BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

In Podcast #20 (available this evening), Kam gives a name of somebody he believes is applying for it.

Would be popular with the fans if nothing else.

Applying for it...

Popular with fans...

He won't get it!

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a good move. Give the place a lift. Think he's also done coaching in Turkey so not a complete novice

I doubt Tugay has the coaching skills required to help plug the leaky defence.

Any lift in morale would only be VERY temporary if results didn't improve. If you want an example, see Shearer's stint as Newcastle manager.

It would be a terrible move, I hope it doesn't happen. We need an experienced assistant with proven tactical knowledge.

I doubt Tugay has the coaching skills required to help plug the leaky defence.

Any lift in morale would only be VERY temporary if results didn't improve. If you want an example, see Shearer's stint as Newcastle manager.

It would be a terrible move, I hope it doesn't happen. We need an experienced assistant with proven tactical knowledge.

We need a change of tactics to plug our leaky defence. That comes down to the manager. Any new assistant will only be implementing the way kean wants to play. Chelsea had a good defensive record when clement was there but didnt do much for us.

Any new assistant will only be implementing the way kean wants to play. Chelsea had a good defensive record when clement was there but didnt do much for us.

Clement was an assistant coach at Chelsea, that's lower down the ladder than the role Brunskill holds for us.

Assistant managers should be heavily involved in the tactical side of things, not just merely following orders like coaches.

If you believe Tugay would just be told what to do by Kean then why would you want him here? He wouldn't be able to make a slightest bit of difference to our plight.

You can't have it both ways!

could it be Colin Hendry or Mike Newell??? most likely Derek Faz

Personally , I can see a lot of conflict with Kean in all the above appointments ,,But a job is a job ..

Not sure a fans favourite would be employed ..But agree if they were Faz would be favourite , he doesn't seem to want to be a manager .

Kean is a political animal and will not go for someone who is very popular with the supporters as he would see a situation where there might be a clamour to replace him with say Tugay.

From speculation I've heard, I'd put my money on Faz..

Clement was an assistant coach at Chelsea, that's lower down the ladder than the role Brunskill holds for us.

Assistant managers should be heavily involved in the tactical side of things, not just merely following orders like coaches.

If you believe Tugay would just be told what to do by Kean then why would you want him here? He wouldn't be able to make a slightest bit of difference to our plight.

You can't have it both ways!

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. Assistant managers are there to help the manager tactically and with identifying transfer targets. However, I don't think whoever comes in will make any difference or have any power. I'm not even sure kean has much power either, he is a puppet. I believe kean himself is under orders to play attacking, exciting football from the owners. And does anyone think kean wanted to sign most of the players he signed in the summer?! he doesnt even play half of them. That's the reason they got rid of big sam, they knew he wouldn't accept how to be told how to play and he certainly wouldnt have allowed the club to sign players who he didnt want.

I think it would be good to get somebody on board that the fans actually like and respect. But the owners are the real problem.

I believe kean himself is under orders to play attacking, exciting football from the owners.

If this is the case then why haven't they sacked him?

We seem to be playing Sam Allardyce tactics but without the defensive coaching.

£££

So why sack Allardyce which cost them quite a lot of money, to replace him with a poorer substitute?

Or are you saying their original intention was to play exciting, attacking football under Kean because they were sold a white elephant.

Coincidentally since Kean took over, with him getting well fed from destroying our football club, he is literally starting to look like a white elephant.

So far in the Barca game Pique has had a couple of chances/situations where it may have been "wise" to lump it in to the stands. He hasn't done it. The commentators even remarked on the second occasion how he likes to play out from the back and how playing it clear aimlessly is frowned upon at Barca, even if it costs a goal, using the Madrid goal and subsequent persistence with the tactic as evidence.

They don't "lump it in to the stands", they would rather concede.

Edit: And again just now, down in his own corner with a player on his back he tried to take the ball round him, then as a last resort tried to play it off the attacker to win a goal kick. In this country it would have been out for a corner no questions asked.

So far in the Barca game Pique has had a couple of chances/situations where it may have been "wise" to lump it in to the stands. He hasn't done it. The commentators even remarked on the second occasion how he likes to play out from the back and how playing it clear aimlessly is frowned upon at Barca, even if it costs a goal, using the Madrid goal and subsequent persistence with the tactic as evidence.

Edit: And again just now, down in his own corner with a player on his back he tried to take the ball round him, then as a last resort tried to play it off the attacker to win a goal kick. In this country it would have been out for a corner no questions asked.

Who are Barca playing tonight ?

You can keep your Flamenco footy TG4. The most exciting match that I have seen for some time was City v Man Utd yesterday. Terribly wrong sending off but the action and quality was breathtaking..... and defenders on both sides were lumping it clear time and time again.... in fact City's 2nd goal wouldn't have come about if Scholes had put his foot through the ball when he should have!

Fergy was not best suited at MU's 2nd half performance and I'd wager a boot would have been flying at Snr Pique's head if he had been playing for MU and had tried those stunts yesterday.

btw whats this about......... :rolleyes:

Archived