BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well go and support Barcelona then.

Personally whilst I give credit to Barcelona for adapting perfectly to the modern conditions of perfect pitches and non contact football with all tackling frowned upon.... they really do bore the living daylights out of me. If they were playing football in my grounds I'd draw the curtains! Sorry but 'keep possession and if you lose it go to ground screaming' tactics is not my cup of tea.

You do make me laugh sometimes...to dismiss the best team ever (probably) in such a dismissive fashion is,quite frankly ridiculous. I know you're a bit of an old fossil but what do you prefer- the agricultural approach of the old so-called 'crazy-gang' aka Wimbledon??

Kean Pre-match press conference talking about a new Number 2

Was that meant to make me chuckle or am I just in a very infantile mood?

Tim Sherwood then? i wonder what Batty's up too?

Are we missing the obvious guy who earns a living from his telegraph column amongst other media roles? Mr Gallagher?

I'm not holding out hold that it will happen, but it's a chance I didn't think we'd get after the mistake of hiring Clement. Third time lucky maybe.

I'm not sure Clement did a bad job at all. Kean picks the team to suit his and his mentor's agenda. Clement could only ever work under that burden since he came.

But watching defenders boot it into the stands gets your heart racing?

When it's bobbling about in our penalty box and we are under pressure then yes it does. However an aimless hoof up to a lone striker's head when there are team mates available and in space and particularly in wide positions then no it bloody well doesn't. Why are you arguing?

I've seen Pique bang it out for a corner when he's had a striker breathing down his neck chasing a bouncing ball in his own penalty area. He'd be an fool ( or Christian Dailly ) not to. It's got to go out and the further up the stand you can get it the longer you've got to organise for the corner. I was watching Wigan a while back, they conceded two goals because two of the back four didn't know wether to stick or twist. One guy was out by the touch line facing his own goal with an opponent up his arse. He thinks " Shall I put this out for a throw in or shall I try to turn blind and and dribble out of trouble knowing I'm the last man ". He tries to turn, Idiot. Result Wigan 0-Opponents 1. One of the key factors in any sport is decision making at speed under pressure, the teams that get most of these decisions right usually thrive. Watch the Australian Rugby League team.

Well go and support Barcelona then.

Personally whilst I give credit to Barcelona for adapting perfectly to the modern conditions of perfect pitches and non contact football with all tackling frowned upon.... they really do bore the living daylights out of me. If they were playing football in my grounds I'd draw the curtains! Sorry but 'keep possession and if you lose it go to ground screaming' tactics is not my cup of tea.

Not often I agree with you Drog but certainly do here.

We've already got a number 2, in every sense, we need a number 1.

If Kean is allowed to bring in a new assistant, we'll at least know that (being kind) MG Road is completely misinformed.

We've already got a number 2, in every sense, we need a number 1.

If Kean is allowed to bring in a new assistant, we'll at least know that (being kind) MG Road is completely misinformed.

I've only read 2 threads on this Board this morning [this one and Miller11's Job Application] and both have had me laughing out loud.

Talk about humour in the face of adversity, . . .

Tim Sherwood then? i wonder what Batty's up too?

Don't think Tim would give up being first team coach at Spurs to join us!! And when we was at a Q&A at Ewood (cant remember who!)they said that Batty has nowt to do with footy at all but can be found every day walking his dogs on the beach at Whitby. Thinking about it, Batty sounds a perfect fit for us right now!!

Archived