BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters meeting with Club

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just been on the official website and seen the phrases used.........risk assessment....supporting intelligence information....blah blah blah!

Just who is putting out this bull?

It's unbelievable.

Whoever you are....when you're in a hole stop digging.

I've just been on the official website and seen the phrases used.........risk assessment....supporting intelligence information....blah blah blah!

Just who is putting out this bull?

It's unbelievable.

Whoever you are....when you're in a hole stop digging.

Rubbish!! Just dig upwards.

Do you know the contents of the 2 statements (I'm not asking for the contents)? Also do you know what John Newsham will be saying regarding the "confusion"?

The statement was supposed to be a joint statement hence you have not heard anything from us regarding last nights meeting, but the gist of it is, the concerns we had need to be heard at a much higher level, whilst some of the questions we posed.

John will discuss on the radio I think, the communication he ha had with the protest organisors and also the group which went last night which was put together with people which attended the open meeting.

This was our understanding so guess we will have to wait to see who words the statements

Though - what the dickens is John Newsham doing chairing this meeting? He is the stadium manager! I suppose then it was mainly to do with the protests.

However, give John his due, he recognised that it needed to 'go up a level' as you say. I am very heartened by this. I was hoping that something along these lines could be arranged. But why was this not recognised before? It's so obvious. I would have wanted such a meeting to go immediately to Paul Hunt, Rob Coar, etc., and hopefully this will be arranged sooner rather than later.

I think that is the crux here Mum,under John Williams Glen and any unhappy supporters would have been given a personal audience months ago. There is absolutely no way John Newsham should ever have been there as the chair, he should have been there in a Health & Safety only (not blaming John just the position he was put in). That comes down to top level management from the club.

The club will issue 2 statements tomorrow whilst John Newsham will be on Radio Lancashire tomorrow morning regarding the confusion that the statement the club put on the website has caused

Do you think the club will keep to it's word this time?

I hope you have backup plans in place - it looks to me like they are stalling for time to try and make Saturday's protests as fragmented as possible.

I think that is the crux here Mum,under John Williams Glen and any unhappy supporters would have been given a personal audience months ago. There is absolutely no way John Newsham should ever have been there as the chair, he should have been there in a Health & Safety only (not blaming John just the position he was put in). That comes down to top level management from the club.

I think I can see why this meeting was arranged with John Newsham. There needed to be sensible discussion and I am assuming that was the case, and so things can move on. A step at a time.

So John Williams would have met with the supporters. Yes, but would it really have made any difference? I'm not convinced on that in the circumstances. And I'm disappointed that the protesters are not building on the links they are making, which I rather hoped GlenM would have the sense to do, rather than organising planes and nonsense and trying to disrupt the players who will be on the pitch - it's pretty obvious the tactics here are to disrupt the team as much as possible - it's going to be a tough one against Chelsea in any case but of course that plays right into everyone's hands. Never mind the issue about banners - that was pretty much a no go to be honest if you think about it, there will be non-protesting supporters (who have as much right to a view on matters) mixed in with the protesters and that most certainly could lead to trouble.

In any case you will be able to display them after the match.

The club is NOT dying, it's very much alive, just needs a bit of tweaking, that's all.

COYB.

"it's pretty obvious the tactics here are to disrupt the team as much as possible"

Eh?!

So you think Glen (and the other guy's)'s tactic is to disrupt the team as much as possible?!

It's quite clearly the opposite - the team needs supporting more than ever.

It's Kean and Venky's who need to feel pressure, before (hopefully) taking action to give us a fighting chance of staying up this year.

I do wonder if you're on the wind-up, with some of the stuff you've recently come out with on here, Roversmum.

I think I can see why this meeting was arranged with John Newsham. There needed to be sensible discussion and I am assuming that was the case, and so things can move on. A step at a time.

So John Williams would have met with the supporters. Yes, but would it really have made any difference? I'm not convinced on that in the circumstances. And I'm disappointed that the protesters are not building on the links they are making, which I rather hoped GlenM would have the sense to do, rather than organising planes and nonsense and trying to disrupt the players who will be on the pitch - it's pretty obvious the tactics here are to disrupt the team as much as possible - it's going to be a tough one against Chelsea in any case but of course that plays right into everyone's hands. Never mind the issue about banners - that was pretty much a no go to be honest if you think about it, there will be non-protesting supporters (who have as much right to a view on matters) mixed in with the protesters and that most certainly could lead to trouble.

The club is NOT dying, it's very much alive, just needs a bit of tweaking, that's all.

COYB.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, Delusion is infectious

COYB.

One word.... BONKERS!

COYB.

The problem with that argument, is that protests go on up and down the country in many clubs. United fans have been protesting for 2 years now. The pro glazers and anti glazers still sit together and there hasnt been any issues of in fighting.

