from huge long balls, throws and corners. The hypocrisy amazes me. It was 'anti-football' when similar tactics were employed by Sam.

"I've never given up on a Rovers manager after 3 months."

The manager should never have been in charge in the first place. It is not a question of giving up hope, as I never believed for one moment that he could do the job. There is nothing to give up with SK as he proves week in, week out.

Gav, I am new here, I don't know you so well, but I am presuming you are one of the fans that did not rate or like Sam Allardyce. It is interesting to me that the people desperately trying to find excuses for Kean's performances are those that hated his style of play, or the man himself.

However, he has gone now and won't be coming back. We have a new manager in charge and he should be judged by his own actions and results. 11 from 36. 1 from the last 15. 12 goals conceded in the last 5 games. 2 points off relegation. Poor signings. Poorer results.

Judge away!

I keep being told it is time to support the manager, normally by those that formerly criticised SA from the rooftops with the same old repetitive, boring drivel.

Well as far as I am concerned, the manager hopefully won't be here much longer and I am not prepared to ignore common sense or my own knowledge and blindly support a total incompetent with no experience or managerial history and seemingly little ability.

But you need to support the team and so by association you need to at least keep quiet about the manager at the match. Say what you like within the posting rules here - but at Ewood on March 19th it has to be whole hearted support. On that day it doesn't matter who the manager is until after the final whistle. If at that stage you want to start a Kean out chant then there will be lots of people staying behind to join you if we lose and possibly nearly as many if we win. It's not about the manager any more - it's about the team and the club.

But you need to support the team and so by association you need to at least keep quiet about the manager at the match. Say what you like within the posting rules here - but at Ewood on March 19th it has to be whole hearted support. On that day it doesn't matter who the manager is until after the final whistle. If at that stage you want to start a Kean out chant then there will be lots of people staying behind to join you if we lose and possibly nearly as many if we win. It's not about the manager any more - it's about the team and the club.

Indeed you do gumboots - but that does not mean backing the manager - so as you say its time to keep schtum about any reference to Steve Kean at the match and put all force into backing the players on the pitch.

GAV (I'm certain now you have been on the magic's or somekind of strange substance :lol: -unless you have let all and sundry onto your keyboard ) - Kean is past the point of Ince as posted above by onlyonejw in that he should never have been appointed in the first place.

You really must be a member of team Sheen, you're on what he's on!

Ince was taking us down with £10m budget.

Sam was keeping us midtable on no budget.

Keen with a £5m budget is taking us down.

How you can even compare Sam to either of the others is beyond me. A proven manager against 2 poor excuses for coaches.

The number of months is irrelevant in making a correct decision to keep the club where it should be.

You really must be a member of team Sheen, you're on what he's on!

Ince was taking us down with £10m budget.

Sam was keeping us midtable on no budget.

Keen with a £5m budget is taking us down.

How you can even compare Sam to either of the others is beyond me. A proven manager against 2 poor excuses for coaches.

The number of months is irrelevant in making a correct decision to keep the club where it should be.

But surely Team Sheen would be #winning ????

GAV (I'm certain now you have been on the magic's or somekind of strange substance :lol: -unless you have let all and sundry onto your keyboard ) - Kean is past the point of Ince as posted above by onlyonejw in that he should never have been appointed in the first place.

Whether or not Kean should have been appointed is irrelevant, he’s here now and should be backed CAPT.

In my opinion he’s not as bad as Ince, and we all know plenty on here backed Ince far more than I’m backing kean!

That has to go down as one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen on this MB. A team bottom of the league, playing hopelessly and on a hiding to nothing, compared to a team in mid-table security on an off day.

Games like the UTD one happen. Everton got hammered off Arsenal last year 6-1 on the first day of the season. Do you think the scousers were shouting for Moyes to resign?

Sunderland got hammered 5-1 off Newcaslte earlier this season and went on to have a good season under Bruce.

Sometimes results like that are part and parcel of the game, and the best way to react is to win your next game and forget about it. We won 3-0 against Wolves the next week (the perfect remedy) and people still booed when we were keeping possesion and making Wolves chase the ball towards the end!!

You can never say after the job Allardyce did, that he deserved to be sacked following the United game.. or at all for that matter!!

Whether or not Kean should have been appointed is irrelevant, he's here now and should be backed CAPT.

In my opinion he's not as bad as Ince, and we all know plenty on here backed Ince far more than I'm backing kean!

I think you're on to a loser with this argument only when using Allardyce as part of it. I am of the opinion that Kean is better than Ince but it's not by much. The problem is that Kean is the manager now and we are in a position where we as supporters need to support the team and hence the manager. Some people don't want to do that though.

I think you're on to a loser with this argument only when using Allardyce as part of it. I am of the opinion that Kean is better than Ince but it's not by much. The problem is that Kean is the manager now and we are in a position where we as supporters need to support the team and hence the manager. Some people don't want to do that though.

Neither of them are PL managers!

Unfortunately we're stuck with Kean and nothing we say will change that because of those stupid bloody owners who know nothing about football.

