SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The criminal aspect to this, is all the millions that are speculated to have been spent on agents fees in Dec. / Jan. including, clearly, unrealistic targets.

If BPF is right, and I suspect that he is, we simply can't afford a better manager than Kean.

IMO, simply appalling management by our owners.

At this rate, I think Chris Houghton would have been a good choice. Good experience on a shoe string budget at Newcastle, well respected by the players at the time aswell as the fans, and wouldn't have demanded a massive salary. I think we missed a trick on that one.

Just on another point has anyone else heard the ruour that Season tickets are going up substantially next season?

That rumour was started near the Blackburn end toilets, section NO1, on the day Venkys took over.

Seriously though, if the silly sods decide to up the prices they’ll get a shock that’s for sure.

Its rude not buy at £200, even £250, but £400+ and I’d seriously consider not getting one like thousands of others I’m sure.

A guy i know who works for a company linked to rovers told me that kean got into a bit of a scuffle with a couple of the players at training as objected to some of his tactics decisions

hopefully they will start kicking up a fuss and get that nobody gone!

rovers pr are doing there best to stop the story getting out

Would not be a surprise.

There is speculation that things on the training ground have not been right ever since Sam left and that there is very limited respect from the players for him. !!!

I really think that Kean is from another planet - after the Villa game, he talked about 'forensics', after the Fulham game, he talked about looking at 'the images' (when he simply meant replays on a TV screen). Is it any wonder that we have problems !

he said they had to be pulled apart!

he wouldnt say who the players were tho but i reckon salgado as he smirked when i said his name!

I'm betting on Roberts, he's not happy unless he's fallen out with our manager. :rolleyes:

Would not be a surprise.

There is speculation that things on the training ground have not been right ever since Sam left and that there is very limited respect from the players for him. !!!

I'd well believe it, especially when you look at the reaction to Sam's sacking from the likes of Samba, Nelsen, Roberts, Morten etc.

And who says I'm a Kean fan? I'm purely a Sam hater. Always have been long before he became our manager.

waggy.?

would you respect a boss, who got the job, by backstabbing and lying as opposed to one, who got his job based on ability.?

That rumour was started near the Blackburn end toilets, section NO1, on the day Venkys took over.

Seriously though, if the silly sods decide to up the prices they’ll get a shock that’s for sure.

Its rude not buy at £200, even £250, but £400+ and I’d seriously consider not getting one like thousands of others I’m sure.

So, how without the sky money, do we pay premier league wages in the Championship, a simple question as our friend Mr Anderson took away the clauses for salary reductions if Rovers were relegated!!

Don't you mean IF? ;)

We are very fortunate on this MB to have folk like BPF and Philipl who can provide an inside track which is right more often not.

Many suspect Mrs D. was here to sack Kean and now we know how our owners operate (they don't appear to reason), it seems most improbable that even a bullsh1tter like Kean could change this. There has to be another reason.

They have to know their market, Rovers have a limited fanbase who are used to paying rock bottom prices. If they went up to £400, plus the general malaise at the club, you would without doubt see thousands upon thousands of non renewals.

Not exactly good for their 'brand' to see an empty Ewood, but looking at their decison making so far, it wouldn't suprise me.

You're an angry individual aren't you, may I suggest getting out more, do something other than looking for arguments in empty rooms, girls are great, you should try one.

A whole lot of assumptions in this your latest masterpiece! About as accurate as your opinions on Sam and your recollections of your own past posts!

Just on another point has anyone else heard the ruour that Season tickets are going up substantially next season?

EDIT: And tbh there's not really any managers I do like Jimmy ;)

As I said to my pal Gav, season ticket prices are bound to rise substantially if we go down because the club will be desperate to off-set some proportion of the lost TV revenue we'll be losing. A lose-lose situation that one.

I'm betting on Roberts, he's not happy unless he's fallen out with our manager. :rolleyes:

I'd well believe it, especially when you look at the reaction to Sam's sacking from the likes of Samba, Nelsen, Roberts, Morten etc.

Roberts was jumping for joy when Sam was sacked. It's common knowledge they didn't get along!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some of the strikers though, with all the chopping and changing and seeing Roberts start ahead of them. Niko scored for the reserves in the 85th minute and couldn't have looked more miserable, like someone had died.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the players were arguing against Kean, but I know it wouldn't be Roberts, his sucking up is getting him starts.

Don't know where you've pulled that cr@p from?

If we go down I've already gone on record as saying:

More 3pm kick offs

Cheaper to watch

More games

Dream on Gav. Admission prices will rise dramatically if we are relegated.

Roberts was jumping for joy when Sam was sacked. It's common knowledge they didn't get along!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some of the strikers though, with all the chopping and changing and seeing Roberts start ahead of them. Niko scored for the reserves in the 85th minute and couldn't have looked more miserable, like someone had died.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the players were arguing against Kean, but I know it wouldn't be Roberts, his sucking up is getting him starts.

I agree with you that Roberts and Sam didn't get on, but even so, Roberts did comment that despite their differences, he thought that the sacking was harsh...or something along those lines.

I'm sure Niko is totally cheesed off with the current situation, I mean, he starts for Croatia but is left in the reserves at his club, makes no sense, however, he doesn't seem the type to lose the head and confront the manager.

I would think it would be one of the more senior players, who would have no problem speaking up.

Yes and it's more an inevitability more than a rumour. Why on earth would you expect things to stay the same? Mark my words the fall off in ticket sales even if we stay up will be massive.

Why? £400 is still mighty cheap for attractive attacking football in the Premier League..... especially with a veteran marquee plodding around the centre circle.

If all this speculation about training ground feelings etc is correct, then it's time for one, or more, of the senior players to show some balls and do a 'Keano' ie get in touch with Mrs D. and tell her just how bad the situation is.

It's not a question of can we afford a new manager, can we afford NOT to change the manager!

It's not a question of can we afford a new manager, can we afford NOT to change the manager!

Agree, a change of manager now could be the breath of fresh air the players and fans need to get an instant return on the pitch. Much like Hodgson has done at West Brom.

Is fighting with another employee a sackable offence ? Could the owners sack him and not pay up his contract ?

Punching a fellow employee would potentially be a sackable offense yes. They would have to check the policy on aggressive behaviour, which of course they will have updated after taking over the club. Simply having a bust up would porbably result in a formal warning.

Archived