BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Non-Rovers Transfers

Glenn

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happened to Scott Parker's rep in the past few weeks. At the end of the season he was going to one of the big four, the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool were being mooted but now he's being linked with Villa.

Paul Plunkett said on Twitter earlier that there'd been a run of betting on Parker to Chelsea, down from 20/1 to 6/1 within a couple of hours. This happened just after Essien's 6 month injury.

I agree that Johnson would be a great signing for £7m, especially as we have just lost Jones.

However, I genuinely do not believe that Venky's plan on spending any significant money and I will not be surprised if nobody comes in at all

If we sign cedric from monaco (I'm not even going to attempt the surname) we may not need Johnson. We'd have enough cover at cb, if samba goes it's obviously a different story.

Woodgate on a pay as you play deal could be a great signing for Stoke or could be a bad bit of business. Calculated gamble.

I'm amazed that Stoke have gone for Woodgate.

The guy has barely managed ten games in three years and has had persistent and serious injury problems that have never once looked like being remedied. Every single come-back has been cut short through a recurrence of a prior injury. His last lasted something silly like 13 minutes.

His basic wage will be a fair amount. It's a complete waste IMO.

Finally, I'm not quite sure how Woodgate can pass a medical, but Ba and a few others fail it.

Bothroyd's level is the Championship, no doubt people will realise that once again this year.

That might very well be the case, but QPR is in no position to have such qualms over transfers. They have to gamble in the market to stay up, and Bothroyd is as good a gamble as any I'd say.

Also, Paul Konchesky has signed for Leicester for a reported £1.5 million. A sad fall from grace, it wasn't even two years ago he started in an UEFA cup final.

Also, Paul Konchesky has signed for Leicester for a reported £1.5 million. A sad fall from grace, it wasn't even two years ago he started in an UEFA cup final.

He's a pretty good left back, better than anything we have. We could have bought him and moved Givet to centre back, thus solving two problem positions. Oh well.

He's a pretty good left back, better than anything we have. We could have bought him and moved Givet to centre back, thus solving two problem positions. Oh well.

I was thinking along the same lines, a good Premiership left back who would have solved a lot of problems for a small fee. Liverpool was one big dysfunctional heap when Hodgson managed there, it's hard to believe that Konchesky would have fallen from European level to Championship level in less than a season's time...

Liverpool fans should be worried at the amount they're spending on these players...

Carroll - One season in the Premiership, very one dimensional game, unproven.

Henderson - Sunderland fans seem confused about what his best position is, one season playing in the Premiership, unproven.

Adam - One good season in the Premiership, his reputation flatters him when you look at his stats, will he get away with the ambitious passing in a better side?

Downing - Solid purchase, actually better than he's portrayed IMO.

Anyone else find it ridiculous that QPR's owners have been through 6 managers in less than 4 years. All of them obviously sacked because they haven't been able to deliver promotion for QPR. However, now in warnock they have a man who has finally won them promotion - and all they are prepared to back him with so far is free transfers (keiron dyer and jay boothroyd signed)! And linked with jimmy bullard and dj campbell.

The most infuriating part I find is that you just know if they have a poor start and are in the relagation zone, warnock will be sacked!

Why be so desperate to reach the premier league by sacking so many managers, if when you get there you aren't even prepared to invest in the team to keep them up!!!!

Liverpool have spent £90 million on Carroll, Henderson, Adam and Downing. Seems absolute crazy money to me.

Seems like Kenny is trying to put together a side akin to what he had here,the game has changed, however.

Think this sums up the reason I'd be worried if I were the other clubs up top. I've been wondering if/when someone was going to use Opta in scouting/buying players as much as it seems Liverpool now is:

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7033565/Downing-Could-Be-A-Moneyball-Buy

Liverpool have spent £90 million on Carroll, Henderson, Adam and Downing. Seems absolute crazy money to me.

Seems like Kenny is trying to put together a side akin to what he had here,the game has changed, however.

Liverpools strategy is dependant on the selling price of players. 90 million looks a lot, but when you receive 50 million for Torres it starts looking better.

They are gambling that in a few years the fair play rules will kick in and English players will be astronomical due to the home grown rule. They are spending now. If it works? Anyone's guess

Liverpools strategy is dependant on the selling price of players. 90 million looks a lot, but when you receive 50 million for Torres it starts looking better.

They are gambling that in a few years the fair play rules will kick in and English players will be astronomical due to the home grown rule. They are spending now. If it works? Anyone's guess

Speedie, you have it spot on there mate, that is the strategy!!

Think this sums up the reason I'd be worried if I were the other clubs up top. I've been wondering if/when someone was going to use Opta in scouting/buying players as much as it seems Liverpool now is:

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7033565/Downing-Could-Be-A-Moneyball-Buy

Are you saying the use of stat's in buying players is a good or bad thing?

I think it's a different refreshing take on players purchases. One of the most mis-leading stat's is assist's, OPTA are now offering a stat called scoring opportunities. You could be the best winger in the world, whipping ball after ball onto your donkey of a centre forward and not receive any credit for him missing. Jordan Henderson is 3rd in the scoring opportunities table.......

Speedie, you have it spot on there mate, that is the strategy!!

It's one thing that worries me about the Rovers. We are nowhere near a position to be building for future rule changes, we are using plasters to stay afloat each season. Could bite us on the ass big time

Heard Super Stuart Ripley on the radio tonight giving his take on recent events at Liverpool. He's of the opinion that Kenny's simply trying to build a team in our '95 team's image : somebody(s) in midfield to win the ball, give it to either of two good wingers who take on defenders and get decent crosses into a strong centre forward. Worked for us and it looks like he's persuaded the American finance folk he can simply repeat the trick.

Archived