BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

I used to stick up for Roberts, I think this was true before. IMO up until a couple of seasons ago he was worth more to us than a lot of fans realised.

But now he's got older and lost that yard of pace which would get him ahead of most defenders (despite missing the subsequent chance) he's completely ineffective.

I'd temper that slightly and say he's effective coming on at around 60-70 minutes. He's no starter

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd temper that slightly and say he's effective coming on at around 60-70 minutes. He's no starter

I'd go along with that, but even now I think he's fast losing that effectiveness coming on as a sub too.

Which is a shame because there was a time not so long ago that I considered him a very useful squad member despite some people thinking he was useless.

• Backroom

I used to stick up for Roberts, I think this was true before. IMO up until a couple of seasons ago he was worth more to us than a lot of fans realised.

But now he's got older and lost that yard of pace which would get him ahead of most defenders (despite missing the subsequent chance) he's completely ineffective.

To be fair to him he is frustrating as hell in front of goal but who else that we've had recently would have created that goal last week?

To be fair to him he is frustrating as hell in front of goal but who else that we've had recently would have created that goal last week?

That's kind of by default really though since you can't judge most of our new players coming in just yet (even Rocinha has played so few minutes for us), so Roberts is pretty much the only senior attacking player at the club we know very much about, besides Hoilett who plays more out wide.

I don't do predictions, followed Rovers for far too long for that.

Hopefully though, I will look forward to watching us on MoTD and listening to loads of Villa fans moaning about us on 606.

Wouldn't it be nice for a change to see all the so called experts having their faces rammed in it?

Lets see some passion from The Rovers please.

Cryer, writing in the LT earlier in the week, said we were "ludicrously underprepared for the first game of the season" That's quite a statement from the LT with so many unspoken implications.

Hard to feel that much could change in a week.

what worries me is the fixture list. our home games for the next 4-5 games are all games we would normally expect little from and we travel poorly. im hoping that we are not to far adrift when the so called easier games come along.

HOME GAMES

everton

arsenal

man city

tottenham

chelsea

AWAY GAMES

villa

fulham

newcastle

qpr

norwich

our start to the season all depends on our away form unless we create a few upsets

• Backroom

what worries me is the fixture list. our home games for the next 4-5 games are all games we would normally expect little from and we travel poorly. im hoping that we are not to far adrift when the so called easier games come along.

HOME GAMES

everton

arsenal

man city

tottenham

chelsea

AWAY GAMES

villa

fulham

newcastle

qpr

norwich

our start to the season all depends on our away form unless we create a few upsets

It is a worry but to be cliched we have to play every team twice and if we fail to get enough points to stay up then we deserve to go down. As we know as Rovers fans we often pick up points when we don't expect to and vice versa

I don't mind Roberts but we should not be relying on him to start week in, week out. He did set up the first goal last week too.

Some of his best form was when he was in a huff last season!

I'd much prefer read Chaddy's updates than your constant whingeing in every single post you make.

And how I wish I didn't need to whinge !!!

When you've worked in business / commerce for any length of time, in addition to evidentially, instinctively you know when there are big issues within an organisation.

Again, I think there are many supporters who do not realise, IMO, just how bad things are at Rovers. Nothing that I see, hear or even surmise gives much ground for optimism, from top to bottom of the club.

Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned. Well, Rovers, IMO, is burning big style. As I said earlier this week, if nothing dramatic happens soon, then, IMO, heaven knows what state we will be in come 2012.

Also, if what I've heard this morning is correct, expect at least one selection shocker today.

• Backroom

Also, if what I've heard this morning is correct, expect at least one selection shocker today.

As with Philip this morning, if you actually knew anything you'd just come out and say it rather than talk in riddles and then claim you were right if anything vaguely similar occurs.

As with Philip this morning, if you actually knew anything you'd just come out and say it rather than talk in riddles and then claim you were right if anything vaguely similar occurs.

Unlike some on this MB, I try to share anything that I think I might know.

For very clear reasons, as with the newspapers, some of the stuff could not be disclosed on here. For example, if my information / understanding is correct, some of the stuff may well be the subject of ongoing legal proceedings.

And how I wish I didn't need to whinge !!!

When you've worked in business / commerce for any length of time, in addition to evidentially, instinctively you know when there are big issues within an organisation.

Again, I think there are many supporters who do not realise, IMO, just how bad things are at Rovers. Nothing that I see, hear or even surmise gives much ground for optimism, from top to bottom of the club.

Nero fiddled whilst Rome burned. Well, Rovers, IMO, is burning big style. As I said earlier this week, if nothing dramatic happens soon, then, IMO, heaven knows what state we will be in come 2012.

Mercerman, As someone else who has worked in business / commerce for a long time you can also use another word, its called "Change" and of course, not many people like it. I would also suggest that most of us don't like this AMOUNT of change, and yes, the communication has been poor, some of the decisions haven't been great (To say the least) But a lot of that can be explained away by the culture of the people who have bought us.

A lot of your points in your post are completely valid, but, there is is very little any of us can do about it, and fuelling the fire with emotive language isn't actually going to help us, is it?

THE most important factors TODAY, are OUR players, and, OUR supporters, end of.

Chill out a bit. You'll do yourself an injury buddy!

N.B. There is another route for adversity, sometimes...

Unlike some on this MB, I try to share anything that I think I might know.

For very clear reasons, as with the newspapers, some of the stuff could not be disclosed on here. For example, if my information / understanding is correct, some of the stuff may well be the subject of ongoing legal proceedings.

So what is the news then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived