BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

Unlike some on this MB, I try to share anything that I think I might know.

For very clear reasons, as with the newspapers, some of the stuff could not be disclosed on here. For example, if my information / understanding is correct, some of the stuff may well be the subject of ongoing legal proceedings.

So you're saying Givet won't be in the team due to this ongoing dispute then...

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Unlike some on this MB, I try to share anything that I think I might know.

For very clear reasons, as with the newspapers, some of the stuff could not be disclosed on here. For example, if my information / understanding is correct, some of the stuff may well be the subject of ongoing legal proceedings.

So Telling us a team selection is subject to legal proceedings?

Mercer put up or stfu! Same goes for everyone else it's beyond a joke and frigging pathetic !

They're just attention seekers - claiming to be 'in the know' etc etc when in reality they know nothing.

The only people who seem to have reliable info appear to be Kamy, Glen, Makey and Zacc - and even then none of those has the whole picture. The rest are just negative scaremongers.

josh morris to play at left back with olsson at left wing

if it is about team selection then surely it should be in the match thread section of the MB.

anyway, time to go to the pub now to watch the game then out for the rest of the day drinking pints of fosters!!! :D:D:D

Mercerman, As someone else who has worked in business / commerce for a long time you can also use another word, its called "Change" and of course, not many people like it. I would also suggest that most of us don't like this AMOUNT of change, and yes, the communication has been poor, some of the decisions haven't been great (To say the least) But a lot of that can be explained away by the culture of the people who have bought us.

A lot of your points in your post are completely valid, but, there is is very little any of us can do about it, and fuelling the fire with emotive language isn't actually going to help us, is it?

THE most important factors TODAY, are OUR players, and, OUR supporters, end of.

Chill out a bit. You'll do yourself an injury buddy!

N.B. There is another route for adversity, sometimes...

Change is inevitable and usually you hope it's for the better. However, a key part of successful change is planning and execution otherwise it can be disastrous.

As for what we can do about it, yes supporters can agitate and make their feelings known. Lobby hard enough, long enough, vociferously enough and, in some instances, voting with your feet and money, the message will get through.

Your right, the most important thing today is the match and let's just hope we stuff Villa irrespective of the 11 who start the match.

I don't understand how saying someone could be dropped or selected would bring legal proceedings, unless you stated a reason why, and it was that, that was dodgy.

I also hate the 'If you've worked in' or 'if you knew anything about'. A lot of it is just common sense but people act like you should be an expert.

Worried about Arsenals defence now. Hope they go for Cahill rather than samba.

Not going to this one - 6 times in the past 2 seasons have well and truly put me off Villa Park (as well as the £40!). Hopeful that we can pinch a draw but I think it'll be 3-1 to Villa again.

josh morris to play at left back with olsson at left wing

if it is about team selection then surely it should be in the match thread section of the MB.

anyway, time to go to the pub now to watch the game then out for the rest of the day drinking pints of fosters!!! :D:D:D

fosters...?! :P

do you guys reckon Vuckevic and John transfers to be finalised on monday?

The attention seeking on here is childish. People put their opinion forward as fact backed by some rumour or inside information which can never be verified.

If any of this inside information was that shocking Im sure Philipl or Merceman wouldn't hesistate to inform us especially if it can be used to have a pop Steve Kean.

I had a funny feeling all week that by having Petrovic in the first team, it gives Kean an excuse to continue playing N'Zonzi at centre half. You could hear him in the media talking about how well he did, which to be fair, he did, however we're a Premier League team and shouldn't be relying on an inexperienced centre half and a midfielder to be a partnership in central defence.

If Samba hasnt travelled - makes you wonder why they didnt push through a loan deal for a spare centre half. Difficult to see us getting anything - lets keep fingers crossed.

My thoughts too. If Samba and/or Nelsen aren't fit for today then why didn't we ensure that we got someone in this week? - be it this American chap or similar.

Archived