Football is a very simple business - its a results business 100% If the manager isn't performing, then the owners need to take decisive action. That's what JW did when he realised his mistake in appointing Ince. It's pretty clear that Mr Hunt doesn't actually hold any power at all. Its also pretty clear that the owners have no money. So all their talks of beckhams etc have just been pipe dreams.

Its such a shame, it could have been so so different. All the things they really wanted - publicity, bringing the game to India etc could all have been achieved with a very different strategy.

1.Imagine if they had come into the club and asked the fans to be patient whilst they learned the ins and outs of running a team.

2. imagine if they had kept JW and SA on for the season, whilst they properly evaluated things.

3. Imagine if they had been sensible about the restructure of the running of the club. Im all in favour of bringing in fresh ideas, Instead of decimating the club by removing experienced people in their positions and replacing them with novices, or nobody.

4. Imagine if they had said they will invest small amounts, each transfer window, and that they wanted to build on the huge success of the club in the past 10 years. (we're the only club with a positive transfer fund)

5. Imagine if they really understood, that the longer they leave things with kean, the worse its continuing to get. fact.

For all their 'talk' about what they plan to do, they have delivered on nothing.

COYB.

We have not broke or upset any links quite the opposite to be honest, so once again you are throwing mud hoping it will stick.

Our tactic has never once been to disrupt the team on the pitch, and like every other game, i will be praying and supporting for three points come 3 'o'clock this saturday.

Simon and I are not the leaders, we just organise things on behalf of the group at their request if enough people want things like planes to happen, The group is democratic and communicates at all times to ensure that supporters have the best opportunity to use their right to protest within the legal barriers of common law.

If you would rather see people break the law to fit your agenda then please just come out and say so, You wanting people to fail has come across very apparent in recent weeks which is sad, as all supporters regardless of beliefs should be united in wanting things to improve, both on and off the pitch.

You do many good things in your local community and indeed on behalf of others at Blackburn Rovers, this is commendable as is your faith in the owners and people who have been given the job to move the club forward. No-one is knockng your faith to give them a chance as this is your opinion, However allow others to have theirs on their growing concerns.

A difference of opinion is important and I applaud you for taking a definate stance on yours, there is nothing wrong in believing the best in people, However as supporters we are equal and we are all allowed our opinion and deserve every opportunty to have our voices heard democratically.

Supporters are only protesting because they care, why people can't see this is beyond me, Perhaps some people are more tolerant than others but don't label fans frustrations and anger as non-productive. Any business model or industry would always put their customers first, because without them their is no business. Yes as supporters we have been spoilt over the last 20 years as Jack Walker put the team and town on the map and with this raised the bar. Supporters can handle the truth, and supporters can handle relegation (If we are the worse team) Sadly the truth is not being told and we are not the worse team, yet we can't buy consistancy. Rovers cannot be allowed to fall out of the top flight of football through Mis-Management and incompetance, as the likely hood of a return would be slim.

Supporters including me will watch rovers whatever the future holds and whatever division we play in, but does that mean we should just accept this? You perhaps can, but I could not live with myself knowing I sat on my hands and allowed this to happen when the warning signs were there. The other supporters who are protesting also see the warning signs, and you can't change anything by watching the parade go by.

Lets all unite give our boys 100% support as we always do for tomorrows game and continue to deliver the message to the owners of Blackburn Rovers that this clubs supporters is there number one priority, until they recieve that message, and decode it and respond to it, these protests will continue

We have not broke or upset any links quite the opposite to be honest, so once again you are throwing mud hoping it will stick.

Our tactic has never once been to disrupt the team on the pitch, and like every other game, i will be praying and supporting for three points come 3 'o'clock this saturday.

Simon and I are not the leaders, we just organise things on behalf of the group at their request if enough people want things like planes to happen, The group is democratic and communicates at all times to ensure that supporters have the best opportunity to use their right to protest within the legal barriers of common law.

If you would rather see people break the law to fit your agenda then please just come out and say so, You wanting people to fail has come across very apparent in recent weeks which is sad, as all supporters regardless of beliefs should be united in wanting things to improve, both on and off the pitch.

You do many good things in your local community and indeed on behalf of others at Blackburn Rovers, this is commendable as is your faith in the owners and people who have been given the job to move the club forward. No-one is knockng your faith to give them a chance as this is your opinion, However allow others to have theirs on their growing concerns.

A difference of opinion is important and I applaud you for taking a definate stance on yours, there is nothing wrong in believing the best in people, However as supporters we are equal and we are all allowed our opinion and deserve every opportunty to have our voices heard democratically.

Supporters are only protesting because they care, why people can't see this is beyond me, Perhaps some people are more tolerant than others but don't label fans frustrations and anger as non-productive. Any business model or industry would always put their customers first, because without them their is no business. Yes as supporters we have been spoilt over the last 20 years as Jack Walker put the team and town on the map and with this raised the bar. Supporters can handle the truth, and supporters can handle relegation (If we are the worse team) Sadly the truth is not being told and we are not the worse team, yet we can't buy consistancy. Rovers cannot be allowed to fall out of the top flight of football through Mis-Management and incompetance, as the likely hood of a return would be slim.

