BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Killie.

I presume you didnt see the match against Kitchee in HK

Not the greatest of arguments, a part time Chinese side.

Have a look at the 38 game second half table against the best teams in England. Bottom, we are bottom of it.

Predator Goodwillie makes it 4-1.

Good start, sounds like he linked up with Formica for the goal.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about vs Blackpool ?

I don't think you are getting the point of a 38 game league. You can pick one off performances out but over the course of 38 games we were bottom of the league in the second half, that's a pattern. No opinion, no debate about it, a pure fact.

I don't think you are getting the point of a 38 game league. You can pick one off performances out but over the course of 38 games we were bottom of the league in the second half, that's a pattern. No opinion, no debate about it, a pure fact.

careful now, people might think you're being a bit negative.

Before Kean was appointed manager we hadn't got a single point from going behind in a game last season under Allardyce, the Messiah?

He was no messiah in my eyes. But you are right, a problem that existed under Big Sam still exists now. The question is what should we be doing about it?

4-1 against Kilmarnock is a fine result! Nice to see Goodwille score on his debut!!! It will just give him confidence... And remember he has already played 3 games this season in the SPL so he's fit and ready. It also looks like both Hoilett and Rochina are ready and Formica will probably start against Wolves. Only worry is the defender situation but I believe Samba is ready if he's not sold on saturday.

Thought Goodwillie was unfit according to Roverinsider? Glad to see him score.

To be fair he has played the last 15 minutes, so i don't think you can make a judgement on it as most of us on here could run around for 15 minutes.

Be interesting to hear from someone at the game to see if he looked sharp?

The commentator on Radio Rovers said that Goodwillie looked very sharp, but said that it did not surprise him since he have already played some games with Dundee..

So I guess he looked fit..

Rover insider being proved incorrect again? Theres a shock! :rolleyes:

Thought Goodwillie was unfit according to Roverinsider? Glad to see him score.

actual quotes were 'club not impressed with his fitness especially considering he had started his season. Lot of work ahead for him... the club are SHOCKED/ bordering on appalled at his fitness. He has been given his own regime to follow'

not unfir just not as fit as would be expected/hoped.

and agreed... good to see him score and let's hope the first of many.

actual quotes were 'club not impressed with his fitness especially considering he had started his season. Lot of work ahead for him... the club are SHOCKED/ bordering on appalled at his fitness. He has been given his own regime to follow'

not unfir just not as fit as would be expected/hoped.

and agreed... good to see him score and let's hope the first of many.

If they're "appalled" by his fitness, then he must be unfit. It's one or the other.

Jason Roberts has been singing the praises of Grant Hanley, saying that if he can turn in those performances then he'll have a good season.... Although he did score an own goal.

Probably just Roberts being a nice guy and hoping to give Hanley some confidence going into the season. It wouldn't surprise me if JR is getting an extra bonus to pretend everything is okay on Twitter.

Although today's was a fairly enjoyable affair there is no doubt that the final score was hugely flattering. Kilmarnock were appalling in front of goal. They had two excellent wingers who turned the Rovers inside-out but when the ball was played into the area their colleagues fluffed the chances.

I thought Nzonzi was excellent today in midfield, particularly in the second half when Dunny, Pedersen and Formica seemed to tire very quickly. Roberts was impressive - yes Roversmum, I can hardly believe that I'm saying that myself ;) - full of running, he held the ball up well and really looked the part today.

Goodwillie was generally quiet but took his chance well when it came. He's not particularly tall and I suspect would benefit playing alongside a target man rather than as a lone striker.

I thought today showed just how much we need Salgado, Samba and Nelsen in our defence. Givet looks better at full-back, Olsson is better on the left-wing and Samba and Nelsen are undoubtedly are our best two centre-backs.

It was good to end the pre-season games with a win but the performance wasn't as convincing as the scoreline suggests.

Although today's was a fairly enjoyable affair there is no doubt that the final score was hugely flattering. Kilmarnock were appalling in front of goal. They had two excellent wingers who turned the Rovers inside-out but when the ball was played into the area their colleagues fluffed the chances.

I thought Nzonzi was excellent today in midfield, particularly in the second half when Dunny, Pedersen and Formica seemed to tire very quickly. Roberts was impressive - yes Roversmum, I can hardly believe that I'm saying that myself ;) - full of running, he held the ball up well and really looked the part today.

Goodwillie was generally quiet but took his chance well when it came. He's not particularly tall and I suspect would benefit playing alongside a target man rather than as a lone striker.

I thought today showed just how much we need Salgado, Samba and Nelsen in our defence. Givet looks better at full-back, Olsson is better on the left-wing and Samba and Nelsen are undoubtedly are our best two centre-backs.

It was good to end the pre-season games with a win but the performance wasn't as convincing as the scoreline suggests.

Great summing up as usual PB. I agree with the bit in bold particularly. Do you think Nelsen can take a lot of credit for bringing on young Jonesy? Hopefully the same can happen for Hanley. I think Roberts came to the fore at the end of the season when we were desperate. This has been forgotten by some.

Pretty much my thoughts. I'd just like to add though that Junior Hoilett was terrific in the first half. He was full of pace and trickery. Partucarly pleasing was his movement in several different attacking positions. He tired in the second half though.

Archived