SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Non-Rovers Transfers

Glenn

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.skysports..._medium=twitter

sunderland still going about there business well, they seam to know who they want with no childish bickering

In the last 12 months they've sold their 3 best players, Bent, K.Jones and Henderson and have signed a youngster from Ipswich, a decent player who was relegated at Brum and a South Korean striker yet to prove themselves in a top league.

If I were a Sunderland fan, I'd be questioning why they aren't using the ridiculous amounts of money they've got on players who will push them up the table.

Wonder if we will hear similar comments when our first signing is made...Gardner seals Sunderland switch

Gardner told SAFC TV: "It's unbelievable, to be honest. As soon as I found out Sunderland were interested, it was a no-brainer.

"Obviously, I have heard so much about Steve Bruce and his backroom staff and how good a chairman Niall Quinn is.

"It's such a massive club and their ambitions for this season meet my ambitions, and it was too good to turn down."

Wonder if we will hear similar comments when our first signing is made...Gardner seals Sunderland switch

Gardner told SAFC TV: "It's unbelievable, to be honest. As soon as I found out Sunderland were interested, it was a no-brainer.

"Obviously, I have heard so much about Steve Bruce and his backroom staff and how good a chairman Niall Quinn is.

"It's such a massive club and their ambitions for this season meet my ambitions, and it was too good to turn down."

Sure he said something similar when he left Villa to go to his "boyhood" club Big Club.

I firmly believe that the FA make forms that managers fill in the blanks and hand to players to read.

I firmly believe that the FA make forms that managers fill in the blanks and hand to players to read.

They should let the players fill in the blanks themselves. It would be, y'know, well good.

"Yeah, like, obviously I'm really over the, like, y'know, moon, and that to be at __________

Working under __________ has always been a dream mine, like. And ________ is one of my childhood heroes."

(The correct answers are

1- Mancherpool Cityspurton

2- Beyonce

3- Leo Sayer)

Gervinho has confirmed he is close to signing for Arsenal. "Just a few details in the way", he said.

Newspaper "A Bola"

Could this give a push for other clubs to make transfers?

Or is he waiting to see if Nasri and Fabregas are sold so he can back out at the last minute?

Or is he waiting to see if Nasri and Fabregas are sold so he can back out at the last minute?

I imagine Gervinho will be to replace Nasri on the left wing. Big ask, Nasri was excellent last year, but I think Gervinho is excellent.

Pigeons coming home to roost for Wenger. Three of his best players look to be on the way out, sick no doubt of playing circular football and winning naff all.

Apparently he's not too bothered about Clichy going because he thinks Kieran Gibbs is ready to start there. Gervinho should be a good replacement for Nasri.

That just leaves Fabregas. I don't think it'll affect them that badly actually, he wasn't interested at all last season. Didn't he only score 2 league goals or something?

I imagine Gervinho will be to replace Nasri on the left wing. Big ask, Nasri was excellent last year, but I think Gervinho is excellent.

I've seen speculation (pure speculation, nothing behind it) that Gervinho is going to back out of the transfer if all 3 are sold.

Sunderland like Rovers have money to spend, around £50 million for Bruce after the sales of Jones, Bent and Henderson. Whether you agree or not with some of the players that they have signed, have to say I am impressed that they identified these players as the ones that they want to sign and have gone out and landed them relatively early in the transfer window.

Sunderland like Rovers have money to spend, around £50 million for Bruce after the sales of Jones, Bent and Henderson. Whether you agree or not with some of the players that they have signed, have to say I am impressed that they identified these players as the ones that they want to sign and have gone out and landed them relatively early in the transfer window.

At club that has only once (last season) finished above Rovers (and only just despite how poor we were).

Apparently he's not too bothered about Clichy going because he thinks Kieran Gibbs is ready to start there. Gervinho should be a good replacement for Nasri.

That just leaves Fabregas. I don't think it'll affect them that badly actually, he wasn't interested at all last season. Didn't he only score 2 league goals or something?

I agree that Clichy won't be a big loss because Gibbs is a quality, ready-made replacement. Getting just £7m for him will hurt though - he's probably worth double that.

Nasri as a left sided player is no massive loss either. However, at CM last season in Fabregas's absence, he was excellent. It was while he was played here that he excelled and got such recognition. As soon as he was shifted out wide again, he faded.

When Fabregas goes, keeping Nasri will be vital for Arsenal staying in the top four. If they both go, I can see the club falling way short. I think Wilshire and Ramsey will become superb players, but neither are even close to filling Fabregas's boots.

Only Arsenal though would let two young players worth so much money go into the final years of their respective contracts.

There's a lot to admire about the way Arsenal conduct business and play on the pitch, but IMO the club needs a total overhaul. Their transfer strategy and playing philosophy will never bring success. They need to spend real money, bring in experience, and ditch the "pretty football" for a style that wins matches.

Only Arsenal though would let two young players worth so much money go into the final years of their respective contracts.

We've managed it with Hoilett. And I'd argue signing Jones to a new contract with a release clause well beneath what we could have got for him is equally stupid.

There's a lot to admire about the way Arsenal conduct business and play on the pitch, but IMO the club needs a total overhaul. Their transfer strategy and playing philosophy will never bring success. They need to spend real money, bring in experience, and ditch the "pretty football" for a style that wins matches.

I don't see any reason their playing philosophy won't bring success. All they're short of is experienced quality in key positions. Keeper, centre half, defensive mid, and they could probably do with a prolific striker who doesn't get injured all the time too. Then I think they could certainly win the league playing that way. But year on year, Wenger refuses to address those positions despite claiming to have money if he wishes to spend it.

I'd say tieing a player down to a contract and ensuring a minimum income of £16.5m is pretty much the opposite of giving a player the opportunity to leave for nothing. And £16.5m is pretty much market value for Jones. I'm really not getting the link here.

Hoilett is fair enough, but I don't recall many of our good players running down their contracts and us getting less than their worth. Arsenal, however, do it all the time.

I don't remember Fergie ever letting a player get to the last year of their contract.

Archived