BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

I am now absolutely convinced that Samba is on his way out.

Disgusting and unprofessional behaviour if a team captain will stand by and let his team mates struggle on without him.

I seriously hope Nelsen is back.

Why do we assume the decision was down to Samba?

And where the hell are Petrovic and Formica?

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we are playing 4-4-2 and willing to defend from the front. The bench will be interesting/frighteningly exposed.

That Villa line-up will kill us if we try any of that diamond nonsense.

Playing a 4-4-2 might kill us with that team selection. When I immediately look at that midfield the first thing that strikes me is that isn't balanced and highlights the weaknesses we have seen for the last 3-4 seasons.

• Backroom

hands up if you are very worried of Kean getting his second defeat

very nervous, more then usual

We would have been no matter the team

Dunn cannot play in the centre of midfield away from home, we might aswell play an injured Grella

I dunno about that. He's looked trimmer this season and lasted 90mins against Wolves.

Dunno why Formica has been dropped, but 4-4-2 away from home is a bold move.

kevingallacher8 Kevin Gallacher

#rovers bench bunn,formica,petrovic,rochina,blackman,ribiero,lowe

Just goes to show how much Kean rates Andersen. We are in the middle of a CD crisis and he doesn't even make the bench.

1. Is Grella actually injured or being forced out like Diouf? If he is then can we get some sort of official word of what's wrong with him?

2. Why are people expecting Petrovic to start? The expectations on the lad by some around here are a bit high I feel. He's a £3m youngster from Serbia with good prospects, we didn't sign a £15m Premier League veteran.

1. Is Grella actually injured or being forced out like Diouf? If he is then can we get some sort of official word of what's wrong with him?

2. Why are people expecting Petrovic to start? The expectations on the lad by some around here are a bit high I feel. He's a £3m youngster from Serbia with good prospects, we didn't sign a £15m Premier League veteran.

Cos the other options in midfield are Dunn and Pedersen!

Kean is just flapping around now in his selections and tactics.

If Nelsen cannot last long (this is one huge gamble), presumably Petrovic gets pressed into service and Nzonzi drops back to centre half.

Not playing Formica looks odd but as Kalinic found out, forwards get dropped by Kean if they score a goal in the previous game.

Don't think many would have predicted that team nor the absentees.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it's going to be essential that we don't concede an early goal.

I'd be very surprised if Ryan gets past half time.

We can't go on signing players who might deliver tomorrow, we need players who can deliver today.

COYB - deliver against all the odds.

Archived