BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast 14

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depressing stuff. I think podcasts like this need to be in some way balanced, even if we have to make some stuff up just to make us all feel better. Aren't we in the market for an expensive Barca youth player or something...?

Question in regards to potential suitors for the club:

philipl, I know you mention that things can change within 18 months, and people not interested before may be interested now, and that's a fair comment. BUT, isn't it also true, by your own analysis, that the club has potentially tripled its debt or more and has numerous other problems that may require to be addressed. Why would any sane person want to buy the club in this alleged situation? Even if they did, would they be able to stop the alleged problems our club currently faces? If new owners were to take over the club, the only reason they would desire to put money into the club is if they were passionate about the club itself a la Jack Walker, or they had a top notch business plan that the club could be a part of that would be beneficial to them in the long-term.

Does anyone know what ever happened with the Premier League investigation into the Givet deal?

Question in regards to potential suitors for the club:

philipl, I know you mention that things can change within 18 months, and people not interested before may be interested now, and that's a fair comment. BUT, isn't it also true, by your own analysis, that the club has potentially tripled its debt or more and has numerous other problems that may require to be addressed. Why would any sane person want to buy the club in this alleged situation? Even if they did, would they be able to stop the alleged problems our club currently faces? If new owners were to take over the club, the only reason they would desire to put money into the club is if they were passionate about the club itself a la Jack Walker, or they had a top notch business plan that the club could be a part of that would be beneficial to them in the long-term.

Does anyone know what ever happened with the Premier League investigation into the Givet deal?

I think you have answered your own question re superior business plan.

I think the Givet deal was found to be regular.

Trying to make 'sense' of what is going on at Ewood is far from easy!

This podcast (its superb by the way) puts forward some very plausable and unfortunatly, some very very worrying information

Where it is all going doesnt bear thinking about - and the feeling of desperation/impotance that was used to describe the mood on Saturday was spot on

There seems no end to this F#######g nightmare

great work guys, appreciate the time and effort you all put into that

Worrying times indeed, Venky's have some explaining to do, why dont we club together and return the favour, invite them over here for a personal chat

..and getting scarier. I know what glen mullan's most recent post is about and that is going to cost Rovers a significant loss in income.

Think he's slipped that out already. He's friendly with one of the WEC group. Does that mean they've written a letter withdrawing from the deal ?

..and getting scarier. I know what glen mullan's most recent post is about and that is going to cost Rovers a significant loss in income.

But the Venkys are billionaires Philip! Remember the first mortgage? Someone explained that away by saying it takes a while for money to come out of India! Surely the Venkys can cover this loss in revenue themselves or just take out another mortgage or something. Nothing to worry about according to the Telegraph, Venkys and Kean. Top 10 here we come.

I found some of Philipl's comments very worrying...I really do wish there was a way you could tell us all what you really know of these 'rumours'.

Simon I know what you mean on this but I'm sure you appreciate why Philip has to be discreet with his information. I find the best way to treat this is to consider there are several different possibilities for Rovers future each of which is dependent on many different factors.

We could be bought out in a few weeks and things look entirely different, then again Kean coul d still be here at Christmas.

bearing in mind what was said in the podcast especially related to the worsening financial situation, I cannot understand why the

venkys are not being targeted by the protesters. It is obvious that Kean is literally a puppet to take all the flack from the people

who have caused this problem ie the venkys. Whilst i appreciate it is difficult to get to them surely unrest needs to increase

targetted at them. Using the Rovers to fund their expansion plans and then presumably running away when they have plundered the

guaranteed income stream is bordering on criminal, as directors of Blackburn Rovers they are bound by company law to work in the

best interests of the club.

This is the first podcast I've listened to and it was excellent. PhilipL especially came over very well with very balanced views. Moreso perhaps than is sometimes possible posting in the maelstrom of a fractious messageboard being plunged headfirst into unknown territory towards the beginning of Venky's reign. I gather this isn't the first one he's appeared on so I hope in doing so he gets less stick and more respect for his opinion as a result.

What dismays me is the seeming lack of interest in the media that has much better access to the Venky's than we do in raising these serious issues. Especially the question as to mortgages from the companies house literature which are matters of fact, not speculation. Perhaps someone better connected than I can put a bit more pressure on the LET to report on these issues?

I thought the point about the lack of any real ability to put pressure on the Venky's to be a pertinent one but we've a very motivated fanbase here not afraid to think outside the box. Is it worth trying to collate any ideas about how we can put pressure on the Venky's in India? I can't imagine for example, a plane flying over some media event they're having in Pune would escape attention.

I enjoyed the podcast - good job guys

Phillip - on the subject of the venkys xpres expansion into the UK and Europe, do you think venkys could be using brfc as an fx hedge?

Ie match off the Sterling/Euro income from the food outlets against the cost of running Rovers? There is also the possibility they want to use the gbp debts to offset the gbp investments in venkys xpres shops?

The upside of the arrangement would be the exposure to the venkys brand.

Archived