Supporters including me will watch rovers whatever the future holds and whatever division we play in, but does that mean we should just accept this? You perhaps can, but I could not live with myself knowing I sat on my hands and allowed this to happen when the warning signs were there. The other supporters who are protesting also see the warning signs, and you can't change anything by watching the parade go by.

Lets all unite give our boys 100% support as we always do for tomorrows game and continue to deliver the message to the owners of Blackburn Rovers that this clubs supporters is there number one priority, until they recieve that message, and decode it and respond to it, these protests will continue

Fantastic post mate, absolutely spot on!!!

COYB.

You've hit a new low here Mum. I believe the term is "appeasement".

COYB.

Mum, with all due respect, the club has never been in a mess like this in all the 50 years that I have been supporting it. Of course we have had difficult times before, and no doubt will do again, but for many of us it feels as if the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club. We have lost senior people, both on and off the pitch, and the replacements, with all due respect to them, are simply not of the same calibre. The infrastructure is shot to pieces and it would appear that the jackboot is the order of the day rather than communication. It's strange how banners were acceptable when Mrs. Desai was not present but that the fans are not allowed to protest in her presence. This woman wants to make all the decisions and yet has made no attempts to spend time at the club learning how to run a Premier League club. Nor has she made any attempt to build relationships with the town and community of Blackburn.

There are many who do not agree with the protesters but who have become totally estranged from Venky's and see them as every bit as much of a problem as Kean.

If Venky's are to make a go of things in Blackburn they need to win the support of that silent majority because once they turn against them openly there will be no way back for the owners.

The first step in the right direction would be to bring in a proper PR team who would no doubt be able to put a lid on a situation that is rapidly getting out of control. At the moment the club's PR is beyond a joke and without the calming hand of a John Williams or Tom Finn at the helm we seem to stumble from crisis to crisis on a daily basis.

The position is still salvagable but they need to get a grip fairly quickly. I'm afraid that simply coming out and asking people to trust them and that everything will be fine because of their positivity is not working. The simple fact is that the majority of supporters lost faith in them some time ago and now is a time for action not the usual trite comments that the owners, manager and PR machine are so fond of. I'm afraid we passed the tweaking stage some time ago.

Mum, I usually start these responses by saying that I have a considerable respect for you as a poster. But recently every substantive post of yours has a throw away line in it which seems designed to be inflammatory and it's getting harder and harder to see the "positives" in your post.

It's getting to the point where I'm coming to the opinion that your objective is to protect the owners, the Raos, not the club. And to create excuses as to why the team is not performing well which has nothing to do with Kean's ineptitude.

So if you really believe that the Raos are good for the Rovers, please tell me what they have done to improve the club over the last year?

I don't think you can come up with one sensible example. And that gives rise to severe reservations concerning your good faith.

Mum, I usually start these responses by saying that I have a considerable respect for you as a poster. But recently every substantive post of yours has a throw away line in it which seems designed to be inflammatory and it's getting harder and harder to see the "positives" in your post.

It's getting to the point where I'm coming to the opinion that your objective is to protect the owners, the Raos, not the club. And to create excuses as to why the team is not performing well which has nothing to do with Kean's ineptitude.

So if you really believe that the Raos are good for the Rovers, please tell me what they have done to improve the club over the last year?

I don't think you can come up with one sensible example. And that gives rise to severe reservations concerning your good faith.

Its like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and it is now becoming scary.

Seems that anyone left in a room alone with Kean or a Venk somehow sees the light.

• Moderation Lead

You've had the wool pulled over your eyes mum, and your posts have a bit of a smug tone to them.

Delusion doesn't come close describing how your posts have been lately.

I think people need to lay off mum a lot because I believe she & her husband have been put in an impossible situation because I do believe her when she says Venkys have got lots of money to make Rovers truly big but the truth being they are not willing to put their own money into rovers which you can hardly blame mum for plus given the fact you have a stubborn woman who buy's Coco's BS makes it a desperate situation. Hopefully P.Hunt goes through with his threat of quitting in 2 weeks if that doesn't work nothing will. 1 thing that has just struck me is that from the Pune 9 we have heard from Balaji & Venkatesh but Mrs D has never told us what coco has that makes him so bulletproof I think they also need to appoint a chairman and they need to clarify when they will appoint a new chairman. I also think it is unfair to throw things at mum if the venkys decide not to use their own money even though they have loads but I do agree the owners need to speak to the rest of the supporters about their long term vision for the club. I also believe they have done the phases wrong first they should be looking to establish the team in the premier league then once that happens they should be looking to promote the brand in India not the other way round. Hopefully they will start to learn before it's too late.

Archived