BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If you could have any ex rover manager back for the last 5 games

if we were able to have any ex- premeir league blackburn manager back for only the last 5 games, I wonder who people would go for.

My order would be:

1. Sam: Because you know you will survive, been there done that

2: Hughes: he would keep us up I think, would love him back long term really, legend

3: Hodgson: would hate him long term but he lways gets honeymoon results

4: Souness: He would get the players respect at least, maybe not as successful as the top 3

5: Tony Parkes because he always makes sense and see its similar to the fans, he's be a good bet

6: Kenny: no doubt if we were a top four team he'd be number one but I doubt he is use to relegation battles

to avoid:

7: Kidd: as bad as Kean but still more experienced.

8: Kean: will probably takes us down but a least thats not 100% certain

9: Ince: better then Kean but too hated

10: Harford: He is dead but if alive I think he would lose every match.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we were able to have any ex- premeir league blackburn manager back for only the last 5 games, I wonder who people would go for.

My order would be:

1. Sam: Because you know you will survive, been there done that

2: Hughes: he would keep us up I think, would love him back long term really, legend

3: Hodgson: would hate him long term but he lways gets honeymoon results

4: Souness: He would get the players respect at least, maybe not as successful as the top 3

5: Tony Parkes because he always makes sense and see its similar to the fans, he's be a good bet

6: Kenny: no doubt if we were a top four team he'd be number one but I doubt he is use to relegation battles

to avoid:

7: Kidd: as bad as Kean but still more experienced.

8: Kean: will probably takes us down but a least thats not 100% certain

9: Ince: better then Kean but too hated

Sparky!

For five games only? Allardyce definitely. If it was long term then Hughes without a doubt.

Hughes takes time to build a side (he started slowly with Fulham, rumours were going around he might be sacked earlier in the season). Allardyce's style would win at least one game we have left, plus he had a knack with us of getting wins from 'must win' games. Wolves might be one of those.

Good grief.

Bad taste comments aside, none of our ex managers are remotely likely to be coming back before the end of the season, so the thread is completely pointless anyway.

• Backroom

For five games only? Allardyce definitely. If it was long term then Hughes without a doubt.

This.

Allardyce knows the squad inside-out from this season, whilst Sparky knows some of the side he'd still be out-of-touch with what's been happening at Ewood. Allardyce could jump straight in and feel comfortable. He'd also be the best manager to get short-term benefits, the man knows how to get results with this squad.

I too would prefer Hughes in a longer-term capacity, but would have no issue with Allardyce staying long-term either.

Very close between Sam and Hughes but would probably go for Sparky (thinking long term as well) - having a top class backroom staff (Bowen, Eddie N) would lift the players too.

Obviously would never happen however Sam would lift many of the players as they respect him plus he knows the current staff.

Gordon Lee or Sam,

Both these managers knew how to win games and get the best out of the players they had, were able to battle and nick points when they were needed and understood the players.

On a long term basis with a bit of cash to spend, Kenny and Sparky.

This.

Allardyce knows the squad inside-out from this season, whilst Sparky knows some of the side he'd still be out-of-touch with what's been happening at Ewood. Allardyce could jump straight in and feel comfortable. He'd also be the best manager to get short-term benefits, the man knows how to get results with this squad.

I too would prefer Hughes in a longer-term capacity, but would have no issue with Allardyce staying long-term either.

Spot on. Except my choice for long term would be Sparky hands down, not a fan of Allardyce unless he's simply there to get the job done. I don't think anyone can argue that he isn't the king of getting the job done.

It is now statistically proven that every one if them could, and would, do a better job than Mr. Kean.

And I believe number 10 could do a better job regardless of his present condition.

Taking a team from 1st to 20th in 18th months

Even Kean couldn't do that

Archived