BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

• Backroom

What worries me about Hanley is his brain and reading of the game, last week he came across and won a header mid way in our half but played it straight accross into the path of a Wolves player.

Surely everybody knows not to play accross your own box?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Hanley gets a good run in the team and shows why he was rated as a better defender than PJ.

1-1 Rovers going ahead.

I'm not sure who rated him better than PJ? Positionally he's all over the place and for his size he gets bullied off the ball far too easily. He looks more like a Tiny Taylor than a PJ to me

I hope Hanley gets a good run in the team and shows why he was rated as a better defender than PJ.

I'd love to know who said that.

In all fairness to Grant, I think he'll make it. He's young yet for a centre half. Phil Jones is a fantastic player, top class. It can't have been easy for Hanley coming through at the same time as him. A run in the team with Nelsen or Samba and hopefully he'll learn from those guys. He has plenty of time yet.

I'm not sure who rated him better than PJ? Positionally he's all over the place and for his size he gets bullied off the ball far too easily. He looks more like a Tiny Taylor than a PJ to me

This has been taken out of context, as Academy players Hanley appeared the better prospect but Jones pushed on, a similar thing here, Ramm (and I rate him highly) was seen as a great prospect but Adam Henley has pushed on before him, it happens, development of a player changes with age and maturity, then the mentality and character starts to come into play, some players think they are there and fall by the wayside, others, almost discarded as not quite good enough for one reason or another, grasp the nettle, knuckle down and work hard, they progress, happens at every club!!

2-0 Villa. And I don't want that to happen, but I can't see us getting a point unless we grind out a 0-0 draw, and we don't have the squad for that.

(Assuming both doubtfuls will make it)

Robinson

Salgado (Ribero)

Nelsen

Samba

Olsson

N'Zonzi

Petrovic

Rochina

Formica

Hoilett

Goodwillie (Roberts)

Prove me wrong, Rovers!

Yes I believe that the fans deserve to be put in the picture if there has been a fall out. If Givet is refusing to play then that is disgraceful and pathetic from a professional footballer, considering how much he is being paid, and I would expect his wages to be docked accordingly.

If Kean is deliberately refusing to play him because of differences between Givet and the Club then that is equally as bad as he is putting our survival at risk unecessarily.

Clearly there is something wrong and I suspect he will be out of the door once we get a replacement.

Come on Rovers tell us the truth!!!

Sorry Tash!!

Panic on the streets of Langho

Panic on the streets of Clitheroe

I wonder to myself

Could Gael ever be sane again?

The Ewood side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Blackburn End

But away fans, you're not safe here

So you run down

To the safety of the pub

But there's Panic on the streets of Mill Hill

Lower Darwen, Shadsworth, Ossy

I wonder to myself

Burn down the dressing room

Hang the blessed Givet

Because the rumours that we constantly hear

IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY CLUB

Hang the blessed Givet

Because the remours we constantly hear

On the Ewood side-streets that you slip down

Provincial towns you jog 'round

Hang the Givet, Hang the Givet, Hang the Givet

HANG THE GIVET, HANG THE GIVET, HANG THE GIVET

HANG THE GIVET, HANG THE GIVET

HANG THE GIVET

er.... right. Ahem. Anyway.... 1 - 1. Junior.

Well it's been an interesting week, with the clamour to see Kean ousted reaching a crescendo at the start of the week. However the club seemed to have successfully diverted the wrath of the fans from kean's pantomime court appearance by the leak of some decent arrivals. Following last weeks debacle it was imperative to get a couple of experienced players in for this game or surely forfeit the chance of points once again.

Sadly, and perhaps not unexpectedly, we don't seem to be as near to potential signings as we were led to believe by Kean the soothsayer. Indeed if rumours are to believed we could be minus Givet once again (rapidly turning into Le sulk IMO and we need rid) and more worryingly Olssen.

So to today's game. Can we get an established CB partnership out there? - unlikely. Have we replaced the goal machine that is Roberts? - No

Will we get any points of a Villa side that will possibly be at its most vulnerable in this game (not strengthened that much, fans not happy with manager) - Can't see it unfortunately, they are the bane of our bloody lives at the moment!

Going for 3-1 Villa and pressure heaped back onto Kean and the owners by 5pm.

Then again, wouldn't it be great if we took the points and announced 3 signings today...

• Backroom

Amazing that people want to drop Roberts after looking one of our better players last week. We need someone like him to bring hoilett and Formica into the game

With everything going on behind the scenes, a win today is suddenly very important to stabilise the club and give a chance to prevent exits and encourage arrivals.

A defeat of 3+ goals anchoring us to rock bottom of the fledgling table was just bring on the crisis headlines (which in reality would reflect the true state at Ewood).

With everything going on behind the scenes, a win today is suddenly very important to stabilise the club and give a chance to prevent exits and encourage arrivals.

A defeat of 3+ goals anchoring us to rock bottom of the fledgling table was just bring on the crisis headlines (which in reality would reflect the true state at Ewood).

I think you are slighty over stating the issue there Philipl. I expect Rovers to loose, if Samba is not playing I think Bent will have a field day. As someone else has already said could be interesting to see Salgado v NZonbia.

I think you are slighty over stating the issue there Philipl. I expect Rovers to loose, if Samba is not playing I think Bent will have a field day. As someone else has already said could be interesting to see Salgado v NZogbia.

Doesn't N'Zogbia play on the right for Villa with Bent up front and Albrighton on the left. I'm sure that the way they play against Fulham last week.

I think Rovers will line up today like this in a 4-2-3-1 formation:-

Robinson; Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson; Dunn, Nzonzi; Hoilett, Formica, Pedersen; Roberts

Subs:- Bunn, Hanley, Morris, Lowe, Petrovic, Rochina, Goodwillie.

the bench does highlight the the lack of depth in the squad but hopefully with 4 or 5 more signings to come we should be okay on this front shorthly.

Taking a punt today and hoping Samba is fit, 2-1 rovers with the winner coming in the 95th min of JR's backside.

Also have a side bet on Salgado to be subbed with dizziness after chasing N'zogbia all afternoon.

Yellow card on Salgado is a sure bet.

Don't really have an alternative to Roberts at the moment? 1 in every 15 games Jase can be unplayable.

I used to stick up for Roberts, I think this was true before. IMO up until a couple of seasons ago he was worth more to us than a lot of fans realised.

But now he's got older and lost that yard of pace which would get him ahead of most defenders (despite missing the subsequent chance) he's completely ineffective.

Archived