BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are also very strong rumours that P Jones ranks very high up Chelsea owners WANTED list :angry2:

Regardless of the bids...I would keep both Hoilett & Jones this season, even if it meant Junior walked for free, as I think next season he could be a big player for us!

The lad is class! There are strong rumours out there that jones and hoillet will end up at Liverpool!

No smoke without fire.

Jones is signed up and definitely worth £20m plus a nice sell on clause.

Junior is the worry! He has 12 months!

Liverpool are currently being linked with every player under the sun. It will be intresting to see who they actually end up with. I just hope it's not our 2 lads as I hate Liverpool fans attitude, like they have some divine right to be up there. I know they won the Champs league but other than that they have done very little and are living on past glories. Suddenly Dalglish is back and they think the golden age is coming round again.

There are also very strong rumours that P Jones ranks very high up Chelsea owners WANTED list :angry2:

Regardless of the bids...I would keep both Hoilett & Jones this season, even if it meant Junior walked for free, as I think next season he could be a big player for us!

Junior cant walk for free, he is under 24 and developed by the club!

I think without being biased - staying at Rovers for another 12 months will be best for his long term career. At the moment I don't feel he will go to one of the top four clubs as a regular first team player. Another season or two playing in the first team at Rovers - and if he continues with the rapid progress we have seen over the last couple of years - he will be able to leave, have his pick of clubs world wide - and go with an expectation of being a first team regular at the club of his choice.

Lets hope that the feel good factor that has followed our brilliant end to the season has made him think there is enough at Rovers for him to progress. A key could be persuading Samba to stay - having Jones/Samba as our central defensive pair for next season would be brilliant - and potentially up with the best in the division.

Well, no doubt he will be discussing things with Frankie Fielding whilst they enjoy their holiday in Malaga!

I think without being biased - staying at Rovers for another 12 months will be best for his long term career. At the moment I don't feel he will go to one of the top four clubs as a regular first team player. Another season or two playing in the first team at Rovers - and if he continues with the rapid progress we have seen over the last couple of years - he will be able to leave, have his pick of clubs world wide - and go with an expectation of being a first team regular at the club of his choice.

Lets hope that the feel good factor that has followed our brilliant end to the season has made him think there is enough at Rovers for him to progress. A key could be persuading Samba to stay - having Jones/Samba as our central defensive pair for next season would be brilliant - and potentially up with the best in the division.

Completely agree with this. I've said it many times before, i'm sick and tired of the big clubs coming in for younger players and potentially stunting their development.

It's massively important for a player at Phils age to be learning his trade and playing football, week in, week out. Look at players like Walcott, I firmly believe had he played a couple more seasons at Southampton he'd be a different player right now. It's even more important for a centre half, where timing and positional play at the highest level comes with experience.

Just reading the comment by 'sid8810' on that Mirror article just confirms my belief that Liverpool fans are without a doubt the least knowledgeable fans in the entire world. Wonder if he liked my reply?

Interesting quote from Kean in the LT today ‘It would take a very, very big bid, bigger than any we have ever had to get Phil’.

£20m+ then?

Going off the LT article Kean is basically saying we have had NO bids for either Samba or Jones yet and that we want to keep both players. He says it will be hard to do, but mentions how they have both just signed 5 year deals.

In the LET Kean hardly issues a 'not for sale' statement. Talks about not having to sell and not wanting to sell but also:

“It would be a very, very big bid, the biggest bid we have ever had, for Phil to move to anyone.”

To me the article is very much leaving the door open for a large bid.

Most people would agree that the way forward for Rovers is to nurture young talent, perhaps selling one a year and reinvesting the money.

For me it all depends on whether all the money would be made available for transfers. We've been here many times before...

Interesting quote from Kean in the LT today 'It would take a very, very big bid, bigger than any we have ever had to get Phil'.

£20m+ then?

Going off the LT article Kean is basically saying we have had NO bids for either Samba or Jones yet and that we want to keep both players. He says it will be hard to do, but mentions how they have both just signed 5 year deals.

Doh, he should be saying he's not for sale under any circumstance not touting for bigger bids

The problem here is this, sell Jones and Samba and what message does that send out to prospective players and indeed players such as Hoilett? They dont want to be in a relegation scrap each year and I am afraid if Samba and Jones went, we would be without question, its one thing being handicapped with a poor manager, never mind losing the backbone of the defence, think Robbo may get unsettled too if that scenario happened.

How much do you think replacements would cost and would they join Rovers, indeed Arsenal and Liverpool have struggled defensively and they are far better equipped to attract players than Rovers.

Interesting quote from Kean in the LT today ‘It would take a very, very big bid, bigger than any we have ever had to get Phil’.

£20m+ then?

he will sell at whatever price the chicken dippers says.He hasn't the balls to stand up for himself or the rovers.

he will sell at whatever price the chicken dippers says.He hasn't the balls to stand up for himself or the rovers.

Time will tell….

He has made it pretty clear that he cant go for less than our biggest ever offer…£18m for RSC? So any less and your correct....

So if our agents/advisors say 9million is good and venkys say ok it won't matter what kean ,me or thee think it Will happen...they have said all sorts since taking over..ie.ronaldihoo.Beckham etc..they are gullible and if JA sees a pocket lining chance I'm quiet sure he will and not be arsed at what price...I just have a feeling like samba its gonna result in a brfcs meltdown.

Reasonable members will realise Samba has probably reached the end of the road with us. Phil Jones however is another matter.

Exactly. Show me between 10-15 million for Samba, and I'd sell. He obviously wants gone and I'm getting tired of reading about him and his "ambition".

Show me the same amount for P. Jones and I'd be inclined to bodily harm, as its an insult.

Jones is the future of the Rovers. You don't sell the future if you have the club's interests at heart.

And for those who claim that everyone has a price, you live in a sad world.

I dont understand all the negativity. It's not as though Steve Keen has released an announcement on Phil Jones saying he is up for sale - he will have been questioned specifically on his future and has answered honestly. The key bit is "He will move on some time, but I can see him being captain here first.”

I think he's here for at least another year with the probability of him taking the arm band if Samba is sold in the Summer.

Archived