BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Clement

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does he? Who says?

I'd wager any team spirit and motivation comes from the players themselves.

Well...at least he can be in charge of the team and not be a detriment to the spirit, then.

The only positive from his reign is that he seems to have retained the dressing room. You could see from the Liverpool and Man Utd games (and reactions at the end) that there is a good spirit in the squad.

I still hate him with a passion and want him out of the club, I'm just trying to grab on to some optimism with Clement's departure...most players are obviously happy to play for Kean, if we can get an assistant to do the tactical side then we might have a chance.

Getting someone like Billy McKinaly would absolutely kill any of that though. In fact, that might be my tipping point to stop paying attention to football this season and do something else with my time.

Come on Ricky, this is the most interesting conversation on here for weeks. Why stifle it? It has grown naturally from the original topic, why is it a problem?

They should be able to move those posts into their own topic and carry on from there. Unless the forum software is outdated.

Seemingly, Kean coming under pressure to consider Derek Faz as seen, being an ex Rovers' favourite, as one who could also deflect some of the feeling away from Coco (though I don't think anything would deflect feeling away from Kean). Paul Hunt also knows from Leicester.

I'm sure there's a topic here about Paul Clement, however I've just read 2 pages about whether barcelona's defenders clear the ball or not!!

Back onto the Clement talk please.

Someone mentioned Billy McKinley as Keans number 2, that wouldn't be a bad shout at all.

I'd vote no on McKinley. We don't need another friend of Kean. And other than youth, what has he ever managed?

On the football tactics issue, was Clement brought in to assist Kean tactically? If so, discussing tactics is on topic, even if we do it in a compare and contrast between youth and professionals.

Besides as one poster stated, it is the most positive and informational exchange in weeks. Don't stifle it.

Does he? Who says?

I'd wager any team spirit and motivation comes from the players themselves.

I don't think that;'s quite fair. Total pandemonium at the club, terrible results, fans booing the manager, but morale does seem in those circumstances to be reasonably high. I have been pretty impressed with Kean fostering that. He deserves the credit for keeping morale up as much as Ince did for destroying it.

Not that it has actually helped us win any football matches mind.

I heard a rumour locally in Lytham that coco has been speaking to Colin Hendry.

That would be just brilliant Colin as assistant. "Colin, Colin show us your arse! Colin show us your arse!" - then the Ewood big screen cuts to a close up of Keano.

I heard a rumour locally in Lytham that coco has been speaking to Colin Hendry.

That'd p1ss me off no end.

An assistant brought in, not because he'd improve things in anyway, just to try to diffuse the bad atmosphere for Kean at the ground because he's employing a rovers legend.

Horrible man is Kean.

Theno / Jim think it is good practice to teach it, whereas the Barcelona football academy does not.

Well go and support Barcelona then.

Personally whilst I give credit to Barcelona for adapting perfectly to the modern conditions of perfect pitches and non contact football with all tackling frowned upon.... they really do bore the living daylights out of me. If they were playing football in my grounds I'd draw the curtains! Sorry but 'keep possession and if you lose it go to ground screaming' tactics is not my cup of tea.

Well go and support Barcelona then.

Personally whilst I give credit to Barcelona for adapting perfectly to the modern conditions of perfect pitches and non contact football with all tackling frowned upon.... they really do bore the living daylights out of me. If they were playing football in my grounds I'd draw the curtains! Sorry but 'keep possession and if you lose it go to ground screaming' tactics is not my cup of tea.

But watching defenders boot it into the stands gets your heart racing?

Archived