BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

Is that why they left early?

Hope that word was the Qatari dailing code!

Best outcome but failing that in a sane world they would have concluded, on the basis of the first half, that they had to launch the search for another manager urgently!

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best outcome but failing that in a sane world they would have concluded, on the basis of the first half, that they had to launch the search for another manager urgently!

Or that they project has failed, they need remortgage us up to our tits and take as much money out of the club for themselves and their facilitator?

* edited to add a question mark, it's a theory

Very poor first half.

Improved second, although David Dunn was a disgrace all game. No sympathy whatsoever, hope he is mightily embarrassed with himself tonight and its a long while before we have to suffer him in a Rovers shirt again.

Defensively very poor, hope Samba is back for Stoke!

Robinson should have done a lot better with the 1st and 3rd goals, that said, his bravery at the death was inspirational. Yakubu took both chances well and another decent game from MGP.

In conclusion, poor BUT we didn't lose! Another point to the total, and one more than we got at Wigan in 09/10 and 10/11.

Ratings - Robinson 7, Salgado 5 (Henley 5), Dann 5, Hanley 5, Givet 6 (Roberts n/a), Hoilett 6, Dunn 1, Pedersen 6, N'Zonzi 5, Rochina 5 (Formica n/a), Yakubu 7

I have just received this txt:

"Just got this off my Mate who is in box at Wigan, he's not a bullshitter either....'Just seen the venkys they wer leaving at halftime. Some1 told them to sack kean they said 'we will do what needs to be done, everybody will happy' I reckon he's going".

Make of it what you will.

Roughly translated means, yes we know your not happy but we dont care as we are going in a min and im sure Jerome will make the right decisions.

In all honesty it's just the same gobbledegook as what they always say, they dont have the slightest idea what will make fans happy, I have never seen owners so distant from the fans, to them we are just a distraction they dont need, hence the half time walk out.

A united Rovers is what I dream of again and I dont care what division we are in but the sooner these idiots and Jerome Anderson and his puppet are out of our club the better, I could'nt have ever forseen that 3 people could be so stupid, all it takes is to say bye bye Anderson, bye bye puppet, hello new chairman, hello Carlo Ancellotti, and we climb the league and fans unite again.

How hard is that?

• Backroom

Shameful that only one player came over to acknowledge the fans at the end.

It is but I have a feeling a few players werent happy with the fans today.

At one stage I think it was when Givet was down there were Kean out chants and a few of the players were stood around and Hanley looked up at the fans and shook his head.

Maybe he goes easy on them but it does seem for some reason they back him.

Still no excuse for not coming over at the end though

That annoyed me quite a lot, the commentators on my stream were saying that the fans were fickle and that they were perfectly happy when we were in a good position and only singled Kean out when things went badly.

Shows how naive the media are, generally we'd want Kean out regardless of the score today. The way we were playing merely compounded that feeling.

Shows that a lot of those who commentate on matches are not fans. Of course we got excited when we scored - it's live football and it's our club even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment. If we'd chanted Kean out all match they'd have had a go at us for not supporting our team. We want rid of Kean but suspend our dislike to try to encourage the team on the pitch and goals get us excited. When we go behind again of course we remember the manager is rubbish and we want rid. All fans are fickle like that - you can't help cheering a goal for your team even if you are already 8 down and no chance of getting back into it. When things are going badly you get on someone's back, in our case our despised manager and the idiots who continue to employ him.

At one stage I think it was when Givet was down there were Kean out chants and a few of the players were stood around and Hanley looked up at the fans and shook his head.

What do you mean for some reason? He goes over to India and sweet talks multi millionaires for breakfast, footballers are like childsplay for him, Kean is a motivational coach, that was his job before he took over as a so called manager, he preps the players, bows to their commands, bends to their every whim.

Look at the players on the pitch and you see exactly what a good coach can do, motivate the players, get them playing their hearts out but when it comes down to closing games out your managerial nouse leaves you lacking. This is exactly what we are seeing, the players are playing for him and some are running their tripe out but it is all kick and chase and close down everthing pulling yourself out of position leaving yourself open.

If you really believe that Rochina brings nothing to the game, then you are way beyond any possibility of enlightenment my friend.

So enlighten us, what did he bring today?

He was totally useless today, I will give you that the lad has talent but for a relegation battle you need winners not luxury players, so how was he of use today?

Sounds like another empty sentence, just saying whatever will keep people quiet.Only time will tell though.

If they believe that its only a minority who believe Kean should be offed, then logically they believe most will be happy if he stays.

That's not everybody though which they're quoted as saying.

In short, they are like no human beings I've ever come across before and I have no idea what's going on! :(

• Backroom

He was totally useless today, I will give you that the lad has talent but for a relegation battle you need winners not luxury players, so how was he of use today?

By that reckoning though 9 or 10 of our players shouldn't have been playing today.

He had an off day but is a genuine talent and creates chances and scores goals.

Well it's certainly not the fans fault. It's the fault of those who choose to put the players in that position in the first place and.... NOT LISTENING TO THE FANS.

Ooh link please ??

As much as I dislike Kean , I don't agree with people giving out his address. He has kids and a wife. It is like the threats to Glenn, bang out of order. I want the guy out of a job but not to fear for the safety of his kids. on another note the very comment sounds like a load of ###### to me

Roughly translated means, yes we know your not happy but we dont care as we are going in a min and im sure Jerome will make the right decisions.

In all honesty it's just the same gobbledegook as what they always say, they dont have the slightest idea what will make fans happy, I have never seen owners so distant from the fans, to them we are just a distraction they dont need, hence the half time walk out.

A united Rovers is what I dream of again and I dont care what division we are in but the sooner these idiots and Jerome Anderson and his puppet are out of our club the better, I could'nt have ever forseen that 3 people could be so stupid, all it takes is to say bye bye Anderson, bye bye puppet, hello new chairman, hello Carlo Ancellotti, and we climb the league and fans unite again.

How hard is that?

Agreed. Dare to dream my friend.

He's our most skilful player, and him and Hoilett are the only 2 we've got with the ability to make things happen.

Centre midfield is the problem - N'Zonzi looks average at best, and if we're talking about players without the balls for a relegation battle then Pedersen is top of the list. Just watched MOTD and as well as being at fault for Wigan's first goal by failing to close Gomez down he did the same on several occasions resulting in an obvious and prolonged bollocking from Robbo.

Dunny is finished, Grella is .... where is Grella?? .... Andrews is Andrews and Petrovic at best doesn't look ready for the Prem.

Archived