I will support the team when I'm at Ewood on the 19th, but it doesn't mean I'm going to start supporting someone who I believe is so far out of their depth it is unbelievable.

Too many people on here put their personal pride before BRFC. Gav is arguing till he's blue in the face, that fact that Allardyce was useless, when the statistics prove his calibre as a manager. It is difficult to find a competent PL manager, let alone sack one just because we don't play like Arsenal.

A lot of people need to wake up and see how difficult it is to stay in the PL with no money, and realise the seriousness of relegation for a team like us.

Neither of them are PL managers!

Unfortunately we're stuck with Kean and nothing we say will change that because of those stupid bloody owners who know nothing about football.

I will support the team when I'm at Ewood on the 19th, but it doesn't mean I'm going to start supporting someone who I believe is so far out of their depth it is unbelievable.

Too many people on here put their personal pride before BRFC. Gav is arguing till he's blue in the face, that fact that Allardyce was useless, when the statistics prove his calibre as a manager. It is difficult to find a competent PL manager, let alone sack one just because we don't play like Arsenal.

A lot of people need to wake up and see how difficult it is to stay in the PL with no money, and realise the seriousness of relegation for a team like us.

Actually, technically both have been/are Premier League managers. Should either have been given that opportunity? No in my opinion but they were.

What is needed now is for us as fans to get behind the team.

Actually, technically both have been/are Premier League managers. Should either have been given that opportunity? No in my opinion but they were.

What is needed now is for us as fans to get behind the team.

At what point do you say enough is enough then? Are you just going to accept that Venkys are in charge now and Steve Kean is manager for 2 and a half years whether we go down or not?

I will stand at the Blackpool game and if we win i'll be delighted, because that is what is absolutely vital for this football club. But that does not mean I will support Steve Kean as manager. If we survive this season I still want Kean gone, because in my opinion he is as useful as Ince.

This club is a shambles at the moment, because we have owners who know nothing about football. Not only this, but they are not prepared to take advice from people who know football inside out (hence sacking Allardyce and Williams stepping down)

This is a very very different Blackburn Rovers to the one we knew 3 months ago, and it is very worrying indeed.

Agree, not much to chose between Ince & Kean, however, at least there was a semblance of justification in Ince's appointment in that he had successfully cut his managerial teeth at both Macclesfield & MK Dons. As for Kean, he had no track record and according to Ffan there are a few skeletons in the cupboard at Fulham where Kean is concerned.

At what point do you say enough is enough then? Are you just going to accept that Venkys are in charge now and Steve Kean is manager for 2 and a half years whether we go down or not?

I will stand at the Blackpool game and if we win i'll be delighted, because that is what is absolutely vital for this football club. But that does not mean I will support Steve Kean as manager. If we survive this season I still want Kean gone, because in my opinion he is as useful as Ince.

This club is a shambles at the moment, because we have owners who know nothing about football. Not only this, but they are not prepared to take advice from people who know football inside out (hence sacking Allardyce and Williams stepping down)

This is a very very different Blackburn Rovers to the one we knew 3 months ago, and it is very worrying indeed.

Great post Jimmy and qualified with the last sentence, it is indeed worrying, even more worrying is where Venkys will be taking advice from now!!

Gav is arguing till he's blue in the face, that fact that Allardyce was useless

I think you’ve more posts on this thread than me, I’m hardly arguing until I’m blue in the face.

Allardyce has gone, and good riddance as far as I’m concerned, Kean is here and needs backing until such time as he gets the boot.

Now lets stop going round in circles.

It's like you've never read anything I've said and assume I'm all for Kean as manager. I'm not. He's not a manager in my eyes and I don't want him there but right now we need him to do a job. We have no other choice.

I agree with the rest of your post.

That has to go down as one of the worst comparisons I have ever seen on this MB. A team bottom of the league, playing hopelessly and on a hiding to nothing, compared to a team in mid-table security on an off day.

Midtable security? When Sam was bootde out we were FIVE points off the drop zone, hardly secure FFS!

Amazing how history can be re-written just because people are getting hysterical.

Kean maybe making a right dogs dinner of things but remembering Sam as some kind of tactical genius is pretty silly. If memory serves me he was as abject as Kean at getting away results and keeping clean sheets.

Where do the restrospective Big Sam fantasies end? Will people one day remember him lifting the treble whilst at Ewood?

Midtable security? When Sam was bootde out we were FIVE points off the drop zone, hardly secure FFS!

Amazing how history can be re-written just because people are getting hysterical.

Kean maybe making a right dogs dinner of things but remembering Sam as some kind of tactical genius is pretty silly. If memory serves me he was as abject as Kean at getting away results and keeping clean sheets.

Where do the restrospective Big Sam fantasies end? Will people one day remember him lifting the treble whilst at Ewood? :lol:

Spot on cruz

Where do the restrospective Big Sam fantasies end? Will people one day remember him lifting the treble whilst at Ewood?

We were a mess when S.A. took over from Ince and he kept us up with relative ease.

Last Season we finished 10th.

5 points clear of the drop zone in December means very little as there's plenty of games left to play.

Plummeting in March is an altogether different matter :(

Archived