BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

Venky's have specifically said he is not for sale this summer. I think one of their email replies was on the MESSAGE TO VENKYS thread. I do trust them to turn down any offer no matter how big.

They have said they want to buy young talent and progress it, obviously with a long term view to sell for profit. I think this is the only way Rovers can survive so am pleased with their plan... whether it will materialise is another matter.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's have specifically said he is not for sale this summer. I think one of their email replies was on the MESSAGE TO VENKYS thread. I do trust them to turn down any offer no matter how big.

They have said they want to buy young talent and progress it, obviously with a long term view to sell for profit. I think this is the only way Rovers can survive so am pleased with their plan... whether it will materialise is another matter.

I still do not believe what venkys say. Money speaks louder than words. Be nice for venkys to prove me wrong though. But I do not believe the things they say. That is my choice.

I still do not believe what venkys say. Money speaks louder than words. Be nice for venkys to prove me wrong though. But I do not believe the things they say. That is my choice.

It is your choice granted,but it's also,at present completely without foundation.

As we speak, Venky's have sold absolutely no-one of consequence.

Perhaps you need to take a breath and wait and see how Venky's respond to the vultures circling before you get your knickers in a twist.

Let's have it right,in the final few years of the trust it would almost be a given that one of our best players would be sold with a vastly inferior replacement brought in(usually.. although often no replacement at all),just to keep us afloat for another year.

Your hand-wringing is currently pointless.

It is your choice granted,but it's also,at present completely without foundation.

As we speak, Venky's have sold absolutely no-one of consequence.

Perhaps you need to take a breath and wait and see how Venky's respond to the vultures circling before you get your knickers in a twist.

Let's have it right,in the final few years of the trust it would almost be a given that one of our best players would be sold with a vastly inferior replacement brought in(usually.. although often no replacement at all),just to keep us afloat for another year.

Your hand-wringing is currently pointless.

As mentioned it is my choice. There is also no foundation - as yet - to believe what they say.

But I also accept the transfer window is not open and therefore nobody has been bought or sold as yet. So yes I do wait to se what happens.

My understanding is the Trust stopped funding the club, because they wanted to sell the club, hence the need to trade players.

I suppose Samba is also hand wringing. He also is waiting to see what venkys do. But I am still not convinced of venkys commitment to the club. As I also mentioned, it will be nice to be proved wrong.

As mentioned it is my choice. There is also no foundation - as yet - to believe what they say.

But I also accept the transfer window is not open and therefore nobody has been bought or sold as yet. So yes I do wait to se what happens.

My understanding is the Trust stopped funding the club, because they wanted to sell the club, hence the need to trade players.

I suppose Samba is also hand wringing. He also is waiting to see what venkys do. But I am still not convinced of venkys commitment to the club. As I also mentioned, it will be nice to be proved wrong.

Samba was muttering about a move long before St Sam got the shove and the Trust took the money and ran so dont be trying to pin that on the new owners and manager.

I wouldn't sell Phil Jones at any cost! We need to build a team around our best players like Jones, Hoilett, Olsson, Robinson, Samba, and Nzonzi!

The top 6 clubs have all be linked but have any put a bid in for him this summer? The answer is NO!

Also has Phil Jones said that he wants to go? The answer is NO!

Samba was muttering about a move long before St Sam got the shove and the Trust took the money and ran so dont be trying to pin that on the new owners and manager.

I am refering to recent coments made by Samba. Not trying to pin anything on anybody.

Yeah, that right. They'd deserve to go simply because of that. Because we've never, ever lost any of our bright young prospects to bigger clubs have we Misery? I mean, you should know having been a Rovers supporter for over a century. That Ferguson bloke should have gone when he let Madrid take Ronaldo as well.

Simple is right.

In order to help your understanding as I can't use crayons and draw pictures for you, what I meant is that their credibility will be shot as their strategy, as far as I can see, is to build a team around the great young talent that we have. Lose one early doors and we will lose a few - it will simply send out the wrong messages to our players, our fans, other clubs and potential signings.

I'd say that £20m is about his market value at the moment, so someone would have to make a offer far in excess of that to make it worthwhile for Rovers to cash in - a value that Rovers could buy a good replacement, and 1 or other quality players too.

Newcastle took the money for Carroll because they thought they could buy more than just a replacement, and they would never be offered the same money for Carroll again, and vice-versa with Liverpool and Torres.

Misery noticed you havent posted much lately, things going against your wishes with us staying up?

Not all all Septic one. Just a few days away on holiday.

You seriously expect them to pump millions in every year ad infinitum without any prospect of it ever breaking even? Plus still get your cheap tickets, subsidised coach travel and vouchers for free pies?

Recruiting and developing excellent young prospects who are sold somewhere down the line to top clubs is the only sustainable model for a club like us, but it needs funding in the early years to prime the engine. We'll find out soon enough if they are going to do that. but no matter who owns us, Jones will end up at a top 4 club sometime.

YES, I, expect them to pump millions into the club. Unconditionally.

YES, I, expect them to pump millions into the club. Unconditionally.

That's only fair - afterall, I fully expect that you give a sizeable donation to the club on top of buying your tickets and merchandise each year

That's only fair - afterall, I fully expect that you give a sizeable donation to the club on top of buying your tickets and merchandise each year

Easy tiger. If Venkys put the same percentage of their income into Rovers as the fans do we'd be spending a lot more than £5m per season. So your comparison isn't valid.

In other news, the LT seem to be reporting Jones' departure as pretty likely with Liverpool and Arsenal the greatest threats.

At this point I expect Venkys to do everything they can to keep him - and not sell for anything less than £20, upfront. With the majority of the cash reinvested in the team.

I, pay the price thats asked, buy merchandise from the club and definitely don't go looking for freebies from the club. This in my opinion is reserved purely for the scrubbers around here.

Newcastle took the money for Carroll because they thought they could buy more than just a replacement, and they would never be offered the same money for Carroll again, and vice-versa with Liverpool and Torres.

We'll wait and see what Newcastle do with the money, I'd guess Ashley won't do much with it and most Geordies feel the same.

If Hughes was in charge and we received over 22 million for Jones then I'd probably not be too concerned if they let him go but with Venky's, Jerome and Kean running the show I'm scared stiff as to what they'd do with the money.

Replacing Jones with 3 or 4 inferior players will also see our wage bill go further through the roof. As things stand, we have to keep Phil Jones as long as we can and hope that the club steadies up in the meantime...

Just loving the way the LET are stirring the pot on a now daily basis regarding possible bids for Jones....who needs enemy's when you have this lot as your local rag!

:angry2:

Was going to post something along those lines SG 194 its as if they've already sold him the way its worded.

Well the Sport Editor is a Scouser <_<

Exactly that!!

Was thinking the same SG - its hard enough to fend off bids as it is without the local rag basically provoking them into a bid!

Looks very likely Liverpool will come knocking with £12-15m in the next few days though!!

Get a fair price for the player and let him go if that is what he wants. No point keeping unhappy players.

He isnt unhappy FFS and doesnt want to leave so why post such rubbish BangkokRover.

Archived