BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Premier League predictor

I think if we get a draw on Saturday we'll be fine. Lose on Saturday and things don't look so rosy, Going to Wolves needing some sort of result does not fill me with joy, especially if they're still in the contest as well. The United game shouldn't be considered the write off that people appear to think it is - Their midfield on Sunday was Nani ( blows hot and cold, let's hope he's cold ), Carrick ( slower than Pedersen ), Anderson ( huffs and puffs but rarely blows your house down ) and Park ( get's up and down but rarely if ever wins games on his own ) That's not a midfield to terrify anybody, if we get among 'em the vital point could come from this game. Especially if they only need a point as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we get a draw on Saturday we'll be fine. Lose on Saturday and things don't look so rosy, Going to Wolves needing some sort of result does not fill me with joy, especially if they're still in the contest as well. The United game shouldn't be considered the write off that people appear to think it is - Their midfield on Sunday was Nani ( blows hot and cold, let's hope he's cold ), Carrick ( slower than Pedersen ), Anderson ( huffs and puffs but rarely blows your house down ) and Park ( get's up and down but rarely if ever wins games on his own ) That's not a midfield to terrify anybody, if we get among 'em the vital point could come from this game. Especially if they only need a point as well.

I fear that the game being televised could draw much needed support away from Ewood Park.. United fans will cheer to the death based on the fact that they could clinch the title that day. Hopefully you're right they may accept a point as well. We used to cause United some problems, I fear a drumming though. A point against the Hammers is our most likely I think and with my predictor that has us staying up.

• Backroom

I think we may just be fine on the last day but none of us want to go to Wolves needing something.

Get anything at weekend and I feel we will be able to relax a bit more.

I wish United had beat City though so we played that game after the other fixtures that week.

the whole scenario had me thinking whether any other teams could still drop into the battle, as all I keep reading about teams being safe when in all reality they aren't

So although unlikely it is still possible looking at who has to play each other and what could happen - you never know in this topsy turvy season

So looked more favourably to the teams at the bottom and a 'what if' sort of scenario and ended up with the following - using higly possible results and scores

Had us to get a draw in each of our games as a barometer - ended up with 6 teams seperated by goal difference

PTS GD

12. WIGAN 44 -20

13. NEWCASTLE 43 -4

14. ROVERS 41 -14

15. VILLA 41 -17

16. brum 41 -18

17. BPOOL 41 -20

18. WOLVES 41 -20

19. SUNDERLAND 41 -20

20. W HAM 36 -22

So, as always means nothing really but could still see some teams pulled back into it - would be funny and 'love it, love it' if Sunderland take the drop (and I'm sure Keegan would as well) as I can't stand the turncoat and hypocrite Bruce.

i had us stay up with 3 hard fought draws... i have Wolves, Blackpool and Wigan Down

i did it again.. i have us as high as 11th with a +1 goal difference

6-0 win against West Ham

4-0 Win against United

5-0 Win Against Wolves

Cmon Rovers. :P

i had us stay up with 3 hard fought draws... i have Wolves, Blackpool and Wigan Down

i did it again.. i have us as high as 11th with a +1 goal difference

6-0 win against West Ham

4-0 Win against United

5-0 Win Against Wolves

Cmon Rovers. :P

Ive tried making ALL POSSIBLE results favour us as well as us scoring quite a few, or Bolton conceding, and i had us finish in 8th place. HAHA

Have just done the bbc predictor thingy and these are my findings

15. Blackburn 41 -14

16. Big Club 40 -19

17. Wigan 40 -22

18. Blackpool 39 -25

19. Wolves 35 -25

20. West Ham 34 -24

I had us drawing with Man Utd & Wolves & more importantly on the final day Blackpool getting tonked by the champions I had blackpool beating Bolton next week I had Wolves losing to Baggies & The Mackems next week I had big club drawing with Fulham & losing at spurs on the final day I have Wigan relegating WHU next week with 3 points at home & getting a creditable draw against Stoke at the Britannia on the last day to preserve their league status with Blackpool,Wolves & Hammers going down.

So worrying that people around me say we're definitely staying up now. Can see us getting 0 more points this season and up too -5 goal difference.

Wow, just done it and got this:-

16. Rovers 39 -16

17. Birmingham 39 -20

18. West Ham 39 -21

19. Blackpool 39 -22

20. Wigan 39 -23

Where did Wolves figure in your calculations ?

So worrying that people around me say we're definitely staying up now. Can see us getting 0 more points this season and up too -5 goal difference.

And I thought I was a pessimist.

Guest roverite1991

They won their last three

So far so good :\

Really think we need West Ham to beat Wigan next week, just to keep the points away from them. On the other hand, a draw would do, as it would most likely send the Hammers down and only gifts wigan the one point. I don;t have much confidence going into the game vs Wolves tbh and feel we need to pick up the draw from Utd at Ewood :\

I thought we were safe until I just saw Wolves vs West Brom.......

Had us , blackpool and West Ham down.

* We lose against both United and Wolves.

* Wigan beat West Ham and draw against Stoke.

* Big club win against Fulham and lose against Spurs.

* Wolves lose against Sunderland, but win against Us.

Our key to survival is the draw against Wolverhampton or relaying on ex-manager Hughes against Big Club.

I really dont like this...

Done the predictor again, had West Ham, Wigan and Blackpool going down:

17th Blackburn- 39

18th Blackpool- 39

19th Wigan- 39

20th West Ham- 36

Only had West Ham picking up one more win against Sunderland on the final day. Wigan beating West Ham but losing to Stoke. Blackpool beating Bolton but losing to United on the final day. Rovers not picking up any more points but staying up on GD. Had Wolves after their win at the weekend going on a bit of a run and finishing in 14th place on 43 points (beating a poor Sunderland and then a poor Rovers side on the final day).

But it's so tight down there this year I think it could be really hard to predict what will happen.

Done the predictor again, had West Ham, Wigan and Blackpool going down:

17th Blackburn- 39

18th Blackpool- 39

19th Wigan- 39

20th West Ham- 36

Only had West Ham picking up one more win against Sunderland on the final day. Wigan beating West Ham but losing to Stoke. Blackpool beating Bolton but losing to United on the final day. Rovers not picking up any more points but staying up on GD. Had Wolves after their win at the weekend going on a bit of a run and finishing in 14th place on 43 points (beating a poor Sunderland and then a poor Rovers side on the final day).

But it's so tight down there this year I think it could be really hard to predict what will happen.

I really hope you are wrong. That would mean us getting beat on the last day and sitting there waiting, hoping that Stoke beat Wigan. After their cup final appearance and then playing in midweek I fear Stoke could well be on a beach come the final day of the season.

There are not-unrealistic permutations that mean we could go down even with a draw against Wolves on the last day.

I'm not going to bother worrying about it this week. I'll see where we stand come 3pm Saturday and take it from there.

This has to be the closest season in years. West Ham are the only side I think are certs to go down now, the other two places could be filled by several sides.

It only take a controverisal decision for a side to get an unexpected result. Blackpool beating Bolton then for example getting a pen near the end against United to win and they could end up playing another season in the premier league.

Rovers just aren't safe yet. We might be safe with our GD but a few unexpected results and we could be in trouble.

Had us , blackpool and West Ham down.

* We lose against both United and Wolves.

* Wigan beat West Ham and draw against Stoke.

* Big club win against Fulham and lose against Spurs.

* Wolves lose against Sunderland, but win against Us.

Our key to survival is the draw against Wolverhampton or relaying on ex-manager Hughes against Big Club.

I really dont like this...

All quite credible forecasts. This a very worrying time.

